• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff hired Cara, and she will be starting the Yakuza Full Series Endurance Run next week with Vinny.

rs_500x252-140110105516-tumblr_inline_myodnpJE3a1r3zat8.gif

BanGy.nz

Banned
Jeff hired Cara, and she will be starting the Yakuza Full Series Endurance Run next week with Vinny.

When this doesn't happen and I'm sad about it you're going to get a very long rambling PM from me. It'll include many references to the current state of the WWE, The Smiths and the ancient ones who slumber in the earths core.

PAX is this month? they're really trying their best to Activision/Ubisoft that into the ground aren't they?

Myggen

When this doesn't happen and I'm sad about it you're going to get a very long rambling PM from me. It'll include many references to the current state of the WWE, The Smiths and the ancient ones who slumber in the earths core.

PAX is this month? they're really trying their best to Activision/Ubisoft that into the ground aren't they?

It'll be interesting to see if there's room for another PAX. It didn't sell out very quickly IIRC, and at least the GB guys have said that they've heard that there's not much enthusiasm among devs for another PAX.

Anjin M

I have a theory on the awful MMO-esque quest design of DA:I. Two years prior to launch was around the time The Old Republic really tanked and went F2P - what are the odds a bunch of devs from that were moved over to create quest content with no real mandate on how their approach should change? For all the story hype in TOR, a lot of the quest design was blander than WoW's.

DA2 got lambasted for its own content issues. I think BioWare way over corrected and ended up filling the spaces in the only way they could with the time and money they had available.

daydream

Banned
I think I'm at a point now where I would prefer a regular week of content over PAX drought without hesitation. I know the PAX stuff is a great way for them to interact with fans but a) people from other continents are excluded from all that and b) they already attend two PAXs every year. Hoping Jeff will do the right thing here.

ultron87

It'll be interesting to see if there's room for another PAX. It didn't sell out very quickly IIRC, and at least the GB guys have said that they've heard that there's not much enthusiasm among devs for another PAX.

I support more PAXes since, for me, the main show floor is the least interesting part. It doesn't really matter that the big companies might not have that much to show. I'm not going to wait 3 hours to play a 20 minute demo anyway. I'm there for the community and side activities and concerts and stuff. The only games I really need to show up are the interesting indie stuff, which I figure there will always be some amount of.

I think I'm at a point now where I would prefer a regular week of content over PAX drought without hesitation. I know the PAX stuff is a great way for them to interact with fans but a) people from other continents are excluded from all that and b) they already attend two PAXs every year. Hoping Jeff will do the right thing here.

Rudds got your back

Brad is going to stream Destiny all day everyday while everyone else is at PAX.

Myggen

Well, they're going, so if that's not your definition of the right thing...

I have no doubt that they're going to the two other PAX events too, this is probably to check out South and see if that's something they want to do going forward.

I can understand that Jeff wants to interact with fans of the site (and respect him for it) but it seems like the PAX drought almost comes after a good rhythm/output of content. At least we can hope that Jason/Brad pump out a couple QLs while the rest of the office is out for PAX South.

Zaph

I can understand that Jeff wants to interact with fans of the site (and respect him for it) but it seems like the PAX drought almost comes after a good rhythm/output of content. At least we can hope that Jason/Brad pump out a couple QLs while the rest of the office is out for PAX South.

Isn't that kinda the point for the NY studio? When the SF guys go to events, NY can keep churning out content, as I assume Vinny can't attend them all.

Guess we'll see.

daydream

Banned
Well, they're going, so if that's not your definition of the right thing...

I have no doubt that they're going to the two other PAX events too, this is probably to check out South and see if that's something they want to do going forward.

Well, like I was implying, the right thing would be to not do more than two, imo. (And I wouldn't mind seeing that number reduced to one or zero but that's not happening, obviously).

Although I could see myself coming to terms with it if the people not going to the show take care of content during those weeks (e.g. Beast putting out regular content while GB West is at PAX).

Isn't that kinda the point for the NY studio? When the SF guys go to events, NY can keep churning out content, as I assume Vinny can't attend them all.

Guess we'll see.

Yeah, that would be ideal. We'll see. If Alex is attending the first one, we're probably not getting too much out of Beast. Even though we all know Vinny can be great solo.

Myggen

Haha, the salt is real.

Well, like I was implying, the right thing would be to not do more than two, imo. (And I wouldn't mind seeing that number reduced to one or zero but that's not happening, obviously).

Although I could see myself coming to terms with it if the people not going to the show take care of content during those weeks (e.g. Beast putting out regular content while GB West is at PAX).

That will have to wait for next year, because there no chance they're skipping either Prime or East. But I agree that three is too much, two is okay in my book. But for this year I have no problems with them checking out South.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom