• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

iodkab42u7jhoasbhlth.gif

Rogue Squadron where are you?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I have a confession to make. During the live Mario Party 2 I decided I couldn't take any more Mario Party after about two hours. I just finally watched the last hour and realize I am a terrible person.

Chuck

Still without luck
ugh, can't escape star wars images and gifs.

I just want to see the movie when it comes out, not the year running up to it. Is that so much to ask?

sjack

Banned
Am I the only one that actively disliked the trailer? The gravelly sinister voice was already over-done by Benedict Cumberbatch in Star Trek 2, I don't need it here either. The light saber design also looks really dumb, both as a practical (the guy could seriously cut of his hand by mistake) and aesthetic design choice. Couple with the fact that it has the typical, over-used JJ Abrams' trademarks, such as the shaky camera footage with the storm troopers and the whole shot with the Millennium Falcon that tried way too hard to be SO CINEMATIC, my already non-existent excitement for this film has died even further.

That Star Wars footage really did nothing for me. I really have no faith in Abrams to make a good movie after Star Trek and Cloverfield.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm looking forward to the new Star Wars, so we can finally get a new Plinkett review since that's seemingly the only thing that'll force one out of Mike at this point.

justjim89

I've never seen a single Star War, and this new trailer does nothing for me. But hey that's cool for y'all that are into that sort of thing.

AcridMeat

Banned
Cloverfield was good though.
ugh, can't escape star wars images and gifs.

I just want to see the movie when it comes out, not the year running up to it. Is that so much to ask?
I understand your sentiment, but complaining about seeing footage the day the trailer is released is silly.

Cloverfield was good once, that one time being watching in in the cinema. If I could watch that again in D-Box, I would. Only way I'd watch it again.

Star Wars looking fucking fantastic.

AcridMeat

Banned
Cloverfield was good once, that one time being watching in in the cinema. If I could watch that again in D-Box, I would. Only way I'd watch it again.

Star Wars looking fucking fantastic.
I watch most movies once. The theater experience was all I needed, as you said.

The first Abrams Star Trek looked cool as well, my opinions on his films aren't going to be swayed much by trailers anymore. I liked that first Star Trek for the record, didn't see the second.

Aerocrane

Ace Combat team.

At this point Project Aces is just a couple interns at Bandai-Namco updating the free to play Ace Combat Infinity with new tournaments and special planes for whales to waste their money on. Then again, Project Aces did Mach Storm which used the same hardware as Star Wars Battle Pod so maybe some of the PA developers worked on it so if someone was going to make a new Rogue Squadron Project Aces wouldn't be too unlikely choice as the developer except for the part where it will never happen.

OK, Dan is like legit fascinating. He should be studied or something. I was listening to the email part of the latest Bombcast and he says he has never eaten a baked potato. What? Lol. How do you spend your whole life having never eaten a baked potato.

hwy_61

Banned
OK, Dan is like legit fascinating. He should be studied or something. I was listening to the email part of the latest Bombcast and he says he has never eaten a baked potato. What? Lol. How do you spend your whole life having never eaten a baked potato.

Especially being from middle America. Baked potatoes must be a staple in Kansas.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
God damn it Dan, why did you have to mention
Solidus
at the end there.

Its not spoilers. That stuff is revealed in the post credits of MGS1. Both that his name is solidus and that he was the president of the united states. Drew should (theoretically) know already.

Sou Da

Ok I'm a bit new to GiantBomb and all but is there any reason in particular why any video involving Patrick on YT gets a massive shitload of dislikes?

I'm only really on Youtube because I'm not premium and I like HTML5

Dany

Banned
Ok I'm a bit new to GiantBomb and all but is there any reason in particular why any video involving Patrick on YT gets a massive shitload of dislikes?

I'm only really on Youtube because I'm not premium and I like HTML5

because he can be full of himself a bit. thus the disproportional amount of hate

Its not spoilers. That stuff is revealed in the post credits of MGS1. Both that his name is solidus and that he was the president of the united states. Drew should (theoretically) know already.

Ohhh, I forgot that they named him as Solidus in that already. Carry on!

Kirlia

Banned

I have never felt so similar to a person (his eating habits and some of his quirkiness) and so different from a person (his love of Walmart and dismissal of most RPGs).

daydream

Banned
alright, i'm kinda drunk let's do this

pls no star wars talk in here, you guys watch the latest raw or something, pretty crazy huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom