• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainmaker

Banned
I expect that's a result of living in California for over a decade. The crew has made comments about his "southern drawl" coming out when he's drunk.

I just started re-listening to 2008 Bombcasts and his drawl definitely shows more back then but is mixed with a "duuuuuude" type thing. Good stuff. As much work as I've put into getting rid of my accent (still not perfect) alcohol can set me back so bad.

Megasoum

Banned
So question guys...

I bought a Wii U recently and grabbed a used copy of Windwaker HD. The game works fine but the case is kinda busted.

I ordered a new case from Nintendo but I'd like to re-print the cover too since it's all scratched up.

Anybody have any experience doing that? Looking at google and not finding great results. Both for finding the actual cover and then print it properly. The last time I did that kind of stuff was something like 15 years ago for some shady PC games I downloaded back then and I remember that I needed to use a special program to print them so that they would print the right size and format.

Renpatsu

I ordered a new case from Nintendo but I'd like to re-print the cover too since it's all scratched up.

Anybody have any experience doing that? Looking at google and not finding great results. Both for finding the actual cover and then print it properly. The last time I did that kind of stuff was something like 15 years ago for some shady PC games I downloaded back then and I remember that I needed to use a special program to print them so that they would print the right size and format.
As far as the size and dimensions of the actual cover are concerned, the Wii U game case is just a standard DVD keep case so the size of the cover should be approximately: 272mm x 184mm.

You could download GIMP for free and just open it to check that whatever cover you do get (whether that is a scan of the original or a custom one) matches those dimensions.

As for printing standard sheets of glossy photo paper seem to work well and retain the detail of the cover better than the usual copy paper.

Edit: This is from the custom cover thread, but it is close enough to the original that you might appreciate it.
Or this one.

Megasoum

Banned
As far as the size and dimensions of the actual cover are concerned, the Wii U game case is just a standard DVD keep case so the size of the cover should be approximately: 190mm × 135mm × 14mm (7.48in x 5.3in x .55in).

You could download GIMP for free and just open it to check that whatever cover you do get (whether that is a scan of the original or a custom one) matches those dimensions.

As for printing standard sheets of glossy photo paper seem to work well and retain the detail of the cover better than the usual copy paper.

Edit: This is from the custom cover thread, but it is close enough to the original that you might appreciate it.
Or this one.

Awesome thanks

This just in: The Fish still cannot be beat.

I enjoyed the salt in this UPF!

Also, a question for you Americans: Seeing as Jason is from Atlanta, does he have a southern accent? It doesn't seem like that to me, but then again my only experience with the Atlanta accent is Big Boi and Andre 3000.

I think it looks so much fun!

Brad's Appalachian. Rhotic + drawl with alot of Elizabethan and Scottish relictuals.

I just started re-listening to 2008 Bombcasts and his drawl definitely shows more back then but is mixed with a "duuuuuude" type thing. Good stuff. As much work as I've put into getting rid of my accent (still not perfect) alcohol can set me back so bad.

I never bothered with that. It tips me off to some assholes when I speak.

Jintor

Just noticed this on the front page

2714489-steamworkshop_collection_182162100_collection_branding.jpg

it looks terrible in a way i may or may not be able to get behind. it's that horrible-dialogue match-3 dating sim thing, I believe.

i can't believe they managed to licence 'slutty madoka' for the mc tho

as someone from Appalachia, Brad's accent isn't Appalachian. This is.

Brad's accent literally sounds like a North Carolinian who's lived in California for too long.

Appalachian might be my single favorite accent in the world, it's such an oddity, and it just permeates every single phoneme. Never picked it up myself, despite living around it. I can do a reasonable imitation though.

as someone from Appalachia, Brad's accent isn't Appalachian. This is.

Brad's accent literally sounds like a North Carolinian who's lived in California for too long.

Appalachian might be my single favorite accent in the world, it's such an oddity, and it just permeates every single phoneme. Never picked it up myself, despite living around it. I can do a reasonable imitation though.
These guys all sound like Justified villains.

Jintor

From what I remember, there are actual H-scenes, so yeah. Although Katawa Shoujo had that as well so YMMV.

Yeah but it's also got a steam release so I assume they've just stripped out the actual H stuff on that at least

i've got to get around to writing an erog- i mean, a vn

Rlan

Honestly, kind of tired of seeing the same games pop up on UPF, like Tetris Battle Gaiden, Windjammers, Mount your friends etc.

Balb

Honestly, kind of tired of seeing the same games pop up on UPF, like Tetris Battle Gaiden, Windjammers, Mount your friends etc.

I'm sure Mount Your Friends is a really fun game to play but man is it extremely boring to watch.

justjim89

Wow, Dan expressed that he thought the Blue Collar Comedy Tour was stupid on UPF.

I love the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

I'm more middle American than Ryckert.

Fuck.

Myggen

Wow, Dan expressed that he thought the Blue Collar Comedy Tour was stupid on UPF.

I love the Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

I'm more middle American than Ryckert.

Fuck.

Everything involving Larry the Cable Guy is trash!

I'm sure Mount Your Friends is a really fun game to play but man is it extremely boring to watch.

I couldn't disagree more on it being boring to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom