• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86xJgR2lHMo

0095_ygr6d.gif

We don't know when Metal Gear Scanlon 3 is starting do we?

I don't believe we do. We were just informed that he needed a break after that last one, but Dan seems eager to get back in the fray.

Judging by Dan's comment on HALO jumps in the last UPF, I'm hoping we'll see an episode tomorrow.

Maybe another Just A Bonus because both Dan and Drew are going to PAX South at the end of the month.

Hey, I'm going to that!

mgs cancelled and will be replaced by breaking beard dmc 2

the only thing dmc2 came even close to breaking was the dmc franchise. Dude should just skip to 3, but that's if he ever intends on doing premium content anymore. Seems that the inclination for him to do that kinda went away when vinny-senpai left to go be a family man.

tchocky

The idea is not necessarly to save you a click per say but more about helping you avoid the click bait bullshit.

I think most of these are not clickbait they tell you what the article is about they are not misleading or holding information back.

Have a gander at Souls-y 2D stab-o-platformer Salt & Sanctuary
Persona Q is a cute and exceptionally enjoyable RPG that amplifies the series' humor.
Here's some concept art for the canceled BioShock movie.
Greg Miller quits IGN for new venture

That account seems more along the lines of we don't like Polygon, Kotaku etc and want you to visit other sites instead.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
When they run out of metal gear games, drew then plays every zelda game.

When they run out of metal gear games, drew then plays every zelda game.

I hope Jeff and/or Brad are in the next crazy Premium Endurance-Run-by-any-other-name.

Not sure either of them are too keen on long running premium stuff anymore though.

Edit: Scratch that, we need a Vinny/Alex playthrough of Illbleed or something. If I can watch them play a Sherlock Holmes game for 1h45mins I can watch anything.

Patryn

I hope Jeff and/or Brad are in the next crazy Premium Endurance-Run-by-any-other-name.

Not sure either of them are too keen on long running premium stuff anymore though.

Edit: Scratch that, we need a Vinny/Alex playthrough of Illbleed or something. If I can watch them play a Sherlock Holmes game for 1h45mins I can watch anything.

I suspect that any long-running premium feature will have Dan in it, at least from the SF office. He seems to be the one with the most enthusiasm towards them.

I would like to see Brad and Jeff in more premium features, though.

Given Vinny's article, it sounds like they're doing an assessment of the content they produced last year with an eye for what they want this year. I'll be curious if the data tells them to make a few more premium features (or revive some dormant ones like Breaking Brad).

Brad seems like he'd still be into doing a definitelynotanendurancerun premium series, he just needs to find the right game

it also seems inevitable that the pairing would end up being Brad/Dan which might be scaring him off

Fjordson

What is going to happen to this thread when Metal Gear Scanlon runs out of Metal Gear games?
Tackle another series! Maybe something Dan hasn't played before and have him take the reins.

Honestly, endurance runs have always been my favourite type of content on GB. MGS Scanlon is what made me become a premium member for the first time in almost two years. Hopefully Dan and Drew can keep that going, since I feel like Jeff has said before that he doesn't like doing ER's. Or that it's tough for him to fit it in his schedule? Something like that.

popo

Jeff has the most meetings. I think Brad took over from Ryan as publisher relations (re: reading and reply to email) and edits the podcast.

Makes a lot of sense that Dan and Drew are the ones with the most time for premium. Similar to how Vinny participated in most of the premium features before moving.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Hey duders, any chance one of you could do me a favour? I was wondering if the Bombcast has, over the whole time it's been running, had four additions and four people leave? I know probably nobody has kept track of this, but I'm trying to get the four most recent additional regulars, and the four most recent removed regulars. So like the most recent transfer would be Dan in; Patrick out I assume?

Many thanks to anyone who can remember this for me :)

Just finished reading Sphere and i'm catching up to the podcast. It's been great, and Mary's theory is pretty damn solid.
I just thought that Beth had manifested someone that looked just like her in the ship, too, along with stuff in the galley of the ship since she was starving. She ate like 11 of those food bars, and diet coke makes total sense for her to manifest given how she was fit as fuck and probably watching what she ate, meaning she probably had an affinity for the drink. so the idea that it had been cyclical thing hadn't occurred to me because Beth had shown to willingly use her gift as soon as she got it.

but yeah, homeboy Chris Waters brah you gotta read at a slower clip or not be as distracted because it seemed like he missed some key things reading the book. Duder, it's better to read the thing slowly once and have it sink in that to quickly read it and have important details fly right by you.

Fjordson

Hey duders, any chance one of you could do me a favour? I was wondering if the Bombcast has, over the whole time it's been running, had four additions and four people leave? I know probably nobody has kept track of this, but I'm trying to get the four most recent additional regulars, and the four most recent removed regulars. So like the most recent transfer would be Dan in; Patrick out I assume?

Many thanks to anyone who can remember this for me :)
I''m probably misunderstanding your question, but Vinny would actually be the most recent departure from the podcast, no?

Departures all time off the top of my head: Ryan, Patrick, Vinny. Additions: Dan, Drew, Patrick. Maybe Rorie and Jason A-striker as additions also? Though not sure if they count as regulars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom