• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

It is pretty easy if you pick up
the thermal goggles (from the room with Sokolov I think)

iirc it's in the locker in his room. Thermal Goggles are probably the best equipment in the game. Extremely useful for The Fear, The End and The Boss as well as scanning for items, traps, soldiers and animals throughout the game.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Ha, It was that boss fight that made me realise Life Medicine was a thing too. Before that I was relying on the regen.

I also played the entire game without knowing you can stalk silently with the dpad :( When I got the spirit camo I figured that was the only way to truly sneak up on enemies.

BanGy.nz

Banned
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but it's hardly the best in the series, I'm not saying it's a bad game, just overrated.
You were polite and respectful but we are now mortal enemies. I will end you and anyone else who doesn't share the correct opinion on the Metal Gear Solid franchise.

I also played the entire game without knowing you can stalk silently with the dpad :( When I got the spirit camo I figured that was the only way to truly sneak up on enemies.

Wait what? I didn't manage to sneak up on a single person till the camo too. I wasn't aware of this at all >_>

strafer

You were polite and respectful but we are now mortal enemies. I will end you and anyone else who doesn't share the correct opinion on the Metal Gear Solid franchise.

Is this what gaming has come to? Have a different opinion and get hated.

Best keep my mouth shut for the rest of my life.

jgminto

Wait what? I didn't manage to sneak up on a single person till the camo too. I wasn't aware of this at all >_>

I believe it mentions "stalking" with the d pad in the manual, though I don't know if any codec conversations mention it. It does seem like something a lot of people missed. I wonder how many people know that if you throw guards to the ground after putting them into a chokehold and hold them up they will stay down forever (unless seen or an alert is sounded) because that's something I missed until recently.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

Yeah apparently it's written in the manual, but that's the only way you'd know unless you accidentally used the dpad.

I'll probably play it again along with Drew when he starts it, and sneaking will make the early stages much more fun.

I wonder how many people know that if you throw guards to the ground after putting them into a chokehold and hold them up they will stay down forever (unless seen or an alert is sounded) because that's something I missed until recently.

Ooh that's interesting. I'll try that when I play it again too.

I believe it mentions "stalking" with the d pad in the manual, though I don't know if any codec conversations mention it. It does seem like something a lot of people missed. I wonder how many people know that if you throw guards to the ground after putting them into a chokehold and hold them up they will stay down forever (unless seen or an alert is sounded) because that's something I missed until recently.

Yeah apparently it's written in the manual, but that's the only way you'd know unless you accidentally used the dpad.

I knew I should of clicked on the manual menu option when booting up the HD version >_>

BanGy.nz

Banned
Is this what gaming has come to? Have a different opinion and get hated.
Say "DriveClub" three to times in a mirror and the answer will be made clear.

I was joking about the Metal Gear thing,
I'm not joking about the DriveClub, don't do the mirror thing because it'll summon 'them' Oh god don't do it! They'll destroy us all!

Zaph

My favorite show of all time.

I grew as a man during those years.

Both mentally and physically

image.php

strafer

Say "DriveClub" three to times in a mirror and the answer will be made clear.

I was joking about the Metal Gear thing,
I'm not joking about the DriveClub, don't do the mirror thing because it'll summon 'them' Oh god don't do it! They'll destroy us all!

Can't comment on DriveClub, haven't played it.

Seen a bunch of gorgoeus weather stuff though.

Can't comment on DriveClub, haven't played it.

Seen a bunch of gorgoeus weather stuff though.

Kind of odd to talk about the weather more then the actual gameplay..........

No bombing in the A.M. today :( , its going to be a rough transition. It was the Monday content basically. Hopefully when NY is running full steam they can have things on deck to get at least 5 days of content up.

I'm a little disappointed that we're not gonna get to kick off the new year with a new Bombin' :(

At the very least I hope we get a Dan fueled premium feature this week - if not MPP3 or MGS3, it's been a while since the last Demo Derby...

also hi GB-GAF, just got activated. be gentle :D

I'm a little disappointed that we're not gonna get to kick off the new year with a new Bombin' :(

At the very least I hope we get a Dan fueled premium feature this week - if not MPP3 or MGS3, it's been a while since the last Demo Derby...

I keep clicking your avatar, but the boobahs wont go away.

Welcome!

daydream

Banned

great username

welcome!

I hope this weeks podcast is an all off topic/story podcast. We need a make up for the lost all emails podcast, at least if they do all OT/Story they wouldn't feel like it's all just rehashing stuff they already talked about.

Volotaire

Hi!

kingocfs

This is Dan's alt account, right?

popo

It would be great if they kicked off the new podcast "Wake the f**k up you C**t, with V-Dawg and The Wolf" - but I doubt it will happen yet.

P.S. Someone remind Patrick that he needs to post three articles before midday - one of which must reference an advertiser and one must generate at least 10k clicks in the first hour. It is in his contract :D

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I'm super jealous of your username.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys, looking forward to talking about random, tangentially-related-to-GB stuff with y'all (instead of just reading it, unable to say anything).

Jintor

The this year compilation is so good I might go back and relisten to the other this year compilations again

Dan truly is a national treasure. And maybe also a national anti-treasure, too

Bacon

The this year compilation is so good I might go back and relisten to the other this year compilations again

Dan truly is a national treasure. And maybe also a national anti-treasure, too

I thought this year's best of may have been the best one yet. I remember '09 and '11 being really good as well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom