• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxR9ek176LQ

The guy's role playing as Jeff. Talks about Jeff's firing from GS back in the day as if he didn't explain it when they joined back with CBS then goes on to say all games journalists are on the take. It's really weird.

That's so weird. Why would he pick Gerstmann to make a point about reviews ? If there is someone whom you can trust to be independant when reviewing games, it's him, considering his past.

erawsd

Jeff has said multiple times before that one of the reasons he keeps doing reviews is that it brings traffic to the site that wouldn't visit otherwise, so he sees your point there. And they do bring a lot of traffic, at least they did the last time he spoke about it.

Yeah, he also mentioned that "some of the guys" (Alex and Brad?) still enjoy writing reviews from time to time.

erawsd

Man that Puyo Puyo Tetris game looks so good. I'm not willing to import but I have a serious itch to play some Tetris now. Also, Dan really kicked Greg's ass.

Sleeping Dogs: Nightmare at Northport: Giant Bomb Quick Look

sequence01_1ypk2x.gif

rivalchild

Neo Member
That's so weird. Why would he pick Gerstmann to make a point about reviews ? If there is someone whom you can trust to be independant when reviewing games, it's him, considering his past.
The whole video makes little sense. Why does he mention that you'd think Jeff would be Editor in chief of Gamespot considering, you know, he runs GB. It's really fucking weird and the comments section is filled with Gamergate crap too.

Haunted

It's almost as if the move to community has greatly reduced the amount of regular participants and led to less discussion overall.

shocking

For my money I would still rather play Sleeping Dogs than GTA V. I prefer the more responsive combat and driving, and even if GTA has the more detailed open world it still doesn't beat weaving through Hong Kong traffic on a motorcycle blaring cheesy Cantonese love songs while you consider slamming that civilian over there into a pay phone.

Yeah I really wish they would come off that Triad Wars bullshit and make an actual sequel to Sleeping Dogs, as great as the first one is, I think a second on would be more refined and something really special.

AcridMeat

Banned
That poll allows you to vote for multiple characters, but I only needed one: Skullomania.
Did my part. Seeing Skullomania would be awesome.
I really really need to reinstall that game. Was my favorite game that year, and I agree I'd rather play it than GTA5. The only game where I actually did everything/collected everything.

edit: Oh and the only game I bought story DLC for.
YES. Give me a coffee mug with Drews face on it.
I like how it took him drinking some coffee to have the epiphany. Solid merchandise opportunity. Flight Club would be a nice throwback, or the VinnCo design.

Anjin M

I'm glad the Giant Bomb still published written reviews. I like that they have to gather their thoughts into a coherent piece as opposed to throwing out opinions over the course of a quick look/bombcast/livestream/etc. Plus, they're still pretty good writers, and I like to read.

Megasoum

Banned
Dan, if you want an easy way to remember which symbol is the male and which one is the female. The male one is the one that looks like an erection...

daydream

Banned
I'm glad the Giant Bomb still published written reviews. I like that they have to gather their thoughts into a coherent piece as opposed to throwing out opinions over the course of a quick look/bombcast/livestream/etc. Plus, they're still pretty good writers, and I like to read.

Unpopular(?) opinion but I find their thoughts to be much more interestingly articulated in an oral format than in their written reviews (which always struck me as a bit generic, basically going down a list and checking off bullet points in a way that, I dunno, gaming magazines and I guess websites did reviews in '05). Wish they'd go a more open, essayistic route with them. Mostly looking at Alex for that.

Unpopular(?) opinion but I find their thoughts to be much more interestingly articulated in an oral format than in their written reviews (which always struck me as a bit generic, basically going down a list and checking off bullet points in a way that, I dunno, gaming magazines and I guess websites did reviews in '05). Wish they'd go a more open, essayistic route with them. Mostly looking at Alex for that.

Bring back video reviews

Patryn

Next week is PAX South so they are preparing. The week after PAX South they are recovering and then it'll be time to start preparing for GDC/E3/PAX Prime/PAX East.

That's how it works.

Don't forget GOTY.

Guess we're not getting much content this year. Better luck next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom