• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

These community vote streams are great in theory until you realize people are dumb. Oh well, at least I got them to play Crimzon Clover World Ignition.

Oh, and their database doesn't seem to recognize 4 of the 5 games I wanted to enter, great.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Now that I think about it, there may be a reason Jeff isn't rushing off to celebrate. :(

EDIT: Of course, maybe he just loves his job. Go Jeff!

Yeah, yesterday was the 8 year anniversary of my Dad's death. Thanksgiving has sucked since. Nothing like having a family get-together holiday, to remind you of a missing loved one, woo.

louiedog

These community vote streams are great in theory until you realize people are dumb. Oh well, at least I got them to play Crimzon Clover World Ignition.

Oh, and their database doesn't seem to recognize 4 of the 5 games I wanted to enter, great.

It seems to only allow you to search 2014 games. I wanted them to look at a new Steam release of an old game that Jeff said he wanted to look at but hasn't. No go. A Japanese game that only hit the US early this year? Nope. A game that came out at the end of last December? Sorry.

I get they want to cut down on people spamming games they like from earlier years, but there are legitimate releases for 2014 that get cut out as a result.

Alfredo

It seems to only allow you to search 2014 games. I wanted them to look at a new Steam release of an old game that Jeff said he wanted to look at but hasn't. No go. A Japanese game that only hit the US early this year? Nope. A game that came out at the end of last December? Sorry.

I get they want to cut down on people spamming games they like from earlier years, but there are legitimate releases for 2014 that get cut out as a result.

Drew said to post any games that don't show up in the search in this GB thread and they'll try and fix it.

chogidogs

Next year when GBeast gets 2 more people (in my dreams), they should let Patrick fly out there so we get 2 GOTYs and double the podcast.

It's stupid and they should do it.

El_Funko

Neo Member
Does the GOTY 2014 poll have a confirmation page when you submit?

Mine just loads for a bit, then stops and stays on the same page without any visible change.

I need to make sure my dumb votes get counted.

Jothel

Holy shit my question was answered on the bombcast, I'm Rich from Japan by the way. Made my shitty day a bit less shitty.

Sorry to do this again but need help remember a game name from a Quick Look.

It was a dating simulator/interactive fiction where you go on a date and I believe it's Vinny that's playing where the girl the lead goes on a date with dies multiple times as they try to get through the scene. I want to say she's shot at a restaurant and maybe some other ways.

Thanks!

demidar

It was a dating simulator/interactive fiction where you go on a date and I believe it's Vinny that's playing where the girl the lead goes on a date with dies multiple times as they try to get through the scene. I want to say she's shot at a restaurant and maybe some other ways.

Thanks!

Can you describe the artstyle? I don't recall anything of the sort.

Myggen

Does the GOTY 2014 poll have a confirmation page when you submit?

Mine just loads for a bit, then stops and stays on the same page without any visible change.

I need to make sure my dumb votes get counted.

You're doing it right. You're supposed to be able to change the list until the deadline, so there's no confirmation Page. But it saves your choices, and it'll be counted.

Kalor

Thanks!
That was called Save the Date if I remember correctly.

54-46!

What do you mean? What did he spoil?

Basically telling Drew that "Solid Snake" is George Sears, he's supposed to be an unknown up until this point. They talk about him in the post credits of MGS1, but it is never stated that he's the leader of Sons of Liberty during this first part of 2.

It's the same as Gurlukovich, where Dan told Drew who he was right away. We know that the character exists but we (and the protagonist) don't know who the person on screen is yet.

Basically telling Drew that "Solid Snake" is George Sears, he's supposed to be an unknown up until this point. They talk about him in the post credits of MGS1, but it is never stated that he's the leader of Sons of Liberty during this first part of 2.

They already mentioned that Sears is part of Dead Cell when they introduced the group at the start of Raiden's mission:
Deadcell.jpg

I do agree about Gurlukovich. But I haven't heard Dan say anything about Sears that Drew wouldn't know.
(Except in the pre-MGScanlon Demo Derby where he explained everything, but I don't think Drew remembers)

54-46!

They already mentioned that Sears is part of Dead Cell when they introduced the group at the start of Raiden's mission:
Deadcell.jpg

I do agree about Gurlukovich. But I haven't heard Dan say anything about Sears that Drew wouldn't know.
(Except in the pre-MGScanlon Demo Derby where he explained everything, but I don't think Drew remembers)

They say Sears formed the unit.

They say Sears formed the unit.

Can't really go through all the cutscenes, but I played through the game for the first time a couple of months ago and I definitely figured Sears was the leader since he was associated with them so strongly in the early cutscenes.

Oh and personally I thought it was weird that Dan spelled out the Patriots <-> La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo connection. I definitely hadn't figured that out based on a single off-hand comment by a soldier during the end of the tanker section.

CM Punk: Eh hunter that is the european tour

HHH: No its not...

CM Punk: Come on i have done 30 odd tours and you have done 100 it always happens at the same time.

HHH: No its not...

CM Punk: Dude come on it is!

HHH: No its not!

CM Punk: Dude

HHH: Punk

CM Punk: Dude!

HHH: Okay i will double check

"The Next Day"

Randy Orton confirmed for 12 rounds part II

CM Punk: You couldn't have phoned me about this

HHH: ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Status