• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzyset

Place your bets for the MGS3 ending, folks!

Option 1: Dan stays silent, Drew tears up
Option 2: Dan tears up, Drew silently appreciates it
Option 3: Both tear up
Option 4: Drew is disappointed at the lack of Kojima insanity, Dan laughs and makes fun of how sappy it is.
Option 5: They both silently appreciate the somber moment
Option 6: They both laugh it off

I'm torn between 1 and 5.

I preemptively have something in my throat.

If Dan doesn't get a little tear during
the epic Big Boss salute
, he's no true MGS fan.

Zornack

Pull a Clue the Movie and have separate versions of the film with a different people playing The Boss depending on where you see it.

Zebetite

Banned
realtalk: there are going to be ENTIRE episodes of mgs4 that are just cutscenes, wonder how they're gonna handle it

commentary on the boss: i've beaten MGS3 at least 15 times and i still dont know how to reliably parry the boss' cqc attacks, its an extremely tight window

hamchan

Haha after Drew has a safe thermal sniper strategy that has worked to take off 60% of her health with no damage taken:

"How about I run up to her and shoot her."

Zebetite

Banned
neither drew nor dan commenting on the fact that ocelot's been intentionally carrying around a 9mm blank for the entire game and trying to shoot snake with it

cmon yall step up your games

Xeteh

neither drew nor dan commenting on the fact that ocelot's been intentionally carrying around a 9mm blank for the entire game and trying to shoot snake with it

cmon yall step up your games

They also forgot that EVA defected from the US too.

Zebetite

Banned
snake's mission wasn't the retrieve the legacy and his COs denied any knowledge of its existence, the boss just offloaded it on snake and figured he'd be smart enough not to lose it

oops big boss is kind of an idiot

That ending bruh...

Crying.gif

Zebetite

Banned
"There are moments of BRILLIANCE, and then moments of sheer frustration. But they're-- they are special games. And... I love 'em!"

glad drew's still enjoying himself!

To be fair, it is confusing.

Solidus, in being President, was made aware of the Patriots' existence, and wanted to throw a wrench in their plans because he doesn't like the idea of America being ruled by a shadowy cabal. To this end, as his term comes to an end, he sends Ocelot to incite Liquid's rebellion and make off with REX's test data in the ensuing chaos, and subsequently leak the data to the world at large so that the Patriots can't control that data.

Incidentally, the Patriots are hard at work on a system to control all the world's data, rendering tools of conventional warfare (i.e. metal gears) totally worthless, so they don't really give a shit and let Ocelot go along with it so that he can remain close to Solidus to implement the testing for the S3 plan.

Not at all disagreeing, it's a jumbled mess of crazy conspiracy shit. MGS4 is only going to make it even worse (like it does virtually everything about the series)!

If I recall right, Solidus had Armstech and the DARPA Chief make Metal Gear REX and the stealth nuke railgun system, then sent Ocelot (who was actually working for the Patriots) to provoke Liquid into inciting the Shadow Moses Incident and recover REX and/or the REX Test data.

Personally, I'd like to see Metal Gear Scanlon 4 kick off on June 12, exactly 7 years after the launch of that game in 2008. My God, what an event that was.

Right before E3? So Drew can start the game and then not play it for a month?
Oh boy, is E3 really that close? Well, it's not like E3 is gonna take all June, what are you talking about a month for •-•

... Actually, episode 1 could be the full install and then watching the Act I briefing in its entirety with the Metal Gear Mk. II interactive bits. You only get the first chunk of the briefing in the course of the game, after all.

... ACTUALLY actually, MGS4 has that virtual range and Drew could mess around with the guns and controls in that too.

Ah whatever.

I think it works much better when you pick the wrong gun.
Yeah I always liked the scene where Ocelot shoots.

Plus it's the way you unlock the SAA to use in a New Game+.

hamchan

Can probably take a long long break until the MGS4 run. Maybe wait until near the end of the year. Think of a new premium series.

That was a great finale. I think Drew cried.

So I'm watching episode 10 of Breaking Brad, where Brad gets help from the 'blacksmith'. Goddamn Vinny is so confused haha

An-Det

Damn that was good, a fitting end to Season 3. I had forgotten a lot of the later stuff, so that was a treat. Plus I never knew that the MGS database on PSN changed what it showed if you did or didn't have an MGS4 save, that's a really nice touch. Was that ever updated with new info once Peace Walker or Ground Zeroes released?

Zebetite

Banned
Damn that was good, a fitting end to Season 3. I had forgotten a lot of the later stuff, so that was a treat. Plus I never knew that the MGS database on PSN changed what it showed if you did or didn't have an MGS4 save, that's a really nice touch. Was that ever updated with new info once Peace Walker or Ground Zeroes released?

no, and its chock-full of information that was inaccurate at the time of its release

it isnt worth anyone's time, much less someone who's already confused about metal gear lore to begin with

Hopefully Dan and Drew look at some of the secret theater clips, at the very least they need to watch Snake Eraser.

metal gear sigint is where it's truly at

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
What a great game. Ive been a casual fan of the MGS series at best, but 3 is one of my favorite games ever.

Giving Drew a decent break and coming back post-E3 seems like the best idea. Hopefully the two of them think up a new series in the meantime. Drew and Dan work really well together.

Harpuia

Aww, the salute at the end. I can't wait until MGS4. At the very least, I think Drew won't have as much problems playing the actual game, seeing as how it is the best playing out of all of them. That being said...there's not much to play of! I need to see Drew's reactions to the better parts of the game. I wonder if he'll revel in the grandiosity, or be one of the many fans who felt burned by it.

I wish I could find the Bombcast where they talked about some TV show and about some servers being down and Vinny made the joke that the TV shows servers were down. It's was a 2 sec thing but somehow stuck in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom