• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Remember that time Patrick had lunch with Cosmo (the speedrunner)? And Patrick also said he was working on a piece on competitive Smash Bros.

Now all that stuff is probably going to go to Kotaku. :(

I hope some of the GB crew catches some AGDQ next week. I like hearing them react to crazy speed run strategies. There's this Game Informer video in which Dan has his mind blown at Super Metroid speedrunning...and they talked about Chameleon Twist speedruns that one time on the Bombcast... that was cool.

My impression is that Brad usually watches a fair bit of the GDQ streams, even more than Patrick.

Myggen

I finally finished all of the GOTY podcasts and recap videos. Amazing stuff this year. Was there a gif made of Brad eating like his piggies?
Oh my

9E9Txcf.jpg

2712736-0656849414-q8pxc.gif

I think I remember Brad being a party-pooper and dissin' on speedruns that use "exploits," and that's like the most fun part of speedruns!

I like me some good exploits, but I have to admit that I enjoy the purely skill based runs the most.

I gotta say, this is a really good bit of advice from Dan. Very well put, as well:
@DekkaDekkaDekka Absolutely. The more something scares me, the more I want to do it. If you go the other direction, your world gets smaller.

3 more is my bet

Mario party 3 early in the year sometime

Mario Party 4 Summer

Mario Party 5 in November

I sense this is probably accurate, but I really hope they get through more of them than that. Otherwise it'll take years to finish the series. Thinking out loud, they should probably get the majority of the franchise done this year. Is there anything stopping them doing one every two months, for instance?

Maybe that's just wishful thinking!! C'mon Mario Party Party. Soooooooo good.

Wunder

I sense this is probably accurate, but I really hope they get through more of them than that. Otherwise it'll take years to finish the series. Thinking out loud, they should probably get the majority of the franchise done this year. Is there anything stopping them doing one every two months, for instance?

Maybe that's just wishful thinking!! C'mon Mario Party Party. Soooooooo good.

nah they gotta pace themselves.

Wunder

I'd watch Jeff and Brad go through a bunch of singing/rhythm games

Looks like the mods took down the Dan Superfan thread over there. Here's a capture of the OP: http://i7.minus.com/ibiZPMJ7lpDoKX.jpg

Damn. I kind of feel for the guy, I know I feel the same way to an extent about the original crew. There was something magical in the basement and they produced some of the funniest and craziest shit I've seen on a video game website.

Does anybody know of an archive of Jeff and Ryan's drive-homes from 2011 onwards? They used to stream it out on Twitch.

I have all of 2010, so I don't need any of 2010 -- it's just that I don't have anything past that, and my understanding is that Twitch purged all their archives a few months ago. Just throwing out a line in the hope that somebody archived/knows of an archive of anything past 2010.

Volotaire

I'm going to have to go through the various GOTY podcasts over the next few weeks for the past few years. I had always ignored it, but it's too good to pass up after listening to this year.

Myggen

Does anybody know of an archive of Jeff and Ryan's drive-homes from 2011 onwards? They used to stream it out on Twitch.

I have all of 2010, so I don't need any of 2010 -- it's just that I don't have anything past that, and my understanding is that Twitch purged all their archives a few months ago. Just throwing out a line in the hope that somebody archived/knows of an archive of anything past 2010.

I know that the Giant Bomb Unarchived channel has a bunch of those up. Should be your best bet. Gaffers who frequent this thread run the channel, so if there's stuff you can't find there maybe they've got it downloaded?

edit: seems to only be 2010 streams there. Did he do any past that on Twitch?

I know that the Giant Bomb Unarchived channel has a bunch of those up. Should be your best bet. Gaffers who frequent this thread run the channel, so if there's stuff you can't find there maybe they've got it downloaded?

edit: seems to only be 2010 streams there. Did he do any past that on Twitch?

Yep, got all those thanks. They definitely streamed well into 2011, and maybe even up into 2012. I know this because I had set myself a reminder to download the archives of that stuff, and then Twitch pulled it all before I got the chance. :(

I've actually got more 2010 content than the folks that do the GB Unarchived channel do, so maybe I'll upload what I have at some point.

I'll post a thread on the Giant Bomb forums just in case, and maybe on the Reddit as well, but I'm guessing this is a lost cause, which is a crying shame. So much candid, genuine content lost, all because Twitch burned the archives.

Myggen

Yep, got all those thanks. They definitely streamed well into 2011, and maybe even up into 2012. I know this because I had set myself a reminder to download the archives of that stuff, and then Twitch pulled it all before I got the chance. :(

I've actually got more 2010 content than the folks that do the GB Unarchived channel do, so maybe I'll upload what I have at some point.

I'll post a thread on the Giant Bomb forums just in case, and maybe on the Reddit as well, but I'm guessing this is a lost cause, which is a crying shame. So much candid, genuine content lost, all because Twitch burned the archives.

You could try the GB communities at Something Awful (if you've got an account) and Penny Arcade too. But yeah, I suspect you're probably correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom