• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

I though Max left Rev3 so he could do his Comedy Button Patreon thing?

Comedy Button Patreon is doing pretty well, and they're doing a lot of new stuff, but Max is recently engaged and could probably use a proper job and paycheck on top of the Comedy Button stuff.

erawsd

DA: I is turning into my biggest disappointment of 2014. I just hate the mission design in the game, too much MMO-like bullshit, and the story isn't doing much for me. I really loved DA: O, but this? :(

Oh well, I can always fire up Baldur's Gate 2.

I totally agree. Its a game that has no business being as large as it is because they had nothing worthwhile to fill the space with. It does nothing exceptionally well, and I thought it was a stepback from Origins in every measure.

Rapstah

What scares me is that Bioware has been talking a lot about how this is going to be the template for the next Mass Effect game.
I was never the biggest ME fan but my love for Sci-Fi was enough to get me through the games but if they just make DA:I in space I'm out.

I guess we know what bringing back the space car means now! When ME4 comes out, I also bet we'll know exactly how KOTOR 3 is going to be.

Megasoum

Banned
Wouldn't be too surprised if Greg Miller is on the Bombcast this week. I'm sure they're making the rounds right now, and Greg seems to be on good terms with the entire GB crew.

Ugh I hope not... Why would GB give free publicity to a direct competitor?

They have a politic to generaly not try to influence ongoing kickstarters... This would be by far the worse exemple so far.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert 59 seconds ago
So I think I just got gifted some land in England? And I'm apparently a Lord now.
B6nOH0wCcAAx6Yn.jpg

oh geez

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
DA: I is turning into my biggest disappointment of 2014. I just hate the mission design in the game, too much MMO-like bullshit, and the story isn't doing much for me. I really loved DA: O, but this? :(

Oh well, I can always fire up Baldur's Gate 2.
Same here. I was so excited when people were talking the game up, since I liked DA:O so much and could have seen me enjoy more of an action style combat, but MAN is that game full of boring and useless stuff. It's my biggest disappointment of 2014, for sure.

Same here. I was so excited when people were talking the game up, since I liked DA:O so much and could have seen me enjoy more of an action style combat, but MAN is that game full of boring and useless stuff. It's my biggest disappointment of 2014, for sure.

I really disliked the loot system, it's so RNG that my party didn't get a single useful schematic or weapon for 20+ hours making Act 2 super annoying as anything bigger than a foot soldier would take an extra 5 minutes and most of my potions.

Then you get that magical drop only to realize you can easily craft something that is 3x as powerful leaving the superboss dragons useless to fight as they give you some real crappy drops (probably RNG again).

I found the story pretty good until Act 3. They also really messed up the villain by making him seem like a total wuss after introducing him in such a bad ass way.

Zabant

Hate to rain on dan's parade but that thing is worthless

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scam_title

It's no different than if Dan signed up to GAF with the name 'Lord Rykert.' You can call yourself whatever you like legally, but the British government will not recognise you as a peer .

It's a neat gift but essentially a $60 fancy bit of paper.

The Oxford Guide to Heraldry said:
Lordship of this or that manor is no more a title than Landlord of the Dog and Duck.

komplanen

I can't wait to see Dan and Drew return to MGS. I'm so excited for 3 and 4 that it's getting harder and harder not to just watch longplays of them on YouTube. I never played 3 myself but I watched it on YouTube and it's been years since I last played 4 so I'm practically melting with anticipation. GB time is even worse than Valve time because I actually give a shit about what GB does.

Volotaire

I'm playing through MGS3 and
I was climbing the ladder and the Snake Eater theme started playing. That was cool. And on top of the mountains, if you look below, you can see the whole jungle you have been fighting and foraging through. That combined with the bumpy land on the top of the mountain with the Russians shooting rocket launchers at you from a distance is so well executed. Also The End boss fight is one of my favourite boss fights now. Wow.

I was climbing the ladder and the Snake Eater theme started playing. That was cool. And on top of the mountains, if you look below, you can see the whole jungle you have been fighting and foraging through. That combined with the bumpy land on the top of the mountain with the Russians shooting rocket launchers at you from a distance is so well executed. Also The End boss fight is one of my favourite boss fights now. Wow.

Yup that was pretty awesome

no one ever
shot rocket launchers at me
because I would just
snipe them with the Mosin I got from beating The End nonlethally, ~or~, deliberately fuck shit up by jumping into the AA guns and blasting everything including the buildings and Hinds.

no one ever
because I would just
snipe them with the Mosin I got from beating The End nonlethally, ~or~, deliberately fuck shit up by jumping into the AA guns and blasting everything including the buildings and Hinds.

I wonder how Drew will go through it...come oooon surprise Scanlon tonight~ We all gotta believe.

no one ever
because I would just

I believe you can also
prevent them from having rockets by destroying a weapons cache in an area just before fighting The End. You can also prevent the helicopter from being there by destroying it at the helipad just before the Ocelot boss fight, way before.

The variety of ways you can tackle situations is one of my favorite things about MGS3. I can't wait to see Drew's take on everything, hope he experiments a lot.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Are there any events that Dan and/or Drew are going to be attending this month? I sort of hoping that the stars align and
they take more than a week before the End fight, killing him the easy way
though I imagine Dan and Jason will prevent that from happening.

bboymaestro

Neo Member
Are there any events that Dan and/or Drew are going to be attending this month? I sort of hoping that the stars align and

Both of them will be at PAX South with Jeff, Alex and possibly Rorie!

Dan and Drew are both going to PAX South. I don't think there's any way that Dan/Jason let Drew get into a situation where
The End dies of old age.

The variety of ways you can tackle situations is one of my favorite things about MGS3. I can't wait to see Drew's take on everything, hope he experiments a lot.

I don't want Dan to tell him everything up front, but he should make it clear that it is possible to interact with the environment to trigger permanent changes later.

I hope Drew goes full CQC throat slicing mode and then
has a comically long Sorrow fight.

The first time I played the game, I killed everyone I saw. And when I got to that boss, I did not know that you had to take the pill on the gameover screen to progress. So I ended up getting to the end of the river multiple times and dying over and over again without knowing what the hell it was that I had to do. I eventually got it, along with The Spirit's camo, which is the best in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom