• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure they can make it work without video guys in the office, they have before I think. Also, they're only away from the office from Thursday until Sunday I believe, Jeff is taking Monday off but I'm not sure about the others.

That's true, hopefully they'll record enough early in the week that we'll still have a QL or two on Thursday/Friday, plus whatever Brad decides to do for UPF.

i look forward to a 24 hour Rorie stream consisting of Tokyo Jungle, nintendogs, and rorie playing Shadow Dancer and endlessly siccing his dog at inept ninja nemeses while he tells us that the true film of the year for 2014 was the animated short Feast

Myggen

I enjoy them, I just skip the Q&A parts.

That's a good rule of thumb for any Q&A parts of live panels. Look to panels at Comic Con with celebs that geeks love for the most cringe-worthy stuff on the planet. But apart from a couple of moments, I thought the Q&A part of last year's Prime panel was pretty good.

Myggen

A Giant Bomb user actually made Bike 2

2717608-bike2.jpg

edit: Also, regarding stuff not getting uploaded to YT, from Jeff:

Jeff Gerstmann ‏@jeffgerstmann 14 hours ago

@lesaboteur87 Some shit broke. Our guys have been talking to YouTube’s guys.

I would probably buy a non-mobile WWE Immortals game and I don't even follow wrestling. I love this kind of handling of a licensed property.
I played the Injustice game on PS4 with my plus subscription and found out to be incredibly boring. I do love the look of the wrestlers in Immortals though.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
the guys found a winner with the book club imo, seems like it would be crazy to ditch that unless the numbers were actually bad

Myggen

the guys found a winner with the book club imo, seems like it would be crazy to ditch that unless the numbers were actually bad

They indicated that it was initially meant as a one-off thing, but that they would be interested in doing more of it. So we'll see, I don't think it was ever intended as a regular feature, just if they found a book they would all be interested in reading and discussing.

I really want some fresh Jeff premium stuff.

I want some of that good ol' "Jeff plays old games and talks about the old industry bullshit he has seen" stuff but on a regular basis.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
They indicated that it was initially meant as a one-off thing, but that they would be interested in doing more of it. So we'll see, I don't think it was ever intended as a regular feature, just if they found a book they would all be interested in reading and discussing.

I'm aware of that.

I just think it's the most interesting/appealing idea for a side podcast they've done. Like, why be so hesitant about continuing this thing that's proven to be actually pretty good?

Then again they're often weirdly cagey about their premium content so :shrug

Haunted

Elite Dangerous looks fucking incredible.

Drew: "This would take one year of real-life time"
Jeff: "..."
Jeff: "Ok... i'm gonna take my shoes off then"

Jeff is always good for a solid reaction one-liner like that.

Haunted

holy shit Elite Dangerous is incredible. The way they pop into the other solar system... the way that Serebrov Station popped up on the screen, fucking wow.

I actually, literally said "wow" out loud in real life.

edit: entering that station !!! :O

I'm losing my goddamn mind over here

the scope... I can't

i cant

Megasoum

Banned
Elite Dangerous looks fucking incredible.

Drew: "This would take one year of real-life time"
Jeff: "..."
Jeff: "Ok... i'm gonna take my shoes off then"

Jeff is always good for a solid reaction one-liner like that.

Yeah I was listening to some old bombcast clips on youtube the other day and he replied to someone with just a simple "Wooooord" as in (I approve this yo). In the context it was the funniest thing ever.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
holy shit Elite Dangerous is incredible. The way they pop into the other solar system... the way that Serebrov Station popped up on the screen, fucking wow.

the scope... I can't

i cant

shit is hot

I'm actually considering buying it

the scope... I can't

i cant

Seeing that shit in VR is a whole 'nother level of wow. It's terrifying every time a giant star pops up in your face and your computer is warning you about heat levels.

the scope... I can't

i cant

I enjoy the game in theory, but some of the complaints about it being thin on content are kind of true. There's not really much of a "direction" in the game, which is part of idea behind it, but you look at a very similar game like X3, there's kind of a better idea of progression. In X3 you start off as a little weak ship, but you can right away see that you can build up a fleet of trading ships, or build your own stations, or capital ships, participate in wars, etc. In Elite and X3 you can do the same kinds of things, trading, combat, piracy, bounty hunting, but in Elite you kind of look at it and say "to what end?" You don't get the impression that you could ever really grow to be a truly influential player in the universe.

I enjoy the game in theory, but some of the complaints about it being thin on content are kind of true. There's not really much of a "direction" in the game, which is part of idea behind it, but you look at a very similar game like X3, there's kind of a better idea of progression. In X3 you start off as a little weak ship, but you can right away see that you can build up a fleet of trading ships, or build your own stations, or capital ships, participate in wars, etc. In Elite and X3 you can do the same kinds of things, trading, combat, piracy, bounty hunting, but in Elite you kind of look at it and say "to what end?" You don't get the impression that you could ever really grow to be a truly influential player in the universe.

This is pretty much what I took away from the game after playing it for a while.

The base is there, but it desperately needs some kind of motivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom