• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brianna is still salty a year later. She posted about how fucked it was that Tomb Raider didn't make the GOTY Top 10 - a place it deserved by virtue of it being written by a woman - and the forums told her she was full of shit.

Not just deserving of top 10, but it was HISTORICALLY IMPORTANT.

What an insufferable human being.

Brianna Wu's a a strange one. Obviously subjected to a lot of gross shit, but she's got a lot of weird... quirks besides that.

I followed her on Twitter, but no longer. Fuck that. Proper strange.

"@Spacekatgal: We're going to go site by site and find out if IGN and Giant Bomb and others hired more women in 2014. There will be names and shames."

Great. Let's dredge this up again. Looking forward to it.............

Just ignore her. She is so often provocative that I'm wondering if she's just trolling at this point.

Myggen

Danny O'Dwyer @dannyodwyer · 2 hours ago

Recorded a decent amount of audio/video out here. None of which is going to help myself or @DanRyckert in any future political careers.

Danny O'Dwyer @dannyodwyer · 2 hours ago

It's mostly audio. I hear some sort of podcast thing featuring it all will be on GB next week. And a really weird video on Dan's YouTube.

"find out" if giant bomb hired women in 2014

they've had so many hires this year, getting to the bottom of it sure is going to take some investigation.

wonder what she'll say about jeff this time

C7OUOCYl.jpg

Excellent.

Megasoum

Banned
"@Spacekatgal: We're going to go site by site and find out if IGN and Giant Bomb and others hired more women in 2014. There will be names and shames."

Great. Let's dredge this up again. Looking forward to it.............

IGN and Gamespot already going full PR mode on that tweet.

Anyway, she already started bashing GB before even writing her piece.

Giantbomb fans can be very defensive and passionate. I would not be surprised if they are among the worst when it comes to harassing women (who criticize gb like Brianna). If I was her I would have a giant chip on my shoulder too

Myggen

Giantbomb fans can be very defensive and passionate. I would not be surprised if they are among the worst when it comes to harassing women (who criticize gb like Brianna). If I was her I would have a giant chip on my shoulder too

Wu's problem with GB goes way back. She was a big fan of the site, but quit following it a couple of years ago because of there not being any women on the staff. Some GB fans (and a whole lot of redditors who only cared about an opportunity to go after a woman during the E3 shit show) going after her on Twitter probably has something to do with it, but it started way before that stuff went down. I respect what she's trying to do, but I unfollowed her on Twitter and generally stopped paying attention to her after the stuff she said about Jeff on the GB forum.

Alfredo

I hope Danny takes special care of whatever SD card or storage device their shenanigans are stored on with a billion backups. We don't want a repeat of the Gaming Journalism Hunger Games. :(

f0rk

Next year Danny should do a poll about which Giant Bomb member's Thanksgiving the community want him to make content about for no real reason

I know this won't be a popular opinion and I'm not 100% serious but it's really pushing into creepy giant bomb territory

These will be exquisite.

Wu's problem with GB goes way back. She was a big fan of the site, but quit following it a couple of years ago because of there not being any women on the staff. Some GB fans (and a whole lot of redditors who only cared about an opportunity to go after a woman during the E3 shit show) going after her on Twitter probably has something to do with it, but it started way before that stuff went down. I respect what she's trying to do, but I unfollowed her on Twitter and generally stopped paying attention to her after the stuff she said about Jeff on the GB forum.

But in a disgustingly excessive way.

Next year Danny should do a poll about which Giant Bomb member's Thanksgiving the community want him to make content about for no real reason

I know this won't be a popular opinion and I'm not 100% serious but it's really pushing into creepy giant bomb territory

what?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Let's move on. Nobody gains anything by discussing this further.

Edit: And by this I obviously mean the Dan&Dad&Dan podcast discussion.

Indignate

I guess Dan clearly doesn't give a shit anyway so who cares, but to me making content out of a holiday like this is just quite close to the "which member would you want as your dad" stuff

I equate Danny's trip to Kansas with Drew's trip to North Korea.

kulapik

Is there going to be another premium sale apart from the one that is going on right now? I don't have the money right now for it...

Myggen

Lisa and Danny compare Irish accents (Extra Life 14), Alexis and Mary talk about Giant Bomb. I've mentioned this before, but that YT user uploaded a bunch of small clips from this year's Extra Life.

Is there going to be another premium sale apart from the one that is going on right now? I don't have the money right now for it...

Yes, there's always a few of those every year. But they're not at set dates. It'll be a few months until the next one, they're usually 4-5 months apart.

daydream

Banned
Lisa and Danny compare Irish accents (Extra Life 14), Alexis and Mary talk about Giant Bomb. I've mentioned this before, but that YT user uploaded a bunch of small clips from this year's Extra Life.

Those are some good moments. Goddamn at Mary's "I would rip out their appendix".

Speaking of Extra Life, I was planning to catch up on Jason & Lisa's segment earlier today, maybe Brad's too, but somehow couldn't muster the motivation. I may not go back to them. The fact their video player seems to be dying at the thought of having to play those 2h videos didn't help, at all; wish they were on YT.

Myggen

Those are some good moments. Goddamn at Mary's "I would rip out their appendix".

Speaking of Extra Life, I was planning to catch up on Jason & Lisa's segment earlier today, maybe Brad's too, but somehow couldn't muster the motivation. I may not go back to them. The fact their video player seems to be dying at the thought of having to play those 2h videos didn't help, at all; wish they were on YT.

You're having problems with the player? Even the 4 hour Jeff/Rorie video ran perfectly for me. Was a moment there a couple of weeks ago where their videos would just stop for me at times (had to do with server issues on GB's end, if I remember the post about it on the bug reporting forum), but haven't seen that since then.

daydream

Banned
Y'all need to understand that Paul is better than Danny.

Why don't you download them m8

Yeah, I may do that. Although, watching 24h+ of (originally streamed) video on my lonesome turned out to be a less than attractive proposition, to my surprise. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood.

You're having problems with the player? Even the 4 hour Jeff/Rorie video ran perfectly for me. Was a moment there a couple of weeks ago where their videos would just stop for me at times (had to do with server issues on GB's end, if I remember the post about it on the bug reporting forum), but haven't seen that since then.

Yeah, I had trouble even getting some videos to start playing, let alone skip to certain moments. I've had zero issues with the player in the past couple of months.

Edit: The videos seem to be running more smoothly now. Maybe I ran into temporary server trouble. Although skipping around is still really unreliable.

grapetile

Neo Member
Toward the end of Jason's stream when they start playing Fibbage is a high point for me personally. Playing Fibbage with Samantha, Ian, Jason and Lisa was pretty cool. Totally understand if people didn't have as much fun watching it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom