• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Drew just beat MGS3?!

Looks like it.

6iroih5.png

justjim89

I've only played halfway through MGS4 and maybe half of Peace Walker, so Metal Gear Scanlon is getting into uncharted territory for me.

Do you think MGS3's ending made Drew tear up? That shit broke me when I first played it. It was 2AM in my parents' basement and I was just in my boxers weeping. That horribly plaintive credits song didn't help.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
MGS4 will be great, because instead of waiting a week between recording sessions to forget all the mechanics, Drew will just have to wait a week between cut scenes where he can forget all of the mechanics.

Mupod

i'd say avoid MGS4 more but either way the guy is gonna hate life.

I just wanna say that I was at least as terrible at MGS2 and 3 as Drew is from what I've watched (on part 5 of MGS3), but I had no problems with 4. I don't know, maybe it just took that long for the post-MGS2 gameplay to click with me, or maybe the gameplay/controls just made more sense. I have other issues with 4, namely that despite having great basic gameplay, you never get to use it because every level is some dumb setpiece/scripted/terribly designed nonsense. But I didn't experience the frustration I did with 2 and 3.

Like Drew I always TRIED to play the games 'correctly' but then after ages of sitting still in some bushes I'd get found out and either kill myself or just shoot everybody. But I'd feel annoyed either way unless I managed to successfully sneak through an area. I know Dan says you can play it any way you want but I didn't like having to do it that way - although it was pretty funny how the Sorrow was basically Dead Rising for me. I can only imagine what Drew's is gonna be like.

Why haven't they started MGS 4 yet? What am I paying my subscription for...???

(That's my passive-aggressive way of suggesting, don't expect it until after E3!).

klonere

Banned
i went from having MGS4 being in my top 5 greatest of all time to thinking that it is absolute trash

i cant wait for drews reaction to the opening sequence which has 20 mins of cutscenes into jumping off the truck, crawling under another truck into another 30 mins of cutscenes

Zebetite

Banned
I hope Drew cried, at least a little.

I won't be writing any stupid-long recap posts for this game, because its ending is pretty straight-forward. Just a good ol' fashioned 8000-megaton bomb of sadness and intrigue.

I can't imagine Drew would have bothered tweeting about it if he didn't appreciate the ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom