• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Gamespot get bought by Wired or something?

no, everyone's just shitting on some memo that wired sent out that included treasures like these:

When we take occupancy of the full floor, we’ll walk through the specifics. I think you’ll be delighted to see that we’ve engineered spaces that are designed to get messy, entire rooms for the implements of creative inspiration and expression. The common newsroom and community spaces are not those places.

We went to great expense to purchase elevated laptop stands and monitor arms for all desks. Please do customize the setup to optimize your workspace. I want you to be comfortable and productive — we work long hours — but know that the elevated platform is for your laptop, not your phone.

Megasoum

Banned
idov1Wn.png

PLEASE DONT BE BASEBALL
PLEASE DONT BE BASEBALL
PLEASE DONT BE BASEBALL
PLEASE DONT BE BASEBALL
PLEASE DONT BE BASEBALL

Huh. I'd actually really, really like that (it's my favorite sport!). Getting reactions from a new fan would be fun, especially one from another county still learning the game and its history. But, that concept is the last thing I would have expected. What made you think of it as a possibility?

Fixed that for you

Actually baseball would suck too lol

I would mind a football (soccer) one, but seeing as most of the major countries are half way through their seasons already, it would be a bit silly to jump in now. MLS starts in March, but I cannot see them choosing that to follow.

I have decided! They shall podcast about this...

uS13j5i.jpg

It fits well, and they are not forced to podcast weekly either.

UFC is getting big in Ireland now too - thanks to McGregor.

Danny has Tweeted some about UFC at times in tthe past

Dan (not Drew...) also seems to have more interest in UFC due to Punk these day

Dan/Danny UFC Podcast GO!

Egg0

Banned
Is CBSi Games just GS/GB? I wonder if it has anything to do with Dans' new premium thing. It could also be a new podcast for GS, trying to get some sweet sweet ad money.

is mp9 not turn based?

it's turn based, but all the players move together in a vehicle along a path towards an end point, and instead of buying stars with coins you just collect mini stars on the board and winning minigames, etc. and the one with the most at the end is the winner

Fjordson

I liked Boyhood, but thought Coltrane was pretty weak as the kid. Didn't like his performance.

Hopefully he isn't a gaffer.

jaina

Is CBSi Games just GS/GB? I wonder if it has anything to do with Dans' new premium thing. It could also be a new podcast for GS, trying to get some sweet sweet ad money.

GameFAQs, and I think ComicVine technically is under cbsi games too.

Tan

Dan and Danny's Dangerous Dares Podcast where they just record audio of themselves throwing up pepsi and bananas.

Myggen

Boyhood is the most overrated film in years in my view. The gimmick of filming it over a decade is cool, but it's a standard, mediocre film about growing up.

Boyhood is the most overrated film in years in my view. The gimmick of filming it over a decade is cool, but it's a standard, mediocre film about growing up.
The younger years were much better than the later years. There are gazillions of coming of age movies about teenagers and when it turned into another one of those it became less special.

Myggen

The younger years were much better than the later years. There are gazillions of coming of age movies about teenagers and when it turned into another one of those it became less special.

Yeah, I'll agree with that. Patricia Arquette was the highlight of that movie for me, her performance is absolutely worthy of an Oscar. But other than that I just thought the writing kinda sucked, which was my main problem. It felt like a movie about kids written by an adult who didn't quite remember how kids talks or behaves. I would be interested in seeing how much praise the movie would've gotten if you removed the "filmed over a decade" gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom