• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
The this year compilation is so good I might go back and relisten to the other this year compilations again

Dan truly is a national treasure. And maybe also a national anti-treasure, too

Myggen

So Greg Miller is going Giant Bomb, it seems. Interesting, if only I liked the other three and the content they already put out on Kinda Funny.

So Greg Miller is going Giant Bomb, it seems. Interesting, if only I liked the other three and the content they already put out on Kinda Funny.

I read that wrong and got a little scared for a second

I wonder when the patreon bubble will burst.

I don't know, but Alex tweeted about this and he's right, it's simultaneously sad and hilarious

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/brokencyde-forever

Uh, what ? Where did you get this ?

see, I'm not the only one

Anjin M

I wish I gave a damn about any of them, because that sounds exciting to their fans.

EDIT: Also, welcome back everyone!

lol there's 6 threads on the front page about it. people tripping over each other to be the first one to post something that happened an hour ago

Myggen

Giant Bomb was so ahead of their time with this shit.

I missed this thread.

Yeah, no doubt. Making "let's plays" before it got really popular on YT (I know Something Awful started it), long videos while other gaming sites were scared shitless of anything longer than 10 minutes etc. It seems like Greg Miller's thing will be extremely live and reaction focussed, with a Beyond-like podcast every day. Seems kinda insane.

Volotaire

Haha, no honestly I didn't. Didn't think that it could be misread!

Wouldn't be too surprised if Greg Miller is on the Bombcast this week. I'm sure they're making the rounds right now, and Greg seems to be on good terms with the entire GB crew.

I think Jeff did a podcast with them too? Their paid one?

Bacon

Anyone feel like this image is a little crass?

I wouldn't be super thrilled about seeing that if I was one of the higher ups at ign.

Imagine Patrick posting something like that when he left giantbomb.

Myggen

I think Jeff did a podcast with them too? Their paid one?

He did. Talked about his love/hate relationship with wrestling. It's on their YT channel and is pretty good!

I wouldn't be super thrilled about seeing that if I was one of the higher ups at ign.

Haha, those guys aren't above doing the HOT GIRL thumbnail on their videos on YT, so that picture is pretty classy compared to that shit :p

It doesn't matter. The IGN execs will move on eventually, John Davison will be hired to run IGN, he'll buy kindfunnygames and then leave IGN to work as CEO of a mobile studio

You never see people talking about "quitting" jobs like that. It's always "left" or "resigned."

Myggen

How messed up is it that in the IGN forums some people don't know who Greg Miller even is.

That's not surprising to me. IGN, like Gamespot and Kotaku, still largely get their hits from people just wanting news and/or who come there from Google. I think people overestimate how important Greg and Colin were to that site, being the behemoth it is.

Go ask how many people on the GS forum know who Danny is. My guess will be that a lot of them won't know (then again, most of the people who are left on that forum seem to hate Gamespot now).

I look froward to the announcement of the Large Explosive DOT com Patreon later in the year.

Anyway isnt the company backing IGN these days in a bit of a state these days? Wouldnt be shocked if the site is heading towards another changing of hands.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
How messed up is it that in the IGN forums some people don't know who Greg Miller even is.

Sounds like a good reason to leave.

Looks like patrick just posted his first real article to Kotaku, for those interested:

http://kotaku.com/i-wish-dragon-age-inquisition-respected-my-time-1677548813

This is a bit weird to me.
As I've gotten older and personal responsibilities mount up, I have less time to spend with my favorite hobby.
Isn't that like....his job? At least part of it? It just sounds odd to me when a people who professionally write about videogames say stuff like that.

Gonna tweet this to Patrick, hopefully he'll do one just for you.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The other day I was playing Inquisition and I picked up a wine bottle on a table and it said "1 of 29 bottles found"

Like, fuuuuuck you, nuh-uh. I'm not doing that.

But what if you get a hot bioware sex scene when you find all 29?

The other day I was playing Inquisition and I picked up a wine bottle on a table and it said "1 of 29 bottles found"

The game that can fuck off with this is Far Cry 4. "Hey that's 1 of 75 propaganda posters." "Hey that was 1/17 Towers" "1/35 Journal entries" "1/20 bells rung"

Neeeehhhh...

kingocfs

Yeah, I feel the same way about that stuff. Especially with the shards. Fuck those shards.

Still having a blast with it, though. Sure it fits pretty snug into the MMO paradigm, but that's the type of game it is. A lot of people seem to not like it but preface their complaints with "I just clocked 120 hours of gameplay and finished Dragon Age, but..."

Myggen

DA: I is turning into my biggest disappointment of 2014. I just hate the mission design in the game, too much MMO-like bullshit, and the story isn't doing much for me. I really loved DA: O, but this? :(

Oh well, I can always fire up Baldur's Gate 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom