• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

komplanen

I don't think they should do puzzle games like Talos on Quick Looks.

Ten minutes of faffing about doesn't really lend to a good video.

Yeah puzzle games never make for good quicklooks. Especially if you already know the solutions - frustrating :)

I think you're forgetting they at least try to inform their audience on what games are out and what they are like. I know how you feel but QL's serve a purpose different from just "whatever as long as the crew makes me laugh"

Wunder

NEW RHYTHM TENGOKU FOR 3DS

I LOVE YOU GUYS

image.php

daydream

Banned
Oh man I hope they localise that new Rhythm Tengoku game. I fucking love the Rhythm Heaven games.

It's basically a compilation of 70 minigames from the first three games (with an updated look) and 30 new ones, from what we know so far. Fucking insane package.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
we call it rhythm paradise round these parts

I wonder why they did that

Myggen

Looks like Jeff/US Pipe/DJ Free iPads was wrong about the New 3DS not including a charger in the US

To be fair, going by history it was a pretty safe assumption that they wouldn't pull that shit in the US. Didn't the 3DS XL include an AC adapter in the US, but not in Europe or Japan? Seems like they've crunched the numbers and think they can get away with it in NA too now. It's ridiculous.

tchocky

So I just received two e-mails from Nintendo with 8 Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo codes (I presume I was only supposed to receive 4 codes) I don't have access to my 3ds right now and don't really care about the game that much so here are all 8 codes if anyone wants them. Codes are for EU/UK.

A0776QN00BE8DSX6
A076SDWE2GF91YY3
A076U6FN110H8M3H
A076VVVW33SESNRA

A0778TDD1X08TVT5
A076M72F1DVS95A1
A076N81L07NKVA13
A076Y90R2WH2QFKW

Myggen

In North America? It was in bargain bins pretty soon after launch.

Well, you'd probably know better than me since you're a big fan.

If it sold well in Europe they'd probably still localise it in English to bring it over, so not too much of a job bringing it to the US from there. But yeah, I remember it selling decently on the DS in the US.

daydream

Banned
In North America? It was in bargain bins pretty soon after launch.

Well, you'd probably know better than me since you're a big fan.

It took off even faster after the price slash, afaik, and it was definitely bigger in Europe than in the US. In any case, the overall sales were more than satisfactory.

You're right about the Wii version, though, unfortunately.

If it sold well in Europe they'd probably still localise it in English to bring it over, so not too much of a job bringing it to the US from there. But yeah, I remember it selling decently on the DS in the US.

As we've seen today, just because something came out in Europe doesn't mean it's coming to North America. Because fuck.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So I just received two e-mails from Nintendo with 8 Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate demo codes (I presume I was only supposed to receive 4 codes) I don't have access to my 3ds right now and don't really care about the game that much so here are all 8 codes if anyone wants them.

A0776QN00BE8DSX6
A076SDWE2GF91YY3
A076U6FN110H8M3H
A076VVVW33SESNRA

A0778TDD1X08TVT5
A076M72F1DVS95A1
A076N81L07NKVA13
A076Y90R2WH2QFKW

They're all coming up as invalid to me.

Not americas, I guess?

Can't wait for Bombcast to discuss this. Bring me the sweet smell of disgust!

the only people who might care are Dan and maybe Brad.

I was bummed as hell when I found out that XL doesn't have faceplates.

you know, I was going to get one but I think I'll probably just buy a Japanese Old 3DS instead so I can play Rhythm Tengoku.

ps, fuck region locking.

Myggen

What's the reasoning Nintendo gives for still region locking their consoles? I can't imagine it being a huge hit on their finances if they let people import games. I know there's been some rumblings about them maybe changing for their next hardware, but I'll believe it when I see it.

The reasoning is Nintendo is fucking backwards and an incompetent hardware manufacturer. "Nintendo is stuck twenty years in the past" is the answer to most unanswerable questions about Nintendo.

Checks out, I guess.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
What's the reasoning Nintendo gives for still region locking their consoles? I can't imagine it being a huge hit on their finances if they let people import games. I know there's been some rumblings about them maybe changing for their next hardware, but I'll believe it when I see it.

The reasoning is Nintendo is fucking backwards and an incompetent hardware manufacturer. "Nintendo is stuck twenty years in the past" is the answer to most unanswerable questions about Nintendo.

Their excuse has something to do with currency exchange rates.

SmithnCo

I know that if I lived in Japan I'd want to import. Their prices are pretty high for 3DS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom