• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

so1337

Hang in there through the intro. It's totally worth it.
I don't like jrpgs that much, but that game consumed me.
I have the damn game on my Vita. I just need to play it.
I am not one for investing 90 hours of ones life in a game, but in this case I recommend it highly.
I stopped playing shortly after I beat Yosuke's shadow. Don't know if that's still considered part of the intro. It probably is.

I find the game to be incredibly stressful for some reason.

AcridMeat

Banned
That Persona Q quick look was like a time machine to 09. It was magical.

I know folks said there's an automap function, how would you get to that? I just this week picked up my 3DS for the first time in months and months (went back to Link Between Worlds) and instantly am interested in playing Q.

Thing is, I played through P4 with my friend as the ER was going on, so I think a big aspect of it will be lost if it's just a solo experience.

Oh and this Mario Kart GBeast stream is swell. Thanks to whoever linked it earlier in the thread, reminded me of it and that I hadn't watched it yet.

bonercop

That Persona Q quick look was like a time machine to 09. It was magical.

I know folks said there's an automap function, how would you get to that? I just this week picked up my 3DS for the first time in months and months (went back to Link Between Worlds) and instantly am interested in playing Q.

The options menu. It's not a big secret or anything :p I think you also get a dialogue choice that actives it for you.

I should play Persona 4.

i0wmvJpYLnzVZ.PNG

i own golden and haven't played it yet :(

popo

We are not in for another 3-6 months of relentless hiring speculation are we? 'cause that doesn't sound fun at all.

As far as I know there is less African-American representation at gaming websites than woman representation. I can name like ten plus woman game writers but can only think of Evan at Kotaku as far as black games writers go. N'Gai was killing it when he was doing his thing but he went into consulting.

Imagine if they hired Hip Hop Gamer.

Xater

So how many hours of GOTY podcast will we get this year? What do you guys figure?

I feel like with so many guys there and a weak year in gaming it could get quite long.

Mully

Guys. I got the job.

On a serious note. If they're hiring a news editor, they are likely looking for someone with a large amount of experience reporting game news. They don't want a young guy coming in. Jeff and Patrick have already said they were not looking to train anyone during the last round of hirings. I'm assuming it's the same thing here, especially since they'll be working on their own out of the NY office. They want someone that knows their shit and can handle themselves on camera.

Expect someone we kinda know, that's worked either within the games or tech industry for years and has a lot of contacts.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fuck, I can't believe how much I miss the Jeff/Vinny combo. There's a small part of me that wishes they could use subscriber money to fly Vinny into SF once a month to have him do QLs with Jeff again.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
So how many hours of GOTY podcast will we get this year? What do you guys figure?

I feel like with so many guys there and a weak year in gaming it could get quite long.

I make it 10 and 3/4 hrs last year.

I say 12 hours this year.

FStop7

Banned
During last night's drivestream Alex suggested that Jeff do the following for the next Giant Bomb Gaming Minute:

Start off with "This is the current state of video games."

Then play a minute of clips of people screaming and speaking in terrifying Latin from Event Horizon.

Then wrap with "This has been the Giant Bomb Gaming Minute!"

I am so strongly in favor of this.

daydream

Banned
This Persona QL really is like a lost ER episode. So bittersweet.

every week i'm sadden the bombcast OT post isn't themed around Polar Bear Cafe.

We have a list with future theme ideas. Polar Bear Cafe is the second thing I put on that list.

Not till 2015, though.
Oh god..

popo

Based on current news, Sasha Grey could guest on a Metal Gear Scanlon.

Kojima cast Kiefer because he wanted to hang out with a hollywood actor. Kojima cast Sasha Grey because he wanted to ...

Actually, she wasn't that bad in Saints Row 3 if I remember correctly.

valeo

So what I'm gathering from this inane wanking that happened overnight is that you guys are more concerned about the race/gender of a potential hire over experience/work ability? That sounds kind of discriminatory to me.

Oh god, not this again. These kind of comments completely miss the point.

Corgi

Banned
listened to bayo 2 talk on the podcast... shit might actually win goty solely because its a 60 dollar game that jeff doesn't shit talk about in 2014.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
So they haven't said anything publicly about the position haven't they?

I may be proven wrong, but I feel like they might just keep quiet about it this time, rather than engaging the community/encouraging people to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom