• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it, too. I'm saying that AW took Metroid Prime's movement system but none of the other good parts since it's just a straightforward LT RT affair. Also, there's weird jingoism.

Oh, really, it's like Prime? Huh... that's... hm. Weird. The one other example of that in a competitive setting (Prime 2) wasn't so good.

popo

But Dan's argument was basically that no such thing as a bad meal even exists.

Yup. His statement that no bad meal exists because all food tastes great directly contradicts his previous statement that he doesn't try new foods because he is worried that he will not like them.

Myggen

Yup. His statement that no bad meal exists because all food tastes great directly contradicts his previous statement that he doesn't try new foods because he is worried that he will not like them.

I'm not sure that the first statement is meant to be taken literally.

Okay, I'm sure. It's not meant to be taken literally.

Jimmy now reminds me of the Italian mafia.

157713-126212-fat-tony.gif

These 30 day trial WoW videos are way more interesting now that I've started playing myself, I can say I know significantly more than Dan from the start lol.

Myggen

Check the first page of this thread for Myggen's recommendations on what to watch!

daydreaming had a post which also some recommendations but i can't find it.

I've got that shit bookmarked!

Good list. There's actually four Demo Derby videos so far, though.

I'm adding:

- Load our Last Save - Freedom Fighters (three parts, and many other LOLS)

- On The Green With Sim Golf (two parts)

- SNES Party (three parts)

- Welcome Back Tricaster Party! (two parts)

- The Olympic Games Olympiad (four parts)

- Thursday Afternoon SNES Time, Y'all (+ corresponding TNT)

- Spookin' With Scoops: Friday the 13th

- Pokemon Snap and Friends

- Vinny Bought Bot Colony. Now What?

- Velvet Sundown Live!

- Tons of UPFs, (esp. Grab Bag) TNTs and end-of-the-year retro streams to discover at your own pace!

tchocky

Secretly hoping the have a episode of Metal Gear Scanlon in the can that will drop over the weekend but I doubt it.

At the end of the bombcast they mentioned metal gear going up when talking about thanksgiving I doubt they were talking about tuesdays since that went up before the bombcast so it's possible but I would think it would have been on the schedule already.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just want to say that Dan's "You don't see a lot of fat men riding rollerskates" is about on the same level as "You never see an old man eating a twix."

Jothel

What are the chances that at the end of the GOTY podcast, Jeff says something like "man, what a weird fucking year for video games"?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I can't believe someone is really charging $10 for speakeasy.

Art is nice but the entire presentation is so threadbare, as you can tell when the win animation is the same as the attack animation. Not to mention the gameplay. It's even more of a free flash game than divekick.

valeo

Man, I can't believe someone is really charging $10 for speakeasy.

Art is nice but the entire presentation is so threadbare, as you can tell when the win animation is the same as the attack animation. Not to mention the gameplay. It's even more of a free flash game than divekick.

The whole foundation it's built upon gameplay wise just doesn't work; bit of a shame, really, because the art is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom