• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjim89

Guys, WWE Immortals is the best fighting game I've ever played.

Then again I think fighting games are trash and this one is made better by having wrestlers and simple phone controls.

FStop7

Banned
I want Rorie and Alex to do another movie podcast if only to laugh hysterically at this year's particularly trashy list of Oscar nominees.

hamchan

WWE Immortals QL well that will be something. I have a feeling Jeff will hate it since it has that stamina crap and you can't play it for hours straight in an airport.

tchocky

No way, at least the HTML5 player is waaaaay superior. GT's player is beyond garbage.

It is but that is subscriber only which is strange. I only noticed this when the ps4 browser signed me out and I had to sign back in to watch the puyo puyo video.

Will M

I want Rorie and Alex to do another movie podcast if only to laugh hysterically at this year's particularly trashy list of Oscar nominees.

I wouldn't mind them hosting a google hangout while watching the Oscars.
Now all we need is for CBS to land the Oscars and get Alex and Matt on the red carpet.

Myggen

It is but that is subscriber only which is strange. I only noticed this when the ps4 browser signed me out and I had to sign back in to watch the puyo puyo video.

That's true. I never understood why they hide their best player behind a paywall; getting another player can't be much of a selling point for people.

Zaph

That's true. I never understood why they hide their best player behind a paywall; getting another player can't be much of a selling point for people.

Their ad network probably requires flash. One of the main reasons stalling HTML5 video adoption among the big players (and DRM obvs)

Anjin M

It is so weird watching people complain about the Oscars today. Especially since we just came off explaining that people should stop taking GOTY lists so seriously.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It is so weird watching people complain about the Oscars today. Especially since we just came off explaining that people should stop taking GOTY lists so seriously.

The Oscars are the closest thing to a reputable awards show that exists. Unlike with a Grammy or an Emmy, you can generally assume that an Oscar winner was at least competent to good at whatever category it was awarded(more often than not at least). People still get caught up in it as a result.

erawsd

Ahh.. I guess this is why I've never had an issue with GB's videoplayer. In fact, I really like it because of the automatic scaling with window size, which is something I appreciate since it means I can pin the player in the corner while doing something else. Never knew Subscribers had an exclusive video player.

tchocky

Ahh.. I guess this is why I've never had an issue with GB's videoplayer. In fact, I really like it because of the automatic scaling with window size, which is something I appreciate since it means I can pin the player in the corner while doing something else. Never knew Subscribers had an exclusive video player.

Non subscribers can't select the youtube option on the player as well, which kinda makes sense since they want you to see their ads and not googles..

imagine there was basically only one game website and their awards were the only ones that anybody actually paid attention to, and imagine it's been this way for 87 years and then we're approaching a better comparison.

sure the golden globes and baftas and whatnot exist but they're insignificant in the face of the oscars.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It doesn't really matter. You can watch all of their free videos on youtube. And if you're a subscriber, just download them and watch them with your own video player.

I do, but it's an added annoyance. I'd rather sit on my butt and watch them via youtube app on PS4.

Anjin M

The Oscars are the closest thing to a reputable awards show that exists. Unlike with a Grammy or an Emmy, you can generally assume that an Oscar winner was at least competent to good at whatever category it was awarded(more often than not at least). People still get caught up in it as a result.

imagine there was basically only one game website and their awards were the only ones that anybody actually paid attention to, and imagine it's been this way for 87 years and then we're approaching a better comparison.

sure the golden globes and baftas and whatnot exist but they're insignificant in the face of the oscars.

I get where you are both coming from, but being so entrenched only makes the process that much sillier. By now we should all know the limitations of Oscar voting.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I get where you are both coming from, but being so entrenched only makes the process that much sillier. By now we should all know the limitations of Oscar voting.

Sure, and if everybody read the earlier posted article that said two voters last year voted for a Best Picture that they didn't watch, you would think they'd all care a lot less about it.

But they wouldn't. They'd just get louder and angrier because people.

tchocky

I have a separate player, it's the annoyance of downloading them. Not a huge deal, but for a website primarily focused on video, they should try rectifying it.

If you are a subscriber use the ps4 web browser to watch the videos that are not on youtube.

FStop7

Banned

Shakespeare in Love says hello.

popo

Non subscribers can't select the youtube option on the player as well, which kinda makes sense since they want you to see their ads and not googles..

They don't mind google/youtube ads as they get a cut - but apparently you can't embed YT videos with ads.

hamchan

Danswers is a really great/dumb name for a podcast

Dan: "Everything will always work out fantastic!"
Danny: "I struggled for years upon years to get where I am, and contemplated quitting this whole career path until at the last moment I received a job offer.

The contrast when they give life advice will be great!

(Can't tell if this is a real podcast yet or if Dan is kidding around.)

dan will have to ask danny what half the questions actually mean

"okay so you need help saving money for student loans...

how do student loans work o dwyer?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom