• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my impressions from the pre-release stuff I tried I am shocked by the reception it got. And like I said the QL totally put me to sleep. That's how interesting the whole thing is to me. The humor is also still awful. Insomniac can do better.

Maybe im burnt out on open world games but it just felt like a chore to do anything in that game.

Oh god, don't remind of Vinny's terrible podcast editing. Hopefully he doesn't put obnoxious music and sound effects in again.

one of the best moments this year was that moment that vinny edited patrick to make him sound foolish because his prediction of something (i think it was that the xbone would soon be kinect-free) was so terribly wrong.

I still chuckle just thinking about the editing of that moment.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
It seems pretty obvious you need to shoot all those high score blocks and something will happen in raiders5.

Megasoum

Banned
While I love Vinny's podcasts in general I agree he went a bit too far on a couple of occasions with the music. It made it difficult to hear the person talking sometimes.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
one of the best moments this year was that moment that vinny edited patrick to make him sound foolish because his prediction of something (i think it was that the xbone would soon be kinect-free) was so terribly wrong.

I still chuckle just thinking about the editing of that moment.

I've been looking for this for like ten minutes and can't find it on Youtube. It was when they dropped the kinect requirement literally the day after Patrick said "It doesn't sound like anything is gonna change tomorrow" (listening again now, that part was probably cut from a different section like the rest of the segment), the 5/13/2014 Bombcast. But Youtube failed me.

Starts around 1:58 http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-05-13-2014/1600-869/

strafer

ebkyapmyipksx8y4ymkw.gif

Anjin M

If there's one thing I want to hear people talk about on a podcast it's network attached storage.

(I do quite enjoy their behind the scenes stuff)

Yeah, that actually would be awesome. I love hearing Vinny talking about that kind of stuff. Even when it's frustrating him, he makes it entertaining.

Oh god, don't remind of Vinny's terrible podcast editing. Hopefully he doesn't put obnoxious music and sound effects in again.

You had better with the immunity challenge or we're voting you off the island tonight.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I love Vinny's musical interludes, you guys are crazy

Haunted

welp, I mean we already knew this, but that new Warframe QL really drives home what a joke Brad putting Destiny on GB's top 10 list really is. :lol

Very impressed by how that game has changed and progressed from the last time I've seen it (a year ago?). Re-installing it now on Steam.

LiK

Man, going back to the 2013 podcasts is great. Turns out I skipped a bunch of discussions for games I didn't play or finish at the time. It's like a new Bombcast!

From my impressions from the pre-release stuff I tried I am shocked by the reception it got. And like I said the QL totally put me to sleep. That's how interesting the whole thing is to me. The humor is also still awful. Insomniac can do better.

I think it would have helped if Brad actually focused on the game to complete the tasks (it took him a stupid long time to figure out he needed to actually move around a bit to shoot the egg clusters) and not whatever the fuck they were talking about.

I think it would have helped if Brad actually focused on the game to complete the tasks (it took him a stupid long time to figure out he needed to actually move around a bit to shoot the egg clusters) and not whatever the fuck they were talking about.

I don't know i would rather listen to balls

sikkinixx

Man, going back to the 2013 podcasts is great. Turns out I skipped a bunch of discussions for games I didn't play or finish at the time. It's like a new Bombcast!

Agreed. I did the same a few months back and really enjoyed the episodes. I don't listen to Ryan ones anymore though because it makes me really bummed.

It seems pretty obvious you need to shoot all those high score blocks and something will happen in raiders5.

Yeah seeing that was weird. You'd think Jeff wouldn't have problems figuring out that if the only thing you can do is shooting blocks and shooting blocks increases your score then maybe shooting blocks is what you're supposed to do. Those Japanese video games sure are crazy!

I've been trying to find a good 'best of bombcast' for 2013 and 14. I almost never listen to them when they come out. I'm only able to find best of's through 2011

Does anyone in here care about Paul Barnett ever since he pulled that bullshit though (also with EA Mythic shutting down)

He kinda dug his own grave when he did the dance of a lifetime for that awful Dungeon Keeper game. If i remember correctly, he compared the current f2p games climate (in which DK sit in and is one of the worst examples of a f2p game) to the advent of the television.

It was hard to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom