• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giant Bomb Dream Update 1/26/15

Up at my local school park, Nintendo had data tubes filled with all sorts of secrets. Someone, with the help of Wario and Waluigi, broke in and found NPD data about the new WarioWare. It sold below expectations. I reached my hand into part of the tube and unscrewed something. There was a ton of ice in there, so I dumped it out. I kept pouring, and suddenly koopa shells came out. I looked over and the whole Giant Bomb crew was there. Brad was shocked and ecstatic. I think it was his dream to finally prove this was real or something. I turned to Dan and said, "real life really is like Mario" before everything became hazy and I fell asleep.

Later, there was some sort of controversy surrounding Jeff. A thread title on GAF read, "Blunt, socially blunt Jeff Gerstmann can be seen ignoring fire alarms, snoring on desk." (Not sure why blunt was used twice.) Apparently a fire drill occurred at the CBSi offices and Jeff ignored it, causing many people to become angry. I remember wondering if Jeff would be fired. Thankfully, Dan came in the thread to clarify what happened. Dan said his blind friend went into the bathroom, but there was a giant red spider in there. Dan decided to accompany him, not wanting the spider to jump on him. I woke up (in real life) before I got to read the rest, so I'm not sure how that related to anything.

Also, this is unrelated to Giant Bomb, but I also dreamed that "We Will Rock You" is known in certain parts of Europe as "Yes Señor."

Dan is getting fired :( :/ :\

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I like how the Meme Run QL has some deep conversation about internet usage/subculture between Jeff and Brad

Zaph

Yeah of course.

But, for me, Jeff's idea of how dealing with the news is 100 times more interesting than what Kotaku does.

Yeah, I really like his idea for allowing one line news items to actually be one line.

You don't need a story if a game is getting delayed, or a release date is announced, or DLC is arriving etc. I'd love to see a narrow feed on the site with all that stuff, with just a link to the official site/PR statement and user comments.

I can't imagine it would be very taxing on the staff time, and while traditional 'hits' would go down, it would still bring people to the homepage.

Is the Jeff Q&A going to be put up anywhere, or was it not recorded?

These last couple of weeks have felt pretty damn slim on content. Hope this week starts getting better.

Tucah

you speak so well
Is the Jeff Q&A going to be put up anywhere, or was it not recorded?

These last couple of weeks have felt pretty damn slim on content. Hope this week starts getting better.

Jefflr.moe has an archive of it, and Jeff could conceivably put a rip of that stream up on the site but no video was recorded.

And Dan mentioned that we'll get another premium thing this week so there's at least that.

Anjin M

Sorry if I upset anyone with it.

Sado, not upset at all. I just confused you with someone else. Hearing your story right after hearing the one from the prior cast left me confused. I probably should have done a little double checking before I posted. Giant Bomb has done a lot for me during hard times, so I understand wanting to thank them.

Only after Breaking Brad makes a triumphant return with some fulfilling mountain climbing.

F81g998.jpg

Huh ? Did the HD port add a new very easy difficulty ? I don't recall the "taking a walk" option being there before.

that would be an incredible storyline

and then...

time travel

To be honest with you, I really do think the VGCW is the pinnacle of wrestling entertainment because it's more random, has to adapt on the fly, and you can do bullshit like time travel in it (do you think time travel and shadow personas and shit is beyond the WWE's ken? They've had supernatural bullshit before... I wonder where the limit is)

GB was years ahead of TIME TRAVEL with briefcases (also GHOST PROBLEMS).

I was watching the Wii Party quicklook and doing this felt necessary.

giant_bomb_sex_by_aloooo81-d8fhrey.gif

It did. It's "Normal, Easy, Very easy" and beating the game unlocks hard.

Which Vinny stream?

This here truck to KARATE TOWN.

Funny they posted they'll be hosting WWE PPVs "from now on".

Plot twist: this turns into them flying Dan out to host once a month.

Real plot twist: They do this next month and have 6 people.

jaina

weird that they had a panel and that the thread isn't full of people wondering why they booed patrick.

You mean people mishearing "Scoooooops"? :) We'll see when the recording is published, if he's mentioned at all.

Do a Fall of Giant Bomb theme. Take inspiration from the GOTY vids. Everything in past tense, 100% serious. Confuse the fuck out of nonregulars.

Giant Bomb #12 | We had a good run

The CBSi confusion OP was great. But I'm in no position to demand such a big effort again from Hot Coldman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom