• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anjin M

We put quite a lot of hard work into that submission -- making an online game is difficult! With that said, there are still some major bugs to be fixed. I'm planning on releasing a update in a couple days to try to address them, and also to patch in the voice acting I received from the guys which had to be cut because of the deadline.
Crispy! This was you? Very cool. I can't wait to look at this.
Dammit, I meant Drew. I can't get stupid sexy Jeff out of my mind..
I have the same problem.
OMG!!

METAL GEAR SOLID 4

PLAY IT SOON

OMG

OMG

IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME

The only reason I want Drew to play MGS4 soon is so that he can play MGSV at launch and talk about it on the cast.

Cara confirmed
doing something, somewhere

I hope she gets to do something awesome, wherever she ends up. Cara is supercool.

If Jeff teases the hiring too soon, like he did with Dan and Jason, I'm going to jump to conclusions.

Myggen

"This is an abhorrent piece of shit"

Sky Battles needs to be added as one of Alex's favourite games in the OP.

If Jeff teases the hiring too soon, like he did with Dan and Jason, I'm going to jump to conclusions.

Highly doubt there'll be any teasing. If I was a betting man I'd bet on the announcement just being an article and/or the person showing up in a stream. Nothing fancy.

Anjin M

Highly doubt there'll be any teasing. If I was a betting man I'd bet on the announcement just being an article and/or the person showing up in a stream. Nothing fancy.

Considering what happened last times, I'm inclined to agree with you.

But I'd really, really like it if he did it anyway.

Tucah

you speak so well

Something like this is my guess too, maybe the premiere of a new GBEast podcast with the new guy/gal.

2741182-mgs0312.jpg

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Man I bought twewy on ebay and it's been sitting on my shelf for years. I should get around to playing it

this is one of the few games in my life that I was physically unable to play

with my screwed up wrist and what it asked of my hands, it hurt too much

That sucks :(

TWEWY is like the only game I know of that's perfect whether you're right handed or left (like me). It was like the perfect control scheme.

it's on ipad and i should probably finish it one of these days but everybody said "noooooo that version sucks" so i got kinda sad and gave up

I wasn't around gaf prior to late 2009, so I've always wondered about how MGS4 won gaf goty TWICE. How does this even happen?

Basically, people are silly, because like look at what came out that year:

Rock Band 2
No More Heroes
The World Ends With You
Valkyria Chronicles
Dead Space
Far Cry 2
Persona 4
Mirror's Edge
Wii Fit
Burnout Paradise
The Last Remnant
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

yes, it's not even the best Konami game released that year

it's on ipad and i should probably finish it one of these days but everybody said "noooooo that version sucks" so i got kinda sad and gave up

I didn't enjoy the combat of Solo Remix as much as the DS version, but its still great and added amazing new songs. Too late now if you updated to a new version of iOS though because fuck Square Enix.

Rock Band 2
No More Heroes
The World Ends With You
Valkyria Chronicles
Dead Space
Far Cry 2
Persona 4
Mirror's Edge
Wii Fit
Burnout Paradise
The Last Remnant

- legit contender
- niche audience at best
- sure
- fun game, niche audience, it was hard to find on top of all that
- sure
- most people hated that game for the reasons it was noteworthy and... GAF reasons
- GOAT
- eh
- lol
- sure
- never played it
- secret best DS castlevania game

- J - D -

Rock Band 2
No More Heroes
The World Ends With You
Valkyria Chronicles
Dead Space
Far Cry 2
Persona 4
Mirror's Edge
Wii Fit
Burnout Paradise
The Last Remnant

I could hear legit arguments for most of these games. Burnout Paradise is game-of-the-generation tier.

Rock Band 2
No More Heroes
The World Ends With You
Valkyria Chronicles
Dead Space
Far Cry 2
Persona 4
Mirror's Edge
Wii Fit
Burnout Paradise
The Last Remnant

Rock Band 2 - never played it
No More Heroes - YES
The World Ends With You - greatest ever
Valkyria Chronicles - YES
Dead Space - never played it
Far Cry 2 - never played it
Persona 4 - no
Mirror's Edge - never played it
Wii Fit - YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Burnout Paradise - amazing
The Last Remnant - never played it
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - I really need to start working on my GBA/DS Castlevania backlog. Especially after how much I enjoyed SotN

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I wasn't around gaf prior to late 2009, so I've always wondered about how MGS4 won gaf goty TWICE. How does this even happen?

Hipsters. Ruining everything, voting for terrible games ironically. Enough of them do it and suddenly people get the mistaken idea that MGS4 isn't garbage.

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - I really need to start working on my GBA/DS Castlevania backlog. Especially after how much I enjoyed SotN

Circle of the moon is kind of a bad game. and if it's not a bad game, then it's a terrible follow-up to SotN

Harmony of Dissonance was pretty good for it's time. definitely moved in the right direction. maybe doesn't hold up great these days.

Aria of Sorrow is one of the best castlevania games of all time. like, top 3 material?

people could make an argument that Dawn of Sorrow was the best one on DS, but frankly it was just more Aria of Sorrow, not as fresh, and probably not even as good.

Portrait of Ruin had some real nice art and some cool ideas but was largely forgettable. it was also absurdly easy.

OoE took the best parts of its predecessors, mixed them up in some really cool ways, and it's hard as balls until you get the hang of it. the mechanics are great, the level design is strong, and there's a lot of content. i freaking love this game

people could make an argument that Dawn of Sorrow was the best one, but frankly it was just more Aria of Sorrow, not as fresh, and probably not even as good.

Portrait of Ruin had some real nice art and some cool ideas but was largely forgettable. it was also absurdly easy.

OoE took the best parts of its predecessors, mixed them up in some really cool ways, and it's hard as balls until you get the hang of it. the mechanics are great, the level design is strong, and there's a lot of content. i freaking love this game

I just bought Aria of Sorrow on the Wii U VC and plan on going through that first. I've heard from a lot of people that its the best. Any recommendations for which ones are must plays? Or should I just play all of them in release order?

I just bought Aria of Sorrow on the Wii U VC and plan on going through that first. I've heard from a lot of people that its the best. Any recommendations for which ones are must plays? Or should I just play all of them in release order?

yeah I edited it to include the GBA games

I'd say the essentials are AoS, DoS, and OoE. but if you have the time and desire, PoR is, despite some flaws, a decent game.

yeah I edited it to include the GBA games

I'd say the essentials are AoS, DoS, and OoE. but if you have the time and desire, PoR is, despite some flaws, a decent game.

Thanks, saved it for later. I don't really have a problem with going back to older games in a series, so I'll give the others a try if I have time, but those three will be the priority.

I'll probably start AoS after I get through Advanced Wars and Bloodborne.

No More Heroes is a special game to me

I don't know why, but I find it incredibly fascinating and really fucking cool

might just be the music

I'm with you, I (somewhat unsurprisingly probably) have a fondness for Suda51 games, but I dunno, past aesthetics, NMH never really stuck with me. I bought the ps3 version not long ago, hoping that playing it with normal people controls would make me like it more... but I've never even opened it for some reason. it was like $6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom