• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading Patrick's stuff has me visiting Kotaku more. It isn't as bad as I remembered, but all the featured stories from other Gawker sites that appear in the sidebars are terrrrrrrrrrible.

I will never get over their layout change. Their old layout was so so minimalist, simple and to the point just like GAF and Reddit, then that crappy web 2.0 bullshit came along with autoloading and all those fancy plugins running which can can go fuck itself (as it often does anyway).

Anjin M

I would like them to finish up Metal Gear Scanlon just so that we can start talking about something new here.

Like who they are hiring for the news position.

popo

I don't think you are going to be surprised by an episode of MGS - Dan seems committed to tweeting stuff like that.

whats with this content-less mondays.

canceling m sub.

12-18 months ago all Mondays were like this. GBeast needs to step up eventually.

Cranzor

Giant Bomb Dream Update 1/12/15

Last night, I had a dream in which I was listening to a Bombcast. I can only assume it was some sort of game of the forever kind of podcast. Dan was arguing for the inclusion of Ocarina of Time on the list. Jeff and Brad were very much against it. The only criticism I can remember is Brad saying the game is too narrative-focused for how simple its story actually is. There were more reasons for not wanting it on the last but I can't remember.

Check out Giant Bomb dot com next week for my new Giant Bomb Dream Update column, in which I discuss the whacky and wild exploits the crew gets up to in my unconscious mind.

Giant Bomb Dream Update 1/12/15

Last night, I had a dream in which I was listening to a Bombcast. I can only assume it was some sort of game of the forever kind of podcast. Dan was arguing for the inclusion of Ocarina of Time on the list. Jeff and Brad were very much against it. The only criticism I can remember is Brad saying the game is too narrative-focused for how simple its story actually is. There were more reasons for not wanting it on the last but I can't remember.

Check out Giant Bomb dot com next week for my new Giant Bomb Dream Update column, in which I discuss the whacky and wild exploits the crew gets up to in my unconscious mind.

what were they wearing

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
We need Mario Party party 3 before we can move on to MGS3.

Quick preamble:
I used to post to http://vinnybomb.com a quote from Vinny every podcast, and then I stopped, and then I began to dislike the site, and then Vinny left, and now I more strongly dislike the site and especially the community, and now it is dormant. Does anyone want the domain who will continue to update it? This would be the criteria:

1: One Vinny quote per piece of GB content.

2: This is something I never did, but have each quote hotlink to the podcast or Quick Look episode wherein the quote was spoken.

3: Maintain the outdated "geocities" look of Vinnybomb. Nothing fancy.

Anyway, you all have 3 months before it renews. If anyone wants the domain, PM me to let me know and we can work on a transfer of it. I'll be busy so expect a reply in a while.

Falifax

Somehow I was able to download the live all e-mail bombcast stream despite the new archive system Twitch recently implemented. I'll try to upload it to the unarchived channel today or sometime tomorrow.

Luke_Wal

Ever since I saw someone call Greg Miller's new venture Kinda Funny as "Giant Bomb for millennials" in a thread announcing their departure, it got me curious: how many of you guys follow both? Personally, I've been a Greg and Colin fan since Beyond, and I think a lot of what they do on Kinda Funny is, well, pretty funny, but I definitely understand why it isn't for some people. Anybody else with me on this one?

Ever since I saw someone call Greg Miller's new venture Kinda Funny as "Giant Bomb for millennials" in a thread announcing their departure, it got me curious: how many of you guys follow both? Personally, I've been a Greg and Colin fan since Beyond, and I think a lot of what they do on Kinda Funny is, well, pretty funny, but I definitely understand why it isn't for some people. Anybody else with me on this one?

What is this supposed to mean? Giant Bomb's audience has got be like 99 percent millenial.

If we're discussing dreams, last night I had a dream that a frequenter of this thread invited me over to their house to blow up a bunch of illegal fireworks. It was never clear exactly who it was though.

Anjin M

Somehow I was able to download the live all e-mail bombcast stream despite the new archive system Twitch recently implemented. I'll try to upload it to the unarchived channel today or sometime tomorrow.
You are a hero. Virtual high five, my new best friend!

I will never get over their layout change. Their old layout was so so minimalist, simple and to the point just like GAF and Reddit, then that crappy web 2.0 bullshit came along with autoloading and all those fancy plugins running which can can go fuck itself (as it often does anyway).

Kotaku's pretty good content-wise nowadays, especially now that Owen Good isn't there. That man is the absolute worst.

Dany

Banned
If we're discussing dreams, last night I had a dream that a frequenter of this thread invited me over to their house to blow up a bunch of illegal fireworks. It was never clear exactly who it was though.

My reading comprehension...could use some work.

Anyone happen to know which UPF it was that Jeff controlled the telecaster and it went into minutes of absolute trippy nonsense? I think it may have just been Brad and Jeff on the couch.

I cannot sanction Greg Miller's buffoonery.

I think I was the one that said that. Mostly joking. They seem like good people, but they don't really do it for me comedy-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom