• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

popo

Danny throwing Drew under the bus for his new bestie Dan.

Drew's own fault. He was playing hard to get for a whole year and then Dan swooped in. Danny has already been to meet the family and their glorious honeymoon in Europe has been planned. It can only be a matter of time before they go out shopping for
(onion)
rings.

I made some vaguely racist Danswers fan art

GjqO6ab.jpg

MBMBAM is great. I've listened to about 150 episodes in the last couple months, and am going to a live show in February.

I imagine that Danswers will be more about the Dans giving answers in the serious/semi-serious range, while MBMBAM does 80% jokey-20% sorta serious.

Same premise, but probably going for different things.

Dan: "Everything will always work out fantastic!"
Danny: "I struggled for years upon years to get where I am, and contemplated quitting this whole career path until at the last moment I received a job offer.

The contrast when they give life advice will be great!

(Can't tell if this is a real podcast yet or if Dan is kidding around.)

I legit think this could be very interesting. Dan has recently talked about how he has struggled with anxiety issues for years and Danny has been very open about suffering from depression too. Hearing what those two have to say about those issues considering their very public facing jobs is something worthwhile I think.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Dan having a platform specifically to give advice is how the world ends. John Drake warned us all, we just didn't listen.

Danny throwing Drew under the bus for his new bestie Dan.

Drew's own fault. He was playing hard to get for a whole year and then Dan swooped in. Danny has already been to meet the family and their glorious honeymoon in Europe has been planned. It can only be a matter of time before they go out shopping for rings.
lol poor Drew missed out.

Myggen

I legit think this could be very interesting. Dan has recently talked about how he has struggled with anxiety issues for years and Danny has been very open about suffering from depression too. Hearing what those two have to say about those issues considering their very public facing jobs is something worthwhile I think.

Yeah, Dan talked about wanting to get a platform that was better suited than Twitter to talk about that kind of stuff. I think the podcast might be it more than a random Tumblr or anything like that. As someone who has struggled with anxiety since I was an early teen, it would be really interesting to hear Dan's thoughts on it.

That said, it'll be a comedy podcast first and foremost.

def sim

MBMBAM is great. I've listened to about 150 episodes in the last couple months, and am going to a live show in February.

I imagine that Danswers will be more about the Dans giving answers in the serious/semi-serious range, while MBMBAM does 80% jokey-20% sorta serious.

Same premise, but probably going for different things.

I would be absolutely surprised if Danswers leans towards the serious side. Personally, I wouldn't find life advice from strangers my age very helpful. Though, admittedly, I don't know what kind of profound life experience these two have had.

It's like a MBMBAM without the McElroys...

It's a win win

Aw

I have not listened to MBMBAM since episode 60 or so, but I found them fairly entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom