• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

It's most likely Dan and Danny since Dan said on the bombcast "I have a new premium series soon" he probably would have said Drew and I if Drew was involved.

Dan, Danny and Drew would be amazing.

But yeah, I imagine it's Danny and Dan. Between the Bombcast, all the premium content and that little job called being a producer, don't imagine Drew's too eager to commit to another podcast.

I was getting the impression that had something to do with him beating Tyson.

He tweeted this a while ago.

qClIJOI.png

I loved Birdman but I can totally see why Alex didn't like it. I adore everything it does technically but it's kinda a mess thematically.

Once he tweeted that review I could see where he came from more. I could see not liking it and thinking it pretentious. I didn't really agree, but I can definitely see it.

I hope it's food related.

I would think that would be something that would benefit greatly with less work being put into it before hand.

Yeah. As a sound engineer, Jason's cable video was hard to watch. That's what you do with rope.

The "standard" way is actually standard for a reason :p

I helped in production at a small editing suite and my wife interned at a VFX studio. It was the first thing we learned. It helps with prevents kinks and extends the life of the chords. Jason's way is cool for bungee cord or lower gauge cables.

Welcome to Giant Bomb.

Where we use Audacity to record our podcast in a ten thousand dollar + studio and wrap our cables like you wrap $10 headphones before tossing them in a pocket.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hahahaha oh man. I'm listening to NIN and the tempo picked up when it got to the camera where he gunned the guy down and chased after the girl. Damn psycho Ryckert!
I would listen to a Danny/Mary/Alexa/Peter podcast.
Seconded. That would be great!
Oh man this is so good, reminds me why I liked Rorie so much back in the old days.
Buy it people, I did after that UPF and it's great. Let's nail each other with big colored balls.

Patryn

I have more than one new premium thing planned, and that tweet is about a side project that I'm doing from home.

Can I just say, Dan, that I really appreciate your enthusiasm for doing all these premiums projects?

You've brought this great anarchic energy to the office.

Dan, Danny and Drew would be amazing.

But yeah, I imagine it's Danny and Dan. Between the Bombcast, all the premium content and that little job called being a producer, don't imagine Drew's too eager to commit to another podcast.

Danny, Dan, Drew, and Dmary

Seriously, I cannot understand how someone can write extensive guides even of games they love. It must require so much boring work.

There's a saying that goes something like "if you like something a lot and want to ruin your love for it, get a job in that field."

It doesn't hold true for everything, and that doesn't mean that working in a field that's unrelated to your interests is going to be a great time, but there's definitely some truth to that saying. I'm currently studying IT now, have always loved tinkering with computers and fixing my family's PCs and have been the de facto tech guy, but boy does reading a 2000 page book exploring every nook and cranny related to Windows get tedious fast.

daydream

Banned
Can I just say, Dan, that I really appreciate your enthusiasm for doing all these premiums projects?

You've brought this great anarchic energy to the office.

Seconded. I'd be significantly more worried about the Premium output if I didn't know Dan was on the case.

Maybe it'll be danny and jeff

edit:

I'm not complaining, but it certainly would be nice to have a better distribution of premium content among the staff for us to enjoy, rather than it all being dan stuff. Not that I don't want the stuff dan has brought or is planning, but I'd like to see more breaking brad for instance, or something completely new from the others.

For sure. Most people seem to just be happy with "more MGS", though. :/

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

edit:

I'm not complaining, but it certainly would be nice to have a better distribution of premium content among the staff for us to enjoy, rather than it all being dan stuff. Not that I don't want the stuff dan has brought or is planning, but I'd like to see more breaking brad for instance, or something completely new from the others.

Bacon

edit:

Hopefully Dan is roping in either Brad or Jeff for his next premium idea. I like Drew and Dan's chemistry but I'd love to see more stuff out of the other guys too.

komplanen

Still no news on MGScanlon and we've practically entered the zone where nothing gets done a week before and week after [insert event here] at GB.

I know I sound like a broken record but Metal Gear Scanlon is the best thing in the world after the Great Milenko and I just can't listen to it every day anymore.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
I'm probably driving everyone nuts with my constant "HEY WHEN CAN WE RECORD MGS3?" questions. I don't have a date or anything, but it's totally going to happen.

hamchan

I'm probably driving everyone nuts with my constant "HEY WHEN CAN WE RECORD MGS3?" questions. I don't have a date or anything, but it's totally going to happen.

So that's next week confirmed? Thanks Dan.

Seriously though take your time. New ideas for premium content to mix things up, rather than doing straight into MGS3 is something I think I prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom