• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
im 30 minutes in....is it bad?

I guess the UPF format usually works better when there's four or five different voices and perspectives, all making jokes. When it's essentially just Jeff, I just think it was a slog.

Rorie seemed too distracted by chat and never really offered anything other than the amazing line of "this game sucks" when he couldn't nail down the controls. Credit to him for half apologizing but goddamn dude.

daydream

Banned
Can't sleep so I'm mulling over my party member choices for Persona Q. Obviously gonna be an all-P4 cast but I don't know if I should roll with the ER quartet or stick with my favourites. And who ARE even my favourites? Truly a question worthy of a riddle master.

Brashnir

Can't sleep so I'm mulling over my party member choices for Persona Q. Obviously gonna be an all-P4 cast but I don't know if I should roll with the ER quartet or stick with my favourites. And who ARE even my favourites? Truly a question worthy of a riddle master.

Chie, Chie, Chie and Chie.

Brashnir

Speaking of Chie, I have yet to experience her new VA. I'm sure that will go well.

Also, there's not enough characters to name the protagonist 'Charlie' which, frankly, should be considered an international incident.

How many characters can you use? You can always go with Chaz.

It's a five-person party in PQ innit? So even if you go with the ER team you'll have an extra spot. Personally I'm probably going Charlie-Chie-Yosuke-Yukiko-Kanji or maybe Charlie-Chie-Yosuke-Teddie-Kanji. Hopefully the sub-persona system means you can just go with whoever you like the most and not have to worry too much about physical/spellcaster/healer balance.

Six. It's like, wtf, other characters have longer names than that.

I'll probably go with a completely different name for the MC. Accept no substitutes and all that.

"Tunoku" will work, at least.

Six. It's like, wtf, other characters have longer names than that.

I'll probably go with a completely different name for the MC. Accept no substitutes and all that.

I always name my SMT protagonist after Fred Flintstone's race car driving alter ego, Goggles Pizano, but now I can't because Atlus really fucked this one up. That plus the $50 price tag plus the terrible release timing plus Atlus's constant eShop sales means I'm going to wait on this one. Okay, it's mostly the last three.

Renpatsu

Speakeasy would be pretty good if it was in a 1920s themed Sportsfriends local multiplayer compilation package. As it is it such a shame that the presentation is attached to a fairly shallow game.

B3gAHceIAAAhu0c.jpg:medium

ha1f

Not compatible with my device unfortunately, that looks really nice too.

What kind of device do you have (if it's an Android device)? I can't promise anything, but if enough people need/want it, I will start trying to support older devices/versions of Android (work and life permitting, of course).

Just picked up a Chromecast and am having a hell of a time getting GB Video Buddy to work with it, anyone have a guide on how to get it to work?

Have you got anything else working with the Chromecast? I don't remember having any problems with the Video Buddy + Chromecast comno, though now I've moved to Luchadeer.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Why would you stick with the ER quartet when that means you have to put up with fucking yosuke?

The "latest premium content" window at the top of the site displays Metal Gear Scanlon 2 Part 8, but when I click on it, it pops up a 404 error.

What kind of device do you have (if it's an Android device)? I can't promise anything, but if enough people need/want it, I will start trying to support older devices/versions of Android (work and life permitting, of course).

I running an old ass Android 2.3.6 phone, it's smarter for me to just upgrade than for you to have to make it work for my old phone lol.

Have you got anything else working with the Chromecast? I don't remember having any problems with the Video Buddy + Chromecast comno, though now I've moved to Luchadeer.

It worked fine on Netflix and Youtube, I think it's just from how old my phone is.

I running an old ass Android 2.3.6 phone, it's smarter for me to just upgrade than for you to have to make it work for my old phone lol.

It worked fine on Netflix and Youtube, I think it's just from how old my phone is.

Oh wow, I'm surprised anything Chromecast works on a 2.x phone. Not that it's that old, but Google isn't too good with providing new functionality for old devices. I'd guess there's a couple of different ways to use Chromecast (for app developers) and the easy way only works on newer Android versions.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Drew seemed way more out of it this episode.

Whole bunch of guards running around -> hey let's walk outside instead of hiding!

Oh wow, I'm surprised anything Chromecast works on a 2.x phone. Not that it's that old, but Google isn't too good with providing new functionality for old devices. I'd guess there's a couple of different ways to use Chromecast (for app developers) and the easy way only works on newer Android versions.

Yeah it's surprisingly still holding up, but more and more apps are giving me the legacy version and not the cool new ones with Chromecast. I'll probably just grab a cheap Kindle Fire eventually for Chromecast around my house.

They need to keep doing those debriefings at the end of videos. I just love seeing Drew trying to make sense of everything. And Dan is doing a damn good job of keeping him up-to-date on what he's learned so far, without spoiling what is to come.

Can't wait for next week.

justjim89

Dan's various terrorist-isms when Drew's in disguise are hilarious.

"Are you guys ready to do some terrorism?!"

"Boy the look on that president's face when we kill him is gonna be something to see."

Also Dan, if you're in the thread, you say you dig being in disguise in games. Ever play the Hitman series?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Also Dan, if you're in the thread, you say you dig being in disguise in games. Ever play the Hitman series?

You'd think so, but didn't he also say he doesn't like stealth games in general? Maybe that was just in relation to the splinter cell games (iirc he liked conviction because it wasn't as stealthy as the other games in the series), or maybe I'm imagining that.

Myggen

You'd think so, but didn't he also say he doesn't like stealth games in general? Maybe that was just in relation to the splinter cell games (iirc he liked conviction because it wasn't as stealthy as the other games in the series), or maybe I'm imagining that.

He's not as anti-stealth as Jeff, but he's not a very big fan of the genre either. That said, I think he would like the Hitman series given how much dumb shit you can do in those games.

Also, apparently Dan waits 3 or 4 dates to tell girls he's a wrestling fan. I can't imagine Dan spending that much time with someone and not talking about wrestling.

Haha yeah, he said on the Powerbombcast once that he has no problem telling girls what his job is and that he plays an insane amount of video games, but he has to ease them into his love for wrestling. Understandable, I think.

justjim89

He's not as anti-stealth as Jeff, but he's not a very big fan of the genre either. That said, I think he would like the Hitman series given how much dumb shit you can do in those games.

Right? Hitman is so damn dumb sometimes.

Also, apparently Dan waits 3 or 4 dates to tell girls he's a wrestling fan. I can't imagine Dan spending that much time with someone and not talking about wrestling. pointed

Edit: God damn it Drew! You pointed the mic right at the guy and it beeped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom