• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like they're not going to do Peace Walker, that's a bummer.

I get why they think that that it might be better to skip (the grindy gameplay, especially to get the final ending), but considering how confused they are while actually playing the games, the idea of them skipping the actual Metal Gear Solid 5 when it sets up so much of GZ and Phantom Pain's story sounds like a recipe for disaster, whether they read a recap or not.

Entizi

Neo Member
But should I go in with high expectations?

OkJgyWN.png

I get why they think that that it might be better to skip (the grindy gameplay, especially to get the final ending), but considering how confused they are while actually playing the games, the idea of them skipping the actual Metal Gear Solid 5 when it sets up so much of GZ and Phantom Pain's story sounds like a recipe for disaster, whether they read a recap or not.

Yeah, I definitely think they should play it. It's an important game. Drew should have an easier time with it, especially if Dan (and maybe Jason) help him out with the boss fights.

I'm sure if they do decide to play it, they'll have a huge amount of advice on what to do.

Zocano

The Boss went pretty smoothly, looks like. Game's cool but I can't get sad over the graveyard bit no matter how many times I see it and understand it so I just roll my eyes every time I see "; _ : 7"

edit: The credits song is prettyyyyyyy great, though.

Honestly it's not anywhere near as funny as Dan makes it out to be, it's better than you think it would be but it's nothing special. Don't go in with huge expectations.

I can't believe I watched that movie. For a bit I was like "ok, it's no where near as funny as Dan says, but it's not the worst." As soon as I said that, it turned into one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The annoyingly long and stupid sex scene made me almost turn it off. Maybe I'm just not the demographic for that type of movie anymore, but man, give me something like Wayne's World over McGrubber for a SNL type movie anyday.

justjim89

I cried at the end of the game again. Don't judge me. I've just got something in my throat over here and I need to be alone.

God damn MGS3 is one of the best games of all time. Probably the best game ending bar none, in my book. The world needs more games that take that much of an emotional toll.

I cried at the end of the game again. Don't judge me. I've just got something in my throat over here and I need to be alone.

God damn MGS3 is one of the best games of all time. Probably the best game ending bar none, in my book. The world needs more games that take that much of an emotional toll.

No hate from me, MGS3 really is one of the best games and has the best stories of ALL TIME

Fobwashed

Honestly it's not anywhere near as funny as Dan makes it out to be, it's better than you think it would be but it's nothing special. Don't go in with huge expectations.

I had to watch it in two separate sittings because I disliked the main character so much. I can understand why people enjoy it and I might have enjoyed it a lot more years ago but nowadays I have a huge problem with the primary character in anything being an unlikable ass. Which is also why I can't get into The Last Man On Earth... I actually think both those characters are not only played by the same actor but just... the same damn asshole.

Myggen

I had to watch it in two separate sittings because I disliked the main character so much. I can understand why people enjoy it and I might have enjoyed it a lot more years ago but nowadays I have a huge problem with the primary character in anything being an unlikable ass. Which is also why I can't get into The Last Man On Earth... I actually think both those characters are not only played by the same actor but just... the same damn asshole.

I love The Last Man On Earth! I can see why someone wouldn't like that show though, but the sitcom is a genre where I really like some or all the characters being assholes (Seinfeld, Arrested Development, Always Sunny, Archer and numerous Adult Swim series if those can be considered sitcoms etc.).

Rainmaker

Banned
The Last Man on Earth is the best comedy on TV right now. I will not accept any other opinions. Will Forte is great and deserves this show, damn it. I'm way tired of "asshole" main characters but that show is sooooo good. Kristen Schaal ups it so much too.

I can't believe I watched that movie. For a bit I was like "ok, it's no where near as funny as Dan says, but it's not the worst." As soon as I said that, it turned into one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The annoyingly long and stupid sex scene made me almost turn it off. Maybe I'm just not the demographic for that type of movie anymore, but man, give me something like Wayne's World over McGrubber for a SNL type movie anyday.

The sex scene joke was the only one I liked in the movie, but when they then immediately made the same joke again I didn't even like that anymore. So, for me, the "funniest movie of all time" had a single joke and it even managed to screw that one up.

My recommendation for people who liked that movie would be to watch Team America, which is like MacGruber except funny.

Myggen

The Last Man on Earth is the best comedy on TV right now. I will not accept any other opinions. Will Forte is great and deserves this show, damn it. I'm way tired of "asshole" main characters but that show is sooooo good. Kristen Schaal ups it so much too.

it.gif

- J - D -

We've reached a point with the ending of MGS3 where Drew is palpably interested in what comes next in the MGS saga. MGScanlon 3 ends in a good place, a good mood. "They are special games, and I love them". Drew is now a convert. MGS3's ending tends to have that effect on people. Chalk that up to a win for Kojima.

It's a shame then that MGS4 might tear all of that good will down for them, at least in regards to the story. That shit is crazy, and not in the freshly bizarre and fun way that MGS2 was, but a more tired, desperate way.

BanGy.nz

Banned
aUW0ddJ.gif

Jane the Virgin is better.

hamchan

We've reached a point with the ending of MGS3 where Drew is palpably interested in what comes next in the MGS saga. MGScanlon 3 ends in a good place, a good mood. "They are special games, and I love them". Drew is now a convert. MGS3's ending tends to have that effect on people. Chalk that up to a win for Kojima.

It's a shame then that MGS4 might tear all of that good will down for them, at least in regards to the story. That shit is crazy, and not in the freshly bizarre and fun way that MGS2 was, but a more tired, desperate way.

I kinda think he didn't mean the "and I love them" part. He just said it to placate the audience.

Rainmaker

Banned
Hey... hey. Gang, like... uhhhhhh... why don't you all try watching some GOOD television? Buncha jabronies.

Jane The Virgin? Yeah. No thanks, pal. Boston Legal? It should be Boston ILLEGAL in my opinion.

Edit: I said all of this while loading up the WWE Network

Jane The Virgin is really fucking good and i've only seen the first 2 episodes of Last Man on Earth, but neither one is anywhere near as funny as Rick & Morty, Silicon Valley, or Eric Andre Show

I still really need to check out Brooklyn 99 though, only watched a handful of episodes and really enjoyed them

tchocky

I get that feeling too lol. He probably doesn't want to disappoint MGS fans.

I think he really does love the series during the goty podcasts for best old game he talked about how much he loved all the interactivity of mgs2 and he wishes more games could be like that. I think he just gets frustrated with the complex controls and he panics during alerts I do think at the beginning he was alienated by the crazy side of Kojima but he seems to enjoy the dumb moments now.

Xater

I don't think the concept works as a show. I am already tired of it and will probably just drop it.

I don't think the concept works as a show. I am already tired of it and will probably just drop it.

I think I'm tired of the whole Will Forte's a douchebag idiot wanting to get laid thing, but I'm nowhere near done with the show. I just think there is too many ways they can take the show.

Hey... hey. Gang, like... uhhhhhh... why don't you all try watching some GOOD television? Buncha jabronies.

Jane The Virgin? Yeah. No thanks, pal. Boston Legal? It should be Boston ILLEGAL in my opinion.

Edit: I said all of this while loading up the WWE Network

NXT last night was pretty great.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
There has been very little talk about The Old Games Show in this thread, what do you guys think? To me, it's one of those things I always wanted from them, probably my favourite feature outside of the Bombcast and QLs right now, honestly.

Myggen

There has been very little talk about The Old Games Show in this thread, what do you guys think? To me, it's one of those things I always wanted from them, probably my favourite feature outside of the Bombcast and QLs right now, honestly.

I really like it!

it satisfies my desire for more bombasticas really well. probably more than a regular bombastica would.

I hope they keep going with it for a long time.

repeater

I'm really behind on content. I just watched the GBEast test stream. That really stirred my frothing demand for a Vinny playthrough of "Bloodborne", preferably with Alex by his side. I really like their back-and-forth, the GBEast content so far has been great.

I usually really like it when they play old games on the site but Im not feeling the Old Games Show at all. I think they probably need someone like Vinny or Dan (yes I know Vinny couldnt do it) to bring a bit of life to the show. Its just a bit bland at the moment.

one of my favorite things in life is playing games that don't require my full attention while watching tv shows that don't require my full attention

definitely one of the main reasons I play so many jrpgs and turn based strategy games

e: having said that, I just watched both seasons of Hannibal and that show was shockingly good. how the hell did that show end up on network tv?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
one of my favorite things in life is playing games that don't require my full attention while watching tv shows that don't require my full attention

definitely one of the main reasons I play so many jrpgs and turn based strategy games

e: having said that, I just watched both seasons of Hannibal and that show was shockingly good. how the hell did that show end up on network tv?

See, that's where podcasts come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom