• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
Yeah, Dan talked about wanting to get a platform that was better suited than Twitter to talk about that kind of stuff. I think the podcast might be it more than a random Tumblr or anything like that. As someone who has struggled with anxiety since I was an early teen, it would be really interesting to hear Dan's thoughts on it.

That said, it'll be a comedy podcast first and foremost.

I guess I'll officially say this here first. That other platform for the anxiety stuff will be a book that I'm working on now. I'm about halfway done with it. It details the onset of my anxiety disorders, the twelve years of struggling with it, and more importantly, the things I've learned to do in order to keep it under control and make it an afterthought now.

I'll probably field a few anxiety questions on Danswers if they come in, but the full story and advice on that front will be in the book.

I guess I'll officially say this here first. That other platform for the anxiety stuff will be a book that I'm working on now. I'm about halfway done with it. It details the onset of my anxiety disorders, the twelve years of struggling with it, and more importantly, the things I've learned to do in order to keep it under control and make it an afterthought now.

I'll probably field a few anxiety questions on Danswers if they come in, but the full story and advice on that front will be in the book.

Good to read !

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dan is the original Dr Tracksuit
B7b2b0CCYAEPqyf.jpg:orig

I would be absolutely surprised if Danswers leans towards the serious side. Personally, I wouldn't find life advice from strangers my age very helpful. Though, admittedly, I don't know what kind of profound life experience these two have had.

Well, by serious I only mean that I doubt they'll be telling question askers to "Make eye contact with an employee of the store, and then shove an item down your pants."

def sim

It looks like the WWE Immortals QL was posted earlier than intended. Edit: or not. I could have sworn it was set for tomorrow.

Well, by serious I only mean that I doubt they'll be telling question askers to "Make eye contact with an employee of the store, and then shove an item down your pants."

Hah right, I see what you mean.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
oh my god I'm only a minute in and so far this is incredible

it can only get worse from here

making Roman Reigns a centurion is inspired in the most dumbass way possible

I've only seen him in the QL thumbnail so far, but if Daniel Bryan is actually just a dude in a t-shirt, that's the most hilarious thing ever.

edit: And I quote Jeff, Daniel Bryan "is a dude in a t-shirt and fuckin jeans"..."Daniel Bryan is just a dude"

And they say WWE has trouble writing recognizable characters these days.

I've only seen him in the QL thumbnail so far, but if Daniel Bryan is actually just a dude in a t-shirt, that's the most hilarious thing ever.

"At some point, while designing the characters for this game, whoever it was, had the foresight to go no, Daniel Bryan is just a dude."

I'll make sure to check it out, as my wife suffers from pretty bad anxiety. Thanks Dan!

Awesome! Marathoning it should be alot easier now.

Oooh I'll probably go in for that book. Should be a good read!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
"At some point, while designing the characters for this game, whoever it was, had the foresight to go no, Daniel Bryan is just a dude."

When I heard Jeff say "just a dude in a t-shirt" I laughed way too much, then had to have a sincere bit of thought about whether I've heard Jeff speak so much that it's influenced my way of thinking.

Then I realized no, no, Daniel Bryan is just a dude in a t-shirt.

the best part about the satyr daniel bryan is that you know that after the art team triumphantly unveiled the "daniel bryan is a dude in a t shirt but bigger" concept, some fucking suit tried to rain on their parade by being all "c'mon guys we got this license, we're not gonna cheap out like that by not putting in at least one fantasy version of each of these performers"

so the artist(s) retaliated by putting goat legs and horns on daniel bryan to satisfy this, but made sure that he still had the fucking t shirt on

WWE Immortals looked awful, I'm sorry, I thought it would be kind of cool in a funny way but it really isn't. I would probably feel different if I had any really affinity for modern wrestling, but I just don't.

THEORY TIME-
SO I'm watching Spooks and PT again, and when the baby says "You got fired and drowned your sorrows in booze" right as Patrick is drinking from his beer, he responds with 'Hey!'

I think since then he was considering leaving. Maybe. Ok theory time over.

Squishy3

THEORY TIME-
SO I'm watching Spooks and PT again, and when the baby says "You got fired and drowned your sorrows in booze" right as Patrick is drinking from his beer, he responds with 'Hey!'

It's all Kojima's fault, then.

justjim89

Racism against the Irish is almost like... vintage racism. It's been out of fashion for the better part of a century. at least in America.

Yesterday I listened to an old podcast where Vinny made a dumb joke and said "Patrick, your response?" to which Patrick replied "My response to that is quitting my job" or something like that.

That was the true beginning of the end and nobody noticed.

Rainmaker

Banned
That was the true beginning of the end and nobody noticed.

I was listening to an early 2014 Bombcast a few months back. Vinny and Jeff were joking around about something... I can't remember what exactly but looking back it was pretty obvious Vinny was joking around about moving away. I'll have to find that one again to remember. I wouldn't have thought anything about it had it not been within a reasonable timeframe of him actually leaving and at the time of its release it wouldn't have seemed so odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom