• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

Same, been avoiding all eps in the Ryan era. Hard to listen to. Maybe someday I'll be able to get back to them. Ryan always read my emails!

Aww... just tear that bandaid off real fast. I miss Ryan like crazy but I have so much fun listening to old podcasts, especially the ThisYear recaps. Just do it!

I want more giantbomb tshirts, who should I talk to about this? I ruined my Bombduders and wanted to buy a few more shirts. Where can I get that Ryckert shirt?

I am eagerly awaiting today's UPF to help in my recovery efforts after my surgery today. It's already looking great with that WWE interactive thing. The best medicine is that of laughter.

Zaph

In hospital for the weekend.

Any android apps that will let me watch upf live?

I haven't used Android in a long time, so not sure if this still works, but I used Photon Browser for similar stuff.

It converts (sever side) flash objects to streaming video. Not great for anything highly interactive, but worked perfect for video players. I think I remember needing to pay a few quid to unlock some feature though.

Chrome?

It works on iPad anyway
Pretty sure their video player uses some iOS specific container.

I'll try chrome if all else fails.

Anyone use Luchadeer? It seems Like GB video buddy but it might do live stuff as well? The description doesn't say if you can do premium live shows live.

Xeteh

Cara would be the most perfect addition... don't make me get my hopes up!

It isn't likely to be her just off of logistics. So I wouldn't hold your breath.

A Link to the Past speedrun or UPF...

UPF it is!

Man, I'm burnt out on 2D Zelda, Megaman and Metroid speedruns (except for Super Metroid)... I feel like they're all super similar and we see them every GDQ. I know people love'm though.

tchocky

Jeff on hiring Dan http://blog.jeffgerstmann.net/post/107633838741/did-dan-go-thru-the-same-routine-hiring-process-or

This is a huge corporation with background checks and all kinds of other stuff that every single person who gets hired has to clear. While I was fairly certain that he’d apply for the job and thought his past work would probably make him a good fit, there are a number of things that could derail that process. So I looked over a lot of resumes and talked to our recruiting team a lot over that position, just as I’m doing with the one we currently have open. The only “behind the scenes” move I can really make at that part of the process is to tell the recruiter “this person has a resume that looks solid, you should have a chat with them.”

By comparison, hiring Patrick was way easier, because at a smaller company the conversation was more about “can we afford a new hire and what does this person add to the site?” than about “is this person a convicted felon?”

Guys....

This was on TV in Montreal earlier... "Recreating" the scene from Paris today...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152940083984463

don't take this the wrong way, but I swear Quebec is basically Texas of the north.

UPF it is!

I find LttP speedruns really boring personally. I love the game but.. eh.

popo

If Dan can make it through, is there really any point to backgound checks?

HR like to call it background checks so it sounds all important and scares any applicants straight - in reality it is run the name through a couple of databases to make sure they are not a convicted felon and google their name to make sure they have not done anything really silly like bad mouth the last major corporation they applied to (oops, sorry Mattie and friends).

roytheone

I am ready for metal gear scanlon 3:

Ks1kZ01h.jpg

I think I did pretty alright for my first time, especially considering how much I sucked at mgs 2 (40 deaths).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom