• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

Witnessing Jeff play Bloodborne is like your parents taking you to Disneyland: It happens once in a blue moon and most of the time your parents are miserable during the stay.

MG310

I'd like to think Dan's injury was caused by a week straight of aggressive sign waving at wrestling.

The things he sacrifices to spread the word of Waluigi.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh motherfucker, why is the managed livestream showing the norcal regionals?

Was hoping on catching up Unpro Frids.

I don't get the camera complaints for Bloodborne. At no point during my playthrough was it ever an issue and if anything I thought it was way too far out in most scenarios which didn't impede playability but made it harder to appreciate textures. Now Ninja Gaiden is an example of a series that actually has an unbelievably terrible camera system.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It just so happened that Jeff seemed to catch the worst of the camera when he was playing. It's usually completely fine.

I don't get the camera complaints for Bloodborne. At no point during my playthrough was it ever an issue and if anything I thought it was way too far out in most scenarios which didn't impede playability but made it harder to appreciate textures. Now Ninja Gaiden is an example of a series that actually has an unbelievably terrible camera system.

I think the fact that the camera can collide with objects leading to it messing up the view (most noticeable in area's with tombstones or tight corridors like the CB arena) combined with the fact that some people want to blame something other than themselves to vent frustration and the camera is the easiest target, leads to the hyperbole with the camera system. It's not perfect, but it's certainly good enough to function properly.

erawsd

That first boss is the only one I can recall being annoyed by the camera. Its really a consequence of the huge enemy+narrow space. Every other large boss is fought in an equally large space.

Curufinwe

Yeah, you learn there's ways to work around it by not backing yourself into corners or getting too close to very big enemies etc. It's basically the same for a lot of 3rd person action games like Souls, Revengeance and such.

Revengeance certainly had some camera issues, but was still a great game.

No_Style

It is puzzling that From chose to expose the weaknesses of their camera on the first boss. Thankfully it gets better from there.

Go to Burger King and get some chicken fries instead.

I don't like chicken fries. Not enough chicken for me.

Though if they're still doing like the 1.50 thing for a 10 piece nugget I might go there instead.

Go all in and get both... and a pizza.

Jeff's Randy Orton impersonation was great.

That's too much! Even though I'll be walking around for 12 straight hours waiting and carrying heavy trays, I'll probably throw up halfway through.

tchocky

Cara Ellison ‏@caraellison
im back in NYC and im pretty happy about it tbh, i think it's my city, i love everyone here, i love them

BanGy.nz

Banned
That's too much! Even though I'll be walking around for 12 straight hours waiting and carrying heavy trays, I'll probably throw up halfway through.
I'm not sure it's possible to eat that amount of fast food without your heart exploding.

Cara Ellison ‏@caraellison
im back in NYC and im pretty happy about it tbh, i think it's my city, i love everyone here, i love them

IT'S HAPPENING!
it's not happening

Mully

It'd be amazing if Patrick's departure was planned by GB, so that he can pull a WWE heel turn at Kotaku, and return to GB live on the Big Big Live Show Live.

Bring back the belt Patrick!

convo

Jeff being decent at the intro to Bloodborne isn't that shocking but i don't think he alone as one person can brave through the game alone, someone would need to help him out on the basics of the game. He is the last guy i expect to be patient on the long run with the game. Did the others say anything to help him? If this actually becomes a breaking Jeff, than that would take priority over reforming Dan's eating habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom