• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was ready to be disappointed with the teaser, and now I'm all the way on board. Triple saber Andy Serkis Wedge Antilles Jr. Ron Paul spooky forest LET'S GO!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
B3kPr-iCYAAnCan.jpg:large

Danny O'Dwyer ‏@dannyodwyer 43m43 minutes ago
Thanksgiving traditions are weird.

Drew's evasion-minded thinking at 20:45 of the latest MGS (running and hopping over the ledge momentarily before moving on) gives me hope.
Before it goes about as bad as it possibly could just a few seconds later.

daydream

Banned
PSA: Poem for Everyone's Souls is still the GOAT

Also, Never Alone seemed pretty neat in the QL, I'd definitely give it a shot. Can't wait to watch the new MGScanlon episode tomorrow. I'm ten times more hooked this time around. Investigation Team would have cracked the Big Shell case by now, though.

Heya Giant Bombers - I'm curious about GB premium.

I'm considering asking for this for Christmas, but they (probably wisely) haven't stated how long until the $35/year deal expires. If my family buys premium for me this weekend, and then gives it to me for Christmas, will I have wasted an entire month -- or do you have to activate it before the year starts ticking?

Also... do you guys and gals find premium worth it? The only bonus podcast I'm interested in is the power bombcast, but it doesn't seem like they do that very regularly (since there are only a handful of episodes). As for the video content, UPF is the only thing that has caught my eye - I usually only watch GB videos that seem like they have the potential for hilarity (i.e. anything with Dan Ryckert in it).

Speaking of Mr. Ryckert, is it possible to filter Quicklooks by who is in them? And/or does anybody have a list of on hand of the best Ryckert QL videos?

Indignate

I'm considering asking for this for Christmas, but they (probably wisely) haven't stated how long until the $35/year deal expires. If my family buys premium for me this weekend, and then gives it to me for Christmas, will I have wasted an entire month -- or do you have to activate it before the year starts ticking?

Also... do you guys and gals find premium worth it? The only bonus podcast I'm interested in is the power bombcast, but it doesn't seem like they do that very regularly (since there are only a handful of episodes). As for the video content, UPF is the only thing that has caught my eye - I usually only watch GB videos that seem like they have the potential for hilarity (i.e. anything with Dan Ryckert in it).

Speaking of Mr. Ryckert, is it possible to filter Quicklooks by who is in them? And/or does anybody have a list of on hand of the best Ryckert QL videos?

You can purchase gift codes.

Yes it's worth it. If you want Ryckert shenanigans, Mario Party has you covered.

Quick Look Filter: qlcrew.com

tchocky

If you go to qlcrew.com you can filter by who is in each video premium is definetly worth it and has the funniest conrtent on the site Since you like Dan you should enjoy the Metal Gear and Demo derbys as well as Mario Party. Powebombcast is only once a month after PPVs. Don't know about delaying the start date try contacting Rorie.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The retinal scan works even for dead guys right? Drew eventually got the orientation right with a live guy, but I'm pretty sure it was the orientation that was key, not the deadness.

Also a rare occasion that Drew was right about the game fucking up, as his perfectly aimed dart went straight through a guy's head, and then his second shot which was half a foot away from the guy's head was the one that actually hit him.

I just recently played through the game. Retinal scan does not work on dead or sleeping guards.

Also, I think the first shot might have hit the guard in the neck, and the second one missed BUT it was timed right with the guard passing out from the first shot.

That was my interpretation anyway.

You can purchase gift codes.

Yes it's worth it. If you want Ryckert shenanigans, Mario Party has you covered.

Quick Look Filter: qlcrew.com

If you go to qlcrew.com you can filter by who is in each video premium is definetly worth it and has the funniest conrtent on the site Since you like Dan you should enjoy the Metal Gear and Demo derbys as well as Mario Party. Powebombcast is only once a month after PPVs. Don't know about delaying the start date try contacting Rorie.

The backlog of content is worth premium.

Truth. There is so much good stuff to be discovered.

Cough cough phantasmagoria cough cough

Goddamn right phantasmagoria.
Well all of this sounds great

If/when I do get premium, what is the best resource to filter through the most recommended backlog material?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I just recently played through the game. Retinal scan does not work on dead or sleeping guards.

Also, I think the first shot might have hit the guard in the neck, and the second one missed BUT it was timed right with the guard passing out from the first shot.

That was my interpretation anyway.

Ah ok, I was wrong about the retinal thing. And that does sound plausible for the darts; I hadn't thought of that.

TraBuch

Banned
I finally got caught up on phase two of the Marvel movies. Is it generally agreed that Guardians of the Galaxy > Captain America: The Winter Soldier > Thor: The Dark World > Iron Man 3?

daydream

Banned
Star Wars, Marvel, Wunder downgraded his avatar - this thread needs to check itself before it wriggedy-wrecks itself.

Ziggurat looks pretty neat.

I thought so, too. I was put off by the generic fantasy setting when looking at it but in motion, it seems great. Not sure I could run it on my laptop, though.

Wunder

Star Wars, Marvel, Wunder downgraded his avatar - this thread needs to check itself before it wriggedy-wrecks itself.

I thought so, too. I was put off by the generic fantasy setting when looking at it but in motion, it seems great. Not sure I could run it on my laptop, though.

HEY

Renpatsu

I don't know how I feel that there are some people who consider Thor 2 a better movie than Iron Man 3 which is basically Marvel's version of an 80s buddy cop action movie.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It's weird that I have not seen a single Marvel movie. I like dumb action movies but for some reason I have not seen a single one of them. No Iron Man, Avengers, Thor, Hulk and whatever else there is. And I don't know why.

SmithnCo

I finally got caught up on phase two of the Marvel movies. Is it generally agreed that Guardians of the Galaxy > Captain America: The Winter Soldier > Thor: The Dark World > Iron Man 3?

I though IM3 was fun despite it's flaws, both Thors are just blahsville imo

"Spend time here?"

"Wha-- what?" "What?" "What?" "What?"

"Welcome home!" "NO I NEED TO GO"

You should play Persona Q on your brother's 3DS, m8.

He got it yesterday! i was just looking at the tarot cards a few hours ago.

I have never played an Etrian game before so i am a bit hesitant on playing Persona Q!

demidar

He got it yesterday! i was just looking at the tarot cards a few hours ago.

I have never played an Etrian game before so i am a bit hesitant on playing Persona Q!

Just do it, you might like or even love it.

Then you'll be in the anime hole mwahahahahaha!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Yeah not a big fan of the art either, but I can totally get into some FPCasting.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I finally read Sphere by Michael Crichton guys, it's the first book i have read in almost a year and it made me want to read more stuff from now. The book was pretty damn good and it dealt with so many interesting themes like the fact that alien life depiction in media is bullshit. Yeah i want that premium podcast so bad right now.

Myggen

I finally read Sphere by Michael Crichton guys, it's the first book i have read in almost a year and it made me want to read more stuff from now. The book was pretty damn good and it dealt with so many interesting themes like the fact that alien life depiction in media is bullshit. Yeah i want that premium podcast so bad right now.

Yup, it's a great book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom