• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

njean777

Couldn't sleep.

Jeff's a total meet 'n' greet pro. Props to him for being so humble to everyone wanting a chat/pic/autograph.

He is a real cool guy. They all are. we met them before the panel and chatted with them about wrestling and other random stuff.

Panel was funny and less eventful then normal but I enjoyed the low key environment.

Alfredo

I met Jeff earlier today at PAX South and gave him a special present: alpaca Dr. Tracksuit!

Iyyf47v.png

1TSmIUh.png

WLshCnQ.png

wF6Uotf.png

tumblr_ninyh8aH3B1r96fbco1_540.jpg

Dave Lang seemed to get a kick out of it, lol.

Jothel

I can't really imagine what it'd be like to meet the guys, I've been following them for like 10 years now so they kinda seem like celebrities but are also just normal dudes. How did those who met them feel? Nervous or just... Like watching an incredibly clear stream?

I can't really imagine what it'd be like to meet the guys, I've been following them for like 10 years now so they kinda seem like celebrities but are also just normal dudes. How did those who met them feel? Nervous or just... Like watching an incredibly clear stream?

They're all pretty tall. I bought brand a beer once he was cool about it trying to refuse but I was like nah imma get this one for you.

njean777

It was kind of surreal, especially when you have been following them for so long. I was nervous at first but after talking to them for a few minutes it felt like I was talking with friends.

GB wasn't at PAX East 2010 but I had a surreal night at that one where I met up with Chris Grant who was at the time EIC of Joystiq along with some other joystiq writers and joystiq fans at a bar before PAX East. There was also a guy from Naughty Dog there. We had beers and talked about lots of random things.

I was a big fan of the Joystiq Podcast at the time and ended up meeting McElroy and Kietzmann briefly too. It feels weird at first but I don't think any of these games press people think of themselves as celebrities and they're just honestly mostly thankful for the people who make their job possible and are all super nice.

On the one hand I love how jeff sometimes just has no patience for people who ask inane questions or can't clearly communicate their question and just shuts them down and does what everyone in the crowd is thinking, but on the other hand I imagine it would have to feel pretty fucking bad to be shut down by one of them, being a big fan.

Alfredo

What camera did you use for these pictures ? I like the out-of-focus backgrounds.

It's a Sony NEX-5T with a 50mm f/1.8 lens.

I also met the rest of the GB crew and extended "family" (at least the ones at PAX South):
tumblr_ninyh8aH3B1r96fbco4_500.jpg

tumblr_ninyh8aH3B1r96fbco5_500.jpg

tumblr_ninyh8aH3B1r96fbco7_500.jpg

tumblr_ninyh8aH3B1r96fbco6_500.jpg

tumblr_ninyh8aH3B1r96fbco2_500.jpg

tumblr_ninyh8aH3B1r96fbco3_500.jpg

I tried not to take up too much of their time. There were a ton of other people waiting to meet with them. It's really cool of them to be patient and willing to interact with their fans like that. I almost didn't get a picture with Drew since he had a camera rig with him and I didn't wanna bother him while he was working.

When I first saw Jeff at the Iron Galaxy booth, I tried hard not to fanboy flip out as I waited for him to finish talking with someone else. I tried to act all cool and like, "Hmm, I'll just check out what's around the corner," only to turn around to see if Jeff was free or not. I felt like a total creeper, but Jeff was pretty cool about it when I finally did get to talk to him for a bit.

Bacon

On the one hand I love how jeff sometimes just has no patience for people who ask inane questions or can't clearly communicate their question and just shuts them down and does what everyone in the crowd is thinking, but on the other hand I imagine it would have to feel pretty fucking bad to be shut down by one of them, being a big fan.

Yeah I mean, it would suck to be that guy, but they are on a schedule and need to keep things moving at a somewhat decent pace.

Yeah I mean, it would suck to be that guy, but they are on a schedule and need to keep things moving at a somewhat decent pace.

It probably wouldn't have any effect/little effect but they should just announce before the Q&A session that if your question is not clearly understood or just doesn't make sense they will ask you to let the next person ask.

Or have someone screen the questions before they come to the mic, at least make sure they have a clear idea in their head.

Yo I drank too much and everything is weird right now

How were the panels and Q&A and such? I missed all the live streams since I was too busy being stupid

They know that danger going into it, and if not, they find out the hard way.

It's a Sony NEX-5T with a 50mm f/1.8 lens.

I also met the rest of the GB crew and extended "family" (at least the ones at PAX South):
tumblr_ninyh8aH3B1r96fbco4_500.jpg

tumblr_ninyh8aH3B1r96fbco5_500.jpg

tumblr_ninyh8aH3B1r96fbco7_500.jpg

tumblr_ninyh8aH3B1r96fbco6_500.jpg

tumblr_ninyh8aH3B1r96fbco2_500.jpg

tumblr_ninyh8aH3B1r96fbco3_500.jpg

I tried not to take up too much of their time. There were a ton of other people waiting to meet with them. It's really cool of them to be patient and willing to interact with their fans like that. I almost didn't get a picture with Drew since he had a camera rig with him and I didn't wanna bother him while he was working.

When I first saw Jeff at the Iron Galaxy booth, I tried hard not to fanboy flip out as I waited for him to finish talking with someone else. I tried to act all cool and like, "Hmm, I'll just check out what's around the corner," only to turn around to see if Jeff was free or not. I felt like a total creeper, but Jeff was pretty cool about it when I finally did get to talk to him for a bit.

Drew and Troy Baker really are morphing into the same person.

So there's hours of content I haven't seen yet from these past two days of streams. What was the best stream? And don't say everything, that's not a useful answer.

Brashnir

I'm losing my mind at brad flawlessly dodging everything from the left and getting hit by everything from the right

It's NES Punch-Out muscle memory at work. In that game, you learned to only ever dodge to one side since direction didn't matter on dodges. I'm also programmed to always dodge left, and it really fucks me up whenever I play the Wii version.

30 years of conditioned behavior is hard to break.

Nerokis

pgujZc7.png

Oh, Dan...

I arrived in San Antonio around an hour ago, and it kills me that there's a good chance I'm familiar with whatever bar they went to. This isn't something I've daydreamed about or anything, but now that it's so close, nothing sounds more amazing than witnessing drunk Dan firsthand.

This is one of those times where being in bed feels like such a bummer.

Myggen

Yo I drank too much and everything is weird right now

How were the panels and Q&A and such? I missed all the live streams since I was too busy being stupid

The panel was great. One awkward question, but nothing major. The livestreams were good too, I'm betting they'll all go up on the site next week.

edit: also, tucah should try to contact EmCee or Evilore on twitter, it should be possible to get access to your account that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom