• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerkShep

I'm going to upgrade to premium with the new offer. I'm at the stage when you need to put the credit card info but it still show the standard price for the yearly sub. Does it change automatically when I complete the transaction? Thanks for the help

Zaph

2KLLe2B.png

Screened's back, baby.

Indignate

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
The retinal scan works even for dead guys right? Drew eventually got the orientation right with a live guy, but I'm pretty sure it was the orientation that was key, not the deadness.

Also a rare occasion that Drew was right about the game fucking up, as his perfectly aimed dart went straight through a guy's head, and then his second shot which was half a foot away from the guy's head was the one that actually hit him.

Myggen

I'm going to upgrade to premium with the new offer. I'm at the stage when you need to put the credit card info but it still show the standard price for the yearly sub. Does it change automatically when I complete the transaction? Thanks for the help

Seems like the price if you pay with a credit card is back to normal: http://www.giantbomb.com/upgrade/. This might be a mistake since they're still advertising the sale on the front page.

However, if you pay with Paypal, the price is still $35.

So, if you pay with a credit card right now you will be billed $50. Maybe hit up Rorie on Twitter if you can't pay with Paypal, or pay with a credit card now and beg for a $15 refund ;)

Nintendo done screwed up european peoples smash orders. Some people are not receiving the adapter pack which includes the game until late December.

Wunder

My weekend is saved - just caught up with MGScanlon and was bummed I wasn't gonna get another one till sometime next week. HURRAY

JerkShep

Seems like the price if you pay with a credit card is back to normal: http://www.giantbomb.com/upgrade/. This might be a mistake since they're still advertising the sale on the front page.

However, if you pay with Paypal, the price is still $35.

So, if you pay with a credit card right now you will be billed $50. Maybe hit up Rorie on Twitter if you can't pay with Paypal, or pay with a credit card now and beg for a $15 refund ;)

Thank you, paying with a credit card would be ideal, so I might ask Rorie on twitter later when I get back home.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
My weekend is saved - just caught up with MGScanlon and was bummed I wasn't gonna get another one till sometime next week. HURRAY

It's a good one too. A lot more story stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing Drew piece together the whole story and experience the reveals etc. in later episodes.

popo

I like it when Drew revisited his FOXDIE joke a gave a little laugh. It was likely just because it is still silly but part of me hoped it was because the last thread title made it internet famous.

I am not sure how anyone says "La Li Lu Le Lo" with a straight face though. Makes me cringe every time. I think this was the real reason I gave coldman (aka Rose) so much shit over the thread title this time.

-----

In other news. Looks like I finally joined the "new console" elite. I was so sure I could make it another year but after seeing Mordor and Far Cry 4 running on a 360, enough was enough. Made my frugal heart weep a little.

Drew seemed way more out of it this episode.

Whole bunch of guards running around -> hey let's walk outside instead of hiding!

He has sooo many different options to deal with these situations so it kinda pains me seeing it boil down to running around like a headless chicken every time.

If you wanna be quick about it, just take a breath, check the room in first person, dart every guard you see and be done with it. Even though that's criminally underusing the mechanics built into the game.

With default difficulty settings you kind of have to create your own fun in these games by experimenting and being playful around the guards. But after all we're all here for the plot.

Still loving the series and it is keeping me a subscriber.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
For that past couple years I've capped off Thanksgiving by getting some pie and watching my favorite Quick Look. I consider it the true start of the Christmas season. Time to do it again!

Thank you for including the correct Quick Look in this post. I was all ready to yell about how it wasn't the right answer to the start of the Christmas season quick looks, but that wouldn't have been in the seasonal spirit so it's just better that you were right.

Bacon

I was watching some of the snes party marathon that they did in 2011 last night and was almost instantly reminded how happy I am that they don't take skype calls during live streams anymore. Nothing* good comes out of it.

*Except for the megan's law caller.

Nishastra

Banned
I was watching some of the snes party marathon that they did in 2011 last night and was almost instantly reminded how happy I am that they don't take skype calls during live streams anymore. Nothing* good comes out of it.

Yep. Always kind of jarring to go back to an otherwise great video and have to fast forward every five minutes or so :p

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

At least their live Q&A sessions go off without a hitch with well thought out confident questions.

Myggen

At least their live Q&A sessions go off without a hitch with well thought out confident questions.

I thought PAX Prime was okay, actually.

The GB Q&A sessions during PAX are a dream compared to pretty much every Q&A I've seen on Comic-Con panels. If you want awkward questions, watch some movie star have a Q&A at Comic-Con...

I got a lot of original trilogy vibes from the trailer. Color me cautiously optimistic for the movie.

It bothers me that there are lightsabers in the movie. They have been ruined, and a shaky cam fight isn't going to rehabilitate them. Even if they have to be there, it's not like every Sith needs to have one, let alone increasingly complex models. This one's a staff! This one has a curved handle! This one's a claymore and has an unfocused lightning blade! The next movie better not have lightsaber nunchucks...

That said, hopefully the movie is good. That would be great. To have good star wars again.

HawkeyeFIN

Neo Member
Just noticed that Greg Kasavin's DA: Inquisition run part 1 is up on the GB Unarchieved channel. Watching it now, thanks to whoever put it up!

Megasoum

Banned
HOLY SHIT
The flip over railing right in the hole
in the latest MGS... I almost choked on my sandwich seeing that hahahahahahaha

Draxyle

Neo Member
It bothers me that there are lightsabers in the movie. They have been ruined, and a shaky cam fight isn't going to rehabilitate them. Even if they have to be there, it's not like every Sith needs to have one, let alone increasingly complex models. This one's a staff! This one has a curved handle! This one's a claymore and has an unfocused lightning blade! The next movie better not have lightsaber nunchucks...

That said, hopefully the movie is good. That would be great. To have good star wars again.

Yea, the Red Letter Media reviews had it right in that the lightsaber should only be the extension of the drama between the people who carry them. The Sith emperor in the original trilogy didn't even need one.

Throwing around bizarre new designs for lightsabers makes me worried that they might not have learned from the prequels' mistakes. I don't doubt these new movies will be better than the prequels, but I would like them to reach for a higher standard than that.

KingKong

15 minutes in and this looks like the bad Drew MGS episode. I'm loving it though, especially Dan laughing it up every time Drew dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom