• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

I guess I'll officially say this here first. That other platform for the anxiety stuff will be a book that I'm working on now. I'm about halfway done with it. It details the onset of my anxiety disorders, the twelve years of struggling with it, and more importantly, the things I've learned to do in order to keep it under control and make it an afterthought now.

I'll probably field a few anxiety questions on Danswers if they come in, but the full story and advice on that front will be in the book.

Sounds really interesting!

image.php

popo

Premium idea: Trap John T. Drake and Dan in a room together for 48 hours, Drake has no access to coke. See who walks out alive.

Saw VII (A Gary Whitta Film)

I guess I'll officially say this here first. That other platform for the anxiety stuff will be a book that I'm working on now. I'm about halfway done with it. It details the onset of my anxiety disorders, the twelve years of struggling with it, and more importantly, the things I've learned to do in order to keep it under control and make it an afterthought now.

I'll probably field a few anxiety questions on Danswers if they come in, but the full story and advice on that front will be in the book.

Looking forward to reading it Dan. You must have been lucky if you have had anxiety issues for 12 years and still "never had a bad day". :p

Brad (and whatever people are in the office from gamespot & GB) should play a board game over skype/google hangout with alex and vinny.

I'd call it Unplugged: Plugged Edition.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
oh what pax is next week? Jeez I hope they have some premium video in the can or planned for the next two weeks apart from upf

Myggen

This is an excellent idea, but they won't have any video guys around so I doubt we're getting QLs.

I'm sure they can make it work without video guys in the office, they have before I think. Also, they're only away from the office from Thursday until Sunday I believe, Jeff is taking Monday off but I'm not sure about the others.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

Woah you would be the last guy i would think would have a history with anxiety issues. Good luck with the book Dan.

Megasoum

Banned
It's time for Tested's podcast quote of the week!

While talking about the new Occulus Rift devkit and the fact that it's still difficult to read text.

Will Smith: "They need to create games or experiences like Oblivion or Mass Effect where text is not an important part of the experience"
Norman Chan: "Wait what? Those are two of the worst examples you could have given"
Will Smith: "What I'm saying is that they will have to make a custom UI for the Occulus just like they did for Oblivion on PC"

Man... You just can't make up that crap lol.

Elite: Dangerous looks awesome but it also looks complicated enough that I don't know if I want to put the time into it.

I would only get into Elite if I had the funds to do it right. Oculus or Track IR, a joystick, and a powerful enough graphics card to make it look real nice (I only have a 760).

Curufinwe

While talking about the new Occulus Rift devkit and the fact that it's still difficult to read text.

Will Smith: "They need to create games or experiences like Oblivion or Mass Effect where text is not an important part of the experience"
Norman Chan: "Wait what? Those are two of the worst examples you could have given"
Will Smith: "What I'm saying is that they will have to make a custom UI for the Occulus just like they did for Oblivion on PC"

That's priceless.

Myggen

Wait... GBeast are building a new PC and not live streaming them messing it up?

Boooooooo

Vinny said that he would probably not do it again after how the last build went, so not surprising.

Anyways, just the scale of the space stations in Elite is impressive. That game looks like a technical marvel.

bigkrev

.... What the hell is he talking about in the 3rd line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom