• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
anyone else constantly having live stream video crash for then? playing videos normally is fine, it's just that whenever there's a stream it gets interrupted constantly for me

Myggen

anyone else constantly having live stream video crash for then? playing videos normally is fine, it's just that whenever there's a stream it gets interrupted constantly for me

Works fine for me at least. I haven't seen many people reporting problems with their live player.

popo

And then
he fires Punk on his wedding day
. What a twat.

True but it is just one side of the story. For example, termination papers likely came from the lawyers and they will have had no idea when some random employee
was getting married

The WWE doctor stuff sounds shady as hell but that is in line with the opinion most people have of company paid doctors in professional sports.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unprofessional-semi-solo-pre-thanksgiving-free-str/2300-9751/

Also DAN IF YOU ARE READING THIS THREAD LISTEN TO THE LATEST CM PUNK & COLT CABANA PODCAST

I only know who Colt Cabana is 'cause he wrestled Grado a year or so back.

Grado-vs-Colt.jpg

hamchan

Also DAN IF YOU ARE READING THIS THREAD LISTEN TO THE LATEST CM PUNK & COLT CABANA PODCAST

Some real damning stuff in here and I can't blame CM Punk from just walking away from everything. WWE made him hate wrestling, how awful.

Powerbombcast will sure be interesting, felt like a lot has happened recently.

Scizzy

Man, fuck Giant Bomb. I just wasted a half hour of my Thanksgiving morning playing Crossy Road and it's all their fault. And, God help me, I can't stop.

This is gonna be a weird question, but does anyone have any CPU load issues when using the video player? I'm noticing my temperature jump by about 5 degrees whenever I'm running it in Chrome, even when it's not filling the screen.

Man listening to last years goty podcasts, Brad seemed to be leading the charge to take out GTAV . A year later, we find ot that he only played up to just before the second heist and now he likes it a lot. I really hope brad doesn't do the same thing this year, and lead the charge against a game he hasn't played much of.

Zaph

This is gonna be a weird question, but does anyone have any CPU load issues when using the video player? I'm noticing my temperature jump by about 5 degrees whenever I'm running it in Chrome, even when it's not filling the screen.
What are you running on? PC with discrete GPU? Underpowered netbook?

Anything modern should be using hardware acceleration (both flash and html5) so video barely touches your cpu. Check if HW acceleration is enabled in both chrome and flash settings.

Man listening to last years goty podcasts, Brad seemed to be leading the charge to take out GTAV . A year later, we find ot that he only played up to just before the second heist and now he likes it a lot. I really hope brad doesn't do the same thing this year, and lead the charge against a game he hasn't played much of.

brad: huehuehue

Anything modern should be using hardware acceleration (both flash and html5) so video barely touches your cpu. Check if HW acceleration is enabled in both chrome and flash settings.

I'm on a custom built PC (AMD FX-8320 CPU and GTX 660 GPU). I have hardware acceleration checked for both of those, and GB is the only video player I've ever seen this issue appear.

Oh, it appears it was because I was set to "streaming" quality instead of having it be an HTML player. Sorry for being stupid and not looking into that.

daydream

Banned

The whole crew (not just Brad) dismisses a lot of games that they haven't played much of, at all. That's how these GOTYcasts work. Obviously, it's very easy to argue against that method but their reasoning will pretty much always be: "The game wasn't interesting enough for me to keep going." which is not totally invalid, either. Just enjoy the ride and don't worry about the result.

The whole crew (not just Brad) dismisses a lot of games that they haven't played much of, at all. That's how these GOTYcasts work. Obviously, it's very easy to argue against that method but their reasoning will pretty much always be: "The game wasn't interesting enough for me to keep going." which is not totally invalid, either. Just enjoy the ride and don't worry about the result.
You're right , it's just the most recent example of it I heard I guess. I love the goty casts so it's not a big deal,

Whelp, time to spend all day watching the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day marathon! I wish they'd show some of the Mike Nelson episodes, which are superior despite what Jeff would tell you.

Zaph

I'm on a custom built PC (AMD FX-8320 CPU and GTX 660 GPU). I have hardware acceleration checked for both of those, and GB is the only video player I've ever seen this issue appear.

Oh, it appears it was because I was set to "streaming" quality instead of having it be an HTML player. Sorry for being stupid and not looking into that.

That's odd. I'd check for the usual stuff (update Chrome, disable any addons etc) and then post a bug report on the forums.

Lol! "I made a profit!"

Danny and Mary are the only people who could get me to go to gamespot, lol. Is there a link to the whole stream I could watch?

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/grand-theft-auto-v-first-person-mode-now-playing/2300-6422343/

Myggen

You're right , it's just the most recent example of it I heard I guess. I love the goty casts so it's not a big deal,

Man, imagine how bigger publications go about to get a Top 10 list. It's just that GB is so open about their process, flaws and all.

And yeah, the GOTY casts are some of my favourites. This year will be crazy with 6-7 people in the room.

Jeff is going to make CoD his GOTY, isn't he.

I don't blame him one bit. Fun improvements to the movement, a decent-looking campaign, it's not fucking broken at all - winner winner chicken dinner.

Zaph

Quick straw poll.

Greg Kasavin is thinking about streaming his entire run of DA:I. Would you guys like to see it archived on the Unarchived channel or prefer it kept to the main GB-related people?

His Gamespot/GB Elder Scrolls playthroughs are really popular, so I think it would be a good fit, but I don't want to flood the channel if people aren't interested.

Myggen

Quick straw poll.

Greg Kasavin is thinking about streaming his entire run of DA:I. Would you guys like to see it archived on the Unarchived channel or prefer it kept to the main GB-related people?

His Gamespot/GB Elder Scrolls playthroughs are really popular, so I think it would be a good fit, but I don't want to flood the channel if people aren't interested.

That would be awesome! He is a friend of the site after all, and I loved his Skyrim stream on the site! Go for it, I say!

Edit: Also, happy Thanksgiving to all you American fuckers in this thread.

Zomba13

Watching the Jeff and Rorie stream from yesterday (I think it was yesterday anyway?) and just got tot he Guilty Gear Xrd bit. It's jarring having Ky speaking proper english and not hearing "RIDEO THA RIGHTENING!!!".

I don't think they needed to add jingoism. That's kind of CoD's thing. Hence why I can't stand that shit.

Just saying, Jeff could make an argument that would be convincing as per his impressions.

I hate it, too. I'm saying that AW took Metroid Prime's movement system but none of the other good parts since it's just a straightforward LT RT affair. Also, there's weird jingoism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom