• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
my Irish coworker asked if I knew what hurling was, and I said "it's basically lacrosse for psychopaths, right?" and he gave me a dirty look

I'm not wrong, right?

Ha, no. Motown Philly.

tumblr_m4ftgzIurj1qaejs0o1_400.gif

Since I'm up to date on GB stuff, I decided to start working my way through a bunch of Gamespot videos I've had down to watch. Holy shit is the video player there crap, no matter what setting I have it on it stops all the time. Super annoying.

Myggen

Since I'm up to date on GB stuff, I decided to start working my way through a bunch of Gamespot videos I've had down to watch. Holy shit is the video player there crap, no matter what setting I have it on it stops all the time. Super annoying.

Yeah, long live the HTML5 player on GB. Most of the GS videos run at like 15 fps for me.

Volotaire

Got banned in our primary school when I entered year 4. Caused one too many nose bleeds.

Sad day. Pour one out.

I remember when health and safety rules were getting too regulative in primary schools i.e. banning any type of hardball in favour of those really soft footballs, etc. at playtime.

Zaph

I remember when health and safety rules were getting too regulative in primary schools i.e. banning any type of hardball in favour of those really soft footballs, etc. at playtime.
Oh yeah. I distinctly remember our weekly woodworking class ending and all our cricket equipment was replaced with foam bats and balls.

That's...not cricket.

Yeah, long live the HTML5 player on GB. Most of the GS videos run at like 15 fps for me.

I occasionally have issues with GBs too but it's no where near as bad as it once was (GS seems to be similar to what GB was for me a while back).

I just remembered Gamespot upload most of their stuff to YouTube, so the day is saved!

Mike.83

all this talk about rounders, makes me think how nobody's made a game about the best playground game...British Bulldogs

It could be in a double game feature with Red Rover. In fact they could all be part of some primary school playground game collection.

Bulldog was shockingly banned in the school I work at, thankfully the kids in my class are smart and simply renamed it and carried on. I was so proud and kept quiet about it. :D

Myggen

I occasionally have issues with GBs too but it's no where near as bad as it once was (GS seems to be similar to what GB was for me a while back).

I just remembered Gamespot upload most of their stuff to YouTube, so the day is saved!

Make sure to not look at the comments. For some reason I looked at the comments under the trailer of the new game from the Remember Me developers on GS' YT channel. Wasn't a good idea.

popo

I used to love Pirates, where you can't touch the floor but there is a load of gym equipment to climb on. Got banned after a kid in another class fell and knocked both of his front teeth out.

Make sure to not look at the comments. For some reason I looked at the comments under the trailer of the new game from the Remember Me developers on GS' YT channel. Wasn't a good idea.

I have comments completely disabled from YouTube so I can't even see them if I wanted to, it's very freeing.

i think Daniel Ryckert should take advantage of the Unlimited Anime™ provided by the fine folks at Crunchyroll™ in order to watch a fine Japanimation by the name of "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure," which, incidentally, has just entered a new season

i believe Daniel Ryckert would enjoy "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure" very much, and wholeheartedly suggest he begin watching it, and then share his opinions via social media websites such as Twitter, or on more longform formats such as the "Giant Bombcast"

i think Daniel Ryckert should take advantage of the Unlimited Anime™ provided by the fine folks at Crunchyroll™ in order to watch a fine Japanimation by the name of "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure," which, incidentally, has just entered a new season

i believe Daniel Ryckert would enjoy "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure" very much, and wholeheartedly suggest he begin watching it, and then share his opinions via social media websites such as Twitter, or on more longform formats such as the "Giant Bombcast"

he'd be so confused

but there are definite parallels there for someone who enjoys some sports entertainment

I named all of my amiibo after stands. This is not relevant to anything, but I've been dying to share this information with people who know what all those words mean.

What should I call the Luigi I bought in yet another moment of personal failure?

I was thinking The World because of his final smash, but they changed it to a dumb vacuum.

help

Should we assume Jeff has final say in the hiring decision? Like, if he wanted Cara but higher-ups were bitching about the difficulty of it re: visa stuff would it not matter since his word is law?

Should we assume Jeff has final say in the hiring decision? Like, if he wanted Cara but higher-ups were bitching about the difficulty of it re: visa stuff would it not matter since his word is law?

That would not be a safe assumption to make. I'd think the opposite is more likely to be true, with Jeff not having the ability to override HR.

Zaph

He could probably put his foot down, but it'd put GB in a tight spot. She could write and Skype from the UK while awaiting a visa, but that could be 6 months, a year, or never. And if immigration says no, then what? Let her go just as she's settled in? If not, they're stuck 'wasting' a full time position on someone on the other side of the world.

Jeff seems to be taking a much more active role in the growth of the site, talking about justifing expansion and budget to higher ups with traffic numbers etc. I don't think he's going to take the gamble and accept being understaffed for so long.

It sucks, but she ain't getting hired.

hamchan

By the very definition of higher-ups being higher position than Jeff, the answer is no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom