• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked No More Heroes a lot, but the thing about making a large chunk of your game terrible in "satire" of other games is that you still made a large chunk of your game terrible

post-54731-chow-yun-fat-thumbs-up-gif-Img-uDN9.gif

Patryn

They really should do the Game of the Generation thing.

Watching Jeff attempting to hold out against Red Dead would be great.

Then again we all know the real answer is Mass Effect.

Jeff would hold out hard for Burnout Paradise and if its between that and Mass Effect then I'm all in on team Burnout.

metal gear solid 4 would win

they would hold it at the end of the year, once drew was graced by MGS4

a team of Dan and Drew will devour Giant Bomb in its entirety

Curufinwe

Burnout Paradise isn't even the best Burnout game. Or the best Criterion racer last gen. Jeff just has an overload of nostalgia for it because it was his unemployed game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Big Rigs lack of boundaries and collision is actually the developer's message about the open nature of video gaming as a medium. How you are only as restricted as your imagination. That you can drive backwards through the entire race further cements this game's metaphorical message. You can go where you want, when you want, how you want.

Burnout Paradise isn't even the best Burnout game. Or the best Criterion racer last gen. Jeff just has an overload of nostalgia for it because it was his unemployed game.

What ever happened to that amazing crash mode anyways, with the slow-mo and the crazy explosions and ugh, god, I wish I had a modern day version of that gametype.

Tucah

you speak so well
What ever happened to that amazing crash mode anyways, with the slow-mo and the crazy explosions and ugh, god, I wish I had a modern day version of that gametype.

I love Burnout Paradise but I would kill for another Burnout game with a crash mode.

I love Burnout Paradise but I would kill for another Burnout game with a crash mode.

yes, thank you

that's the biggest failure in that series' evolution; they finally figured out how to do things without ridiculous load times... only to not use that information to make a better crash mode

Tucah

you speak so well
yes, thank you

that's the biggest failure in that series' evolution; they finally figured out how to do things without ridiculous load times... only to not use that information to make a better crash mode

I remember when the Burnout Crash name got leaked and I got so hyped that it would just be Paradise engine with a crash mode or something.

Then it wasn't and I was sad.

danm999

Big Rigs lack of boundaries and collision is actually the developer's message about the open nature of video gaming as a medium. How you are only as restricted as your imagination. That you can drive backwards through the entire race further cements this game's metaphorical message. You can go where you want, when you want, how you want.

In a society where we all wear impersonal masks to hide the true nature of our sicknesses, the only reliable metric for judging one is one's actions.

We see it as early as childhood, where children are given participation awards for simply existing and converting oxygen into carbon dioxide. They are not being constructed as individuals, but participators. A verb rapidly becomes all they have to offer, and indeed, all they need to offer.

Name, gender, sexual preference, race, all these distractions slip away and we not only become defined by our actions, we become them. It becomes the only possible, and only relevant means of identity. Thus, you are not a winner, YOU ARE WINNER.

I hope Criterion ends building something Crash mode-esque into their new game that has planes and crap. With how much of a shell of their former selves Criterion has become though I don't have high hopes for it.

I hope Criterion ends building something Crash mode-esque into their new game that has planes and crap. With how much of a shell of their former selves Criterion has become though I don't have high hopes for it.

man I'll be shocked if that thing isn't some horseshit free to play nonsense that fails on every possible level

that E3 video was just mindbendingly depressing

"we've uh, got ideas. and we're going to put these ideas into a game. we don't know what that game is yet. but ideas."

Tucah

you speak so well

I've pretty much given all hope that Criterion will make another game as good as their highlights.

danm999

ME2 won the Giant Bomb Community GoTG didn't it? IIRC it beat out Dark Souls.

P4G and play along with the Endurance Run.

P4G
Real Definitive Version of the game
You should watch the endurance run even after playing it
P4 Anime is garbage no watch

Play the game. P4 or P4G. Though I didn't care much for the P4G content (I didn't care for the game in general either).

Endurance run is probably great but I haven't seen it yet.

P4G. The PS2 version is in second, then the endurance run in third. But P4G is the best way to experience P4 by far.

Thanks all. Just watching the ER at work in the background I'm already on part 5. I'll see if I can get time to play the vita game too.

Mully

I wonder how they would frame the Game of the Generation discussion.

Would it be best overall game? Would it be the most influential game?

Tucah

you speak so well
I wonder how they would frame the Game of the Generation discussion.

Would it be best overall game? Would it be the most influential game?

It would have to be best overall because most influential is automatically MW.

I'll say an upside of playing destiny is being able to put the bombcast/danswers in the background while I play it.(Or foreground, I use a headset and have the Destiny noise in teh background.) It's a bit mindless like that.

Rainmaker

Banned
It absolutely baffles me that people are still playing Destiny. Like, what are you doing? There's a guy on my friends list who is always playing the game to this day and it blows my mind. I was done with that game after a week.

It has problems for sure. I won't defend it although I think they've made a few improvements... but it feels really good to play and is something I can mess around with along with my two friends who play. I genuinely enjoy it. The raids are fun when you get the right group and it was fun/frustrating trying to get the loot I wanted. Maybe I'm just a dipshit though! I'm hoping the sequel really expands on it in the right way because it really has a lot of potential. I get people knocking on it.

Tucah

you speak so well
I lost two insight due to connection issues. That was the best.

I've lost a few because the game kicks you if you try and summon someone after resuming from sleep mode. Kind of frustrating but I have a ton of insight/insight items so it wasn't a huge deal.

Anjin M

I've lost a few because the game kicks you if you try and summon someone after resuming from sleep mode. Kind of frustrating but I have a ton of insight/insight items so it wasn't a huge deal.
Is that the reason? I'll keep that in mind.
Don't worry about Insight. You'll have plenty throughout the game.
I hope so. I freak out about non-farmable resources. Human effigies bothered me a lot until I figured out how to break the system.
I'm having trouble getting rid of all this insight. I feel bad just for wasting it on garbage.

Got like 40+ madman knowledge in my inventory right now.
I guess I have a bunch too. Hmm. I'll try not to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom