• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
daydreaming will not be awake to post the bombcast thread i bet

That horror game looks so bad. Random poor audio quality grunting during a loading screen is supposed to be scary? The game ends up feeling like it's throwing random audio clips out there in hopes one of them ends up being scary. Dan and Drew are a great combo for it.

5mPJyFv.gif
Fiiish!
5mPJyFv.gif

Recreating an animated dance from a Puyo Puyo SNES game frame-by-frame was easier than I thought.

i like that there's an "easy spin dispute" section on wikipedia's tetris page, where the sole cited sources of criticism are a review from ryan (where he thought it was a bug) and a review from jeff

then there's a cited interview with henk rogers with nintendoworldreport (they were planet gamecube back then) where he says that infinite spin is fine for modern tetris and also namedrops tetris battle gaiden as an example of "impure" tetris being fine too

Brakke

Banned
Dug out my 360 tonight to play Super Puzzle Fighter II with a bud. I like that game a lot but really didn't scratch that puyo puyitch.

Myggen

That "jump to post" link doesn't even make any sense.

Heh yeah, but it's obvious that it's referring to a link to Patrick's Q&A.

People should obviously not post every Kotaku article he does in here, but I expect to see a lot of stuff from his YT channel posted in this thread.

Brakke

Banned
Patrick is GB because GB is in my heart and also so is Patrick. Forever and always. Deal with it.

Plus, there's no Kotaku |OT|.

Xater

I know we're all in love and pretty angry that we can't buy Puyo Puyo Tetris digitally on the PS4 and XboxOne...

but you can buy it digitally on the PS3 and Vita. You technically can on the WiiU and 3DS too, but changing regions on those is a pain in the ass.

wcGcxcX.jpg

Fake edit: sorry for the skewed picture, but the PS3 and Vita price are the same.

At this price I rather get a physical copy.

My PS4 copy is ordered from somewhere where it is in stock, but I will only feel save once I get my shipping notification.

Myggen

sadly I kind of approve of the existence of these shitty pseudo-horror games just because Dan and Drew make them so funny to watch.

Those kind of games and the blatant ripoffs on Steam kinda makes me side with Jim Sterling's view that Valve should be stricter with what they let into Steam.

Anyways, have to say that this week's Bombcast was really great.

Xater

Those kind of games and the blatant ripoffs on Steam kinda makes me side with Jim Sterling's view that Valve should be stricter with what they let into Steam.

Yup, I am absolutely with Jim on this.

Still Dan & Drew is now my favorite team to cover shitty horror games.

we already went through the strict phase and everyone complained to high heaven

this way anyone can buy whatever they want and you can ignore what you don't like

there is no magical valve is just strict enough to prevent x, y, and z but not a, b, and c reality

Xater

we already went through the strict phase and everyone complained to high heaven

this way anyone can buy whatever they want and you can ignore what you don't like

there is no magical valve is just strict enough to prevent x, y, and z but not a, b, and c reality

There are definitely things Valve can do to limit the amount of shit. One thing would be to forbid devs to hand out free copies of the game for Greenlight voters.

Jeff is the real anime editor of GB. Bring on more import games in the site and bombcast!

There really isn't much worth importing these days. I alway was a frequent importer and the last game I imported before Puyo Puyo Tetris was Gundam vs Gundam.

Zaph

Eh whatever. Every medium will have its own thrash. Let the market decides what it really wants.

Yup. Open the flood gates, but just make sure obvious trademark infringements and stolen assets are shut down quickly. In theory devs should police that themselves, but most indies can't afford IP lawyers, so do em a solid and have a small team dedicated to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom