• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Agreed. I did the same a few months back and really enjoyed the episodes. I don't listen to Ryan ones anymore though because it makes me really bummed.

Same, been avoiding all eps in the Ryan era. Hard to listen to. Maybe someday I'll be able to get back to them. Ryan always read my emails!

Zaph

He kinda dug his own grave when he did the dance of a lifetime for that awful Dungeon Keeper game. If i remember correctly, he compared the current f2p games climate (in which DK sit in and is one of the worst examples of a f2p game) to the advent of the television.

It was hard to watch

Yup. Was amusing watching Rami politely school him while continuing to dig a deeper grave.

9KcIb27.png

Love Rorie

RIP Kleptok

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
davidscottjaffe ‏@davidscottjaffe 16s16 seconds ago
.@cmdluke I really really disliked every GiantBomb cast I've heard but given how little they seem to care about the work we do,seems fair:).

shots fired?

What video/podcast was that Paul Barnett DK-smackdown from?

THIS ONE'S FOR YOU, PATRICK.... even though I'd do it either way.

.@cmdluke I really really disliked every GiantBomb cast I've heard but given how little they seem to care about the work we do,seems fair:).

shots fired?

The Giant Bomb Podcast didn't last very long, only an episode or two. The Giant Bombcast is where it's at.

That said, Arrow Pointing Down's my favourite.

AcridMeat

Banned

shots fired?
Didn't he just tweet recently that he loves the Giant Bomb crew?

tchocky

shots fired?

That was tweet two the full quote is

David "aint bitter at all" Jaffe said:
Yeah I love Podcast Beyond- one of my faves. They joke but it doesn't feel forced or unfunny at all. On the other hand I really really disliked every GiantBomb cast I've heard but given how little they seem to care about the work we do,seems fair:).

shots fired?

Hasn't he like, been on mutiple episodes of the E3 bombcasts?

popo

Feels weird knowing that Pat was more than likely sitting on these stories until he moved to Kotaku.

I doubt it. Maybe the idea but not the work. Besides, who cares. A story like that would have generated next to no traffic for GB. Much better suited to Kotaku.

shots fired?

Jaffe has being trying to provoke a response for a month now. Nobody is biting. Sad really.

It seems clear that some people do.

Nobody important.

Zaph

Jaffe has being trying to provoke a response for a month now. Nobody is biting. Sad really.

Yeah, he seems to do this to try and get the editor to make a story/invite him to talk or give a rebuttal - like he did with Kotaku/Totilo. But he should know Jeff doesn't give a fuck.

Kinda sad to watch, I've enjoyed his youtube rants and appearances on the E3 Bombcasts.

popo

no, but he's probably got more on the line this time than last so i imagine he's more invested in people's reactions due to that.

Also he gets to single out a target with this one. Everyone was shitting on Twisted Metal.

How come Kotaku gets a pass when their new hire basically called him a sad old man :D

Yeah, he seems to do this to try and get the editor to make a story/invite him to talk or give a rebuttal - like he did with Kotaku/Totilo. But he should know Jeff doesn't give a fuck.

Kinda sad to watch, I've enjoyed his youtube rants and appearances on the E3 Bombcasts.

He has been doing it for years. I remember a hostile interview he did for 1up, must have been 7 years or so ago, that lead to an article asking why Jaffe hated 1up and a follow up interview about how they had made up. Free publicity.

GiantBomb got a shout out on the Warframe devstream for doing another QL on the game. There are also a ton of people on the PC version Clan all of a sudden.

I kinda hope Jeff's new experience with Warframe means he'll take another look at Planetside 2 either on the PC or when the beta hits the PS4 in a couple weeks. Its been far and away the game I played the most in the past two years and its only gotten better since release.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Is Warframe still technically in beta? Last I played was waaay back in the closed beta, months before it was on Steam. I just logged in for the first time in a while and it gave me a beta EULA. Is it just that long since I played that it got confused or is this still considered beta?

Also, yes, I'm one of the people reinstalling this game because of Jeff's tepid approval. I was just blown away by the fact that you aren't in the spaceship/warehouse area any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom