• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
vaE0HJJ.gif

erawsd

Yeah I really don't understand where he's coming from with the whole "No hold, no queue, no drop shadow" etc... Especially since he keeps saying he loved Tetris DS which had all of this.

Also all those things have been "canon" for Tetris for the last 20 years at least.

Yeah, it was strange for him to slam those things... then turn around and gush over a Tetris game thats all about spamming super powers.

Given Brad being a Dota guy I'm surprised he doesn't think about "matchups" in Battle Gaiden. Ninja Kid's Level 4 can be reversed by Princesses Level 2, for example. A lot of the OP stuff could be countered or reversed if you pick the right character and know their skill.

Sakwoff

A light Midwestern accent. See this map. I also perceive the west coast and parts of New England as mostly "accentless" which is probably a result of that area's prevalence in American media.

Aight, thanks!

I always find this fascinating, given how arbitrary it mostly is. For example the regional variety that is considered Standard German is what's generally spoken in the area around the city of Hannover. Of all possible areas. No offense meant to Hannoverians.

Gotta read some papers on standardization at some point. I wonder what the factors are that facilitate this. Can't really be socio-economic factors, considering that map. Geographic centrality maybe... but that doesn't quite check out with a lot of other languages...

Okay, back to duders talk, sorry about that digression. :)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I kind of feel like the Meme Run quicklook isn't gonna happen. They might have played it and couldn't even get to ten minutes.

Zebetite

Banned
Does anyone proficient in Japanese know if Puyo Puyo Tetris has a way to turn down the garbage accumulation rate in four-player mode? It did look a bit extreme on UPF.

Zaph

damn, this hoodslam video looks like it was really painful to film. Couple hours of that and I bet you're sore for a week.

I wish there was a way for me to try Elite Dangerous with a flight stick. I'm so tempted to spend way too much money on something that I'm not sure I have the patience to dig into.

Just got a new phone and downloaded WWE Supercard and WWE Immortals.

I find myself playing Immortals until the stupid energy bars need refilling, then going into Supercard until Immortals fills back up.

Please send help

Wow, Elite: Dangerous looks great. Way better than in the Unfinished last time, somehow.

The sense of atmosphere and presence is something I wasn't expecting at all.
Just got a new phone and downloaded WWE Supercard and WWE Immortals.

I find myself playing Immortals until the stupid energy bars need refilling, then going into Supercard until Immortals fills back up.

Please send help

If they release another WWE mobile game you're gonna be totally boned. :(

I wish there was a way for me to try Elite Dangerous with a flight stick. I'm so tempted to spend way too much money on something that I'm not sure I have the patience to dig into.

Yeah that game would heavily benefit from some sort of demo, $60 is a lot to ask for someone to commit to something like that.

So the Royal Rumble is next week. Power Bombcast as well?

Its been a pretty fun 2 months in wrestling since the last episode once you stop watching RAW. Should make for a fun episode.

In that stream, Danny said a UFC podcast is a possibility, football (soccer) is definitely out and they might reconsider doing Alt-F1 again, but that's a maybe.

[EDIT - D&D Unplugged perhaps returning in Feb/March.]

In that stream, Danny said a UFC podcast is a possibility, football (soccer) is definitely out and they might reconsider doing Alt-F1 again, but that's a maybe.

[EDIT - D&D Unplugged perhaps returning in Feb/March.]
Oh man I'd love a UFC podcast. There's none better than Co-Main Event but the more the merrier.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
It would be cool to go back to the d&d stuff with rorie at the helm

tchocky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom