• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Listening to the couch peanut gallery giving all this bad advice for Bloodbourne is pretty funny, chat is losing their minds lol.

Chat is the worst during Souls streams. Everyone is a loud as hell Souls expert but often is as wrong as the GB guys are about stuff.

I've been in a few chats while people play Bloodborne, and it's been mostly cordial/helpful. It's way different than the commentary I've seen around DS and DSII.

Oh strange, I just remember the chat/comment section during the previous Souls series GB has done.

Armchair From Software developers come out of the woodwork during any Souls stream, it's the same during Jeff Green's streams too. These games have such different viable play styles and strategies that no one person is right.

Brad's mostly correct about the weapon preference stuff, but the Saw weapons are like the only exception. They have junk scaling.

Edit: You can hear certain sneak attack enemies breathing if you're wearing headphones.

Anjin M

How the hell did Dan not know about incorporating the transforming weapon into your combos!?

I know about it, but I rarely think to do it. Of course, I'm using the threaded cane. I usually just use the different modes for single enemy or crowd control.

Liamc723

I know about it, but I rarely think to do it. Of course, I'm using the threaded cane. I usually just use the different modes for single enemy or crowd control.

I find it useful when fighting tougher enemies to do more damage.

He knows about it, they talked about it on a Bombcast. Probably just never uses it.

But he just acted completely surprised when Brad told him about it.

Brad's giving good advice, to be fair.

Ive found the cane to not scale as well as the saw Jeff's using. I'm using the axe occasionally but I like the swifter weapons.

I wonder if health recovery even after an enemy is dead and you keep swinging is intentional or a bug.

- J - D -

The great benefit of watching this stream having not played the game yet is that I can enjoy this with the benefit of not worrying about what's wrong/bad advice.

popo

Both of them have barely have a surface level understanding of the mechanics in these games.

wpid-wp-1419233527071.jpeg

Jintor

i've come to the conclusion it doesn't matter how much of the game you understand, so long as you're having a good time

If ever you were not going to have chat open for a stream...

The level to which a great deal of the fanbase for these games is up their own ass is just astounding.

Myggen

If ever you were not going to have chat open for a stream...

The level to which a great deal of the fanbase for these games is up their own ass is just astounding.

Yeah, I learnt that with people just bitching about how Vinny was "playing the game wrong" when he was going tank in Dark Souls.

Scanning the environment for all manner of visual cues, attack patterns and their interrupt frames, staggering, charge attacks, general item usage, stat investment.

But they know how to stagger, (Brad did that a lot during the QL) charge, probably the visual cues of enemies they've fought. This is just Jeff playing for the first time.

What are they missing?

Scanning the environment for all manner of visual cues, attack patterns and their interrupt frames, staggering, charge attacks, aggro, general item usage, stats...

The person who should be communicating the game's mechanics to Jeff as somebody who knows his way around a videogame but hasn't messed with Souls games before would be Jason.

Scanning the environment for all manner of visual cues, attack patterns and their interrupt frames, staggering, charge attacks, aggro, general item usage, stats...
But...Jeff literally just started the game. It's more fun to learn these games than read a wiki or be told all the leet stratz!

In my opinion at least.

They should really open the shortcut through the dark house before they fight the boss. Also, he should buy that armor.

Jeff is actually really good for a first time player. Some people just get video games.

But...Jeff literally just started the game. It's more fun to learn these games than read a wiki or be told all the leet stratz!

In my opinion at least.

Which is kind of what's driving my comments, Jeff already seems to be significantly more competent at the game than the rest of the couch, let him play and have somebody who can give good answers there for any questions he may have.

Basically, Jeff x Jason Bloodborne premium run please.

Jeff *is* Potato Marshall! He does love griefing as Spelunky showed us.

Yeah Sleeping, the framerate is poop.

[EDIT - That's a feature I'd be in for, Mickey!]

def sim

Jeff is proactive and assertive in action games. This helps him out very much!

Is my stream being weird, or is the framerate in this game just that inconsistent?

The game does have the occasional drop and a more consistent frame pacing issue. The stream is probably making it worse than it is.

See I played the game two days before EU release and I had no wheelchair warning! I enjoyed slaughtering him the fifty or so times after.

[EDIT - If Jeff uses his oil and molotovs wisely, he may walk this.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom