• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corgi

Banned
Eh it's not that bad.

Also gonna watch the full thing now. I remember the announcement of this thing from Amazon and thought it was the dumbest, most useless thing.

spoilers:

It's still dumb and useless lol. But I appreciate companies making this stuff instead of android phone/tablet #200.

popo

It's a tumblr that reviews knobs feel.

Drew submitted a review.

thx guys

don't really judge what people look like... but oh god what is up with Will Smith's... new look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lokN6d1GaK4

the hair and the beard clash in the weirdest way.

It's pretty fantastic.

Looks the same to me. All I see is a new hair cut. I doubt he dyes either his hair or his beard.

EDIT : actually it looks a lot like Adam Savages's haircut. lol.

Did Movember or whatever extend into 2015?

The whole thing is an excuse not to shave in winter for lazy men. Maybe I am just jealous because I can't grow a decent beard - not that it stops PAtrick or Jeff :D

Zaph

spoilers:

It's still dumb and useless lol. But I appreciate companies making this stuff instead of android phone/tablet #200.

Sounds like one of those products that would immediately get dismissed by a lot of people in the tech sphere because it's not really for them. Will made a point that his wife loves it - I imagine a lot of parents with young children would too. Having your hands constantly full, and trying to do a million things at once, I imagine being able to just shout things out like groceries (without fumbling for a phone and dropping it on a hard floor) could be handy.

And yeah, Will has always had an image problem he refuses to sort out. He tries to dress like Norm but it doesn't suit him (buscemi.gif).

popo

My favorite thing about the Echo was when John from 8-4 said something like "I ordered one of those new amazon things. I don't know why - I haven't even opened it". That and his ten 3DS and the money he drops on mobile games - I think him and Jeff are kindred spirits.

To relate the movie talk back to GB...Alex calls Birdman a bad movie. What?!

just gonna quote myself from the nominations thread

Birdman is a technical marvel that fell apart at the end for me. It became heavy handed in a way that was insulting to its audience. Which was too bad, because Keaton and Norton were both terrific in the film and didn't deserve for it to turn full turd in the last act.

not a bad movie, but not even close to being film of the year.

just gonna quote myself from the nominations thread

not a bad movie, but not even close to being film of the year.

I would actually completely agree with that. The heavy handedness of the similarities was a little much, but at the same time I'm not sure how else it could have been handled past a certain point.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Amazon echo became a lot more appealing to me when I found out that it's also a Bluetooth speaker.

A decent sounding Bluetooth speaker that can also double as a siri esque personal assistant that you can sync with your phone? Why not?

tchocky

Why aren't they keeping the PC they built like 2 months ago? lol

Oh big corporations...you so dumb

Vincent Caravella ‏@VinnyCaravella 8s8 seconds ago
For those wondering, this PC is for capture/streaming. It's not replacing the gaming one we built like two months ago.

Myggen

Completely off topic, but since we were talking about Alex and Birdman earlier, he tweeted this review by Scott Tobias.

Alejandro González Iñárritu is a pretentious fraud, but it’s taken some time to understand the precise nature of his fraudulence.

Quite a way to start a review!

strafer

That Halo 5 QuickLook wasnt all that exciting.

the load times seem really long.

gun sounds sounds nice

did they remove the iron sights after the outbreak it caused?

That Halo 5 QuickLook wasnt all that exciting.

the load times seem really long.

gun sounds sounds nice

did they remove the iron sights after the outbreak it caused?
1) Yeah, the load times in the beta are quite long, especially if you jump out to the main menu
2) No, iron sights is there, perhaps Drew didn't use it much? *I have not seen the quick look yet

Myggen

1) Yeah, the load times in the beta are quite long, especially if you jump out to the main menu
2) No, iron sights is there, perhaps Drew didn't use it much? *I have not seen the quick look yet

I think they just didn't use any of the weapons with iron sights. Not all weapons have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom