• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
or you could have been instructed to carry the music box and a full batch of molotovs and done fine. took me about 4 times, but got him on my fifth with that strategy and very little parrying.

The music box is nice but he moves so fast that it's actually really difficult to use.

Egg0

Banned
I found out after I beat Father G, that there was a music box. Although that fight wouldn't be as intense if you stun him with the music box. As oppose to him constantly pressuring me the whole fight.

Anjin M

What the heck is happening in this thread? I just got caught up after the weekend and it wasn't a total crap hole. WeekendGAF isn't living up to its reputation.

Also, Vinny is a force multipler. He takes what ever energy is in the room and puts it out x10.

edit://

I had to bring in help for the Father G fight. I never did figure out how to survive the third phase on my own. Hell, I even died just as he did, so I have never ever survived that fight.

Alex is improving all the time i think he has the potential to be truly great all his problems are about relaxing into the vibe and he's making great strides. everyone else has so much more screen time even though he's been around he hasn't done that much of the quick look stuff over the last 6 years.
he's funny knows stuff and has an interesting personality he just has to loose a tiny bit of self loathing (not too much just enough to get confidence in his jokes) and get the hang of vinnys improv thing and he will be all over it.

its still the weekend right?

He's also the best writer on the staff by a longshot. His Guns of Navarro columns were my some of my favorite Giant Bomb content when they were running. I'm glad he's getting more time onscreen now that Vinny's over there with him.

Bacon

I found out after I beat Father G, that there was a music box. Although that fight wouldn't be as intense if you stun him with the music box. As oppose to him constantly pressuring me the whole fight.

Yeah I haven't heard of the music box until just now in this thread and I was able to beat Father G. Buncha softies in here

Tucah

you speak so well
What the heck is happening in this thread? I just got caught up after the weekend and it wasn't a total crap hole. WeekendGAF isn't living up to its reputation.

Jeff's playing Bloodborne, everyone got confused and forgot it was the weekend.

Before clicking that link I knew it would be about amiibos it is all he seems to tweet about anymore. Last gen it was complaining about virtual console lineup outside of Japan and this gen it's amiibo stock.

watching several people go from "heh, amiibos are stupid, I'm just buying them ironically" to full-blown amiibo despair has been a weird source of joy for me over the last few months

amiibos are so useless tho. I can kinda get skylanders and the infinity stuff because there are games built around them and they can alter the gameplay in significant ways.

but amiibos? just admit that you like paying for overpriced and underproduced capsule toys and you'll be better for it.

Man, sucks that we probably have to wait till release for them to cover MKX. Some people already have copies.

it's ok, it's gonna be like a full month or more of MKX coverage if MK9 was anything to go by. Is MK9 the only Vita game to get 5 stars from GB?

seems the rayman games also got 5 stars and that's it.

edit: damn, their last Vita review was Tearaway. Poor vita : /

TraBuch

Banned
I feel like Jeff is going to mention Bloodborne in the bombcast but it'll just be about how frustrating it was getting caught on gravestones against Daddy G.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
InuYasha? Has there ever been an Inuyasha game? Has it ever even once come up in a piece of Giant Bomb content? That one is baffling. Is it just the first result if you type anime in the search bar?

it's ok, it's gonna be like a full month or more of MKX coverage if MK9 was anything to go by. Is MK9 the only Vita game to get 5 stars from GB?

seems the rayman games also got 5 stars and that's it.

edit: damn, their last Vita review was Tearaway. Poor vita : /

True. I can imagine them just playing MKX for the whole show on Friday.

InuYasha? Has there ever been an Inuyasha game? Has it ever even once come up in a piece of Giant Bomb content? That one is baffling. Is it just the first result if you type anime in the search bar?

according to GB, 7 games, most recent was a DS game in 2007

I have no idea

Well thats my bi-yearly reminder that there is a entire wiki on giant bomb DOT com.

Forget sometimes that entire side of the site is there.

blame their site, this is what i get when i sort vita reviews starting with the newest review.
XeRBrqV.png

maybe they just want to move on and put patrick behind them since he broke jeff's heart or something.

tchocky

blame their site, this is what i get when i sort vita reviews starting with the newest review.

maybe they just want to move on and put patrick behind them since he broke jeff's heart or something.

It's because the review is labelled Playstation Network Vita and not just Vita.

klonere

Banned
The 8 - 4 guys were talking about what Miyazaki should do outside of the Souls games.

There is one franchise that has languished, a failed MMO, a franchise whose last entry was replete with atmosphere, a world that felt connected, that never gave you the full story, where everything felt hopeless as you were a pawn wandering from one situation that you didn't fully grasp to another.

I'm talking bout

Vampire_-_The_Masquerade_%E2%80%93_Bloodlines_Coverart.png

The 8 - 4 guys were talking about what Miyazaki should do outside of the Souls games.

There is one franchise that has languished, a failed MMO, a franchise whose last entry was replete with atmosphere, a world that felt connected, that never gave you the full story, where everything felt hopeless as you were a pawn wandering from one situation that you didn't fully grasp to another.

I'm talking bout

Since Kojima left, Silent Hill could use a new frontrunner. Miyazaki could probably do some cool stuff with it.

I'm talking bout

I don't think there's a more bizarre fit for Miyazaki. A CRPG beloved for its choice and consequences and conversation systems?

I'm talking bout

I look forward to Armored Soul: Core Edition where massive robots are trying to become unhollowed in a dire and desperate world where you seek to protect your oil echoes from villainous enemy cores.

Potato Marshal will be pleased.

Frith

He's also the best writer on the staff by a longshot. His Guns of Navarro columns were my some of my favorite Giant Bomb content when they were running. I'm glad he's getting more time onscreen now that Vinny's over there with him.

Yeah totally agree i went back and read them recently and its a real shame he doesn't tackle something big ish once a month. He talks like an adult and not like a pseudy arse, a tightrope which so many others fail to be able to manage.

CrispyLovesYou

Neo Member
So this popped up on twitter and I'm not sure if it's been posted yet.

Bombduders

We put quite a lot of hard work into that submission -- making an online game is difficult! With that said, there are still some major bugs to be fixed. I'm planning on releasing a update in a couple days to try to address them, and also to patch in the voice acting I received from the guys which had to be cut because of the deadline.

Liamc723

That episode of Danswers has really motivated me to want to lose some weight. Since starting university I've put on so much weight, and I really need to shift it. I think I'll join a gym in my final year and get rid of it.

Mupod

Just watched last week's UPF, legit impressed by Jeff's run on bloodborne. Would be a damn shame if he stopped there after such a successful first try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom