• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought these games were garbage back when they came out. Didn't buy a single one of these myself. I hated it when friends wanted to play it.

Oh dont get me wrong, i've never liked these games. If i wanted to play a board game, i'd play a board game. If i wanted to play a coop couch game, then there was MK64 or WCW/NWO revenge or Goldeneye. But what i was referring to was the general public's tolerance and even acceptance of these games when they came out.

hell, given that MP10 just charted on the NPD that franchise still holds some sway over the philistines of our nation.

Xater

Oh dont get me wrong, i've never liked these games. If i wanted to play a board game, i'd play a board game. If i wanted to play a coop coch game, then there was MK64 or WCW/NWO revenge or Goldeneye. But what i was referring to was the general public's tolerance and even acceptance of these games when they came out.

hell, given that MP10 just charted on the NPD that franchise still holds some sway over the philistines of our nation.

Yes, thankfully those were the mainstays with my friends as well. There was just one weirdo that sometimes wanted to play fucking Mario Party. That the games still sell like this baffles me as well. Although this one supporting Amiibos might also have helped.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Mario Party has always been and will always be garbage. Mario Party's success and nostalgia is only evidence of Nintendo fans' inability to reconcile seeing Nintendo characters in an awful game.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I liked the minigames in the first pokemon stadium

Skyzard

Banned
Been listening to a bunch of bombcasts recently, loads from the last month or two.

Jason really piles on Dan sometimes. I even started to feel a bit bad. But then >:)

Also, I feel like Brad really shines in the casts compared to the quick looks or other videos that I remember seeing him in.

Since they're on the gamecube games, maybe they'll check out all of those crappy Mario Sports games that came out, like the basketball one and the baseball one. I think the basketball game was done by EA and on the DS Square Enix made a basketball game, too?

weird times for nintendo

Xater

Since they're on the gamecube games, maybe they'll check out all of those crappy Mario Sports games that came out, like the basketball one and the baseball one. I think the basketball game was done by EA and on the DS Square Enix made a basketball game, too?

weird times for nintendo

As someone who enjoys playing baseball video games I was always curious to try the gamecube one out. Of course it was never released in Europe, so I have no idea how good or bad it was.

Brashnir

weird times for nintendo

Since they're playing the Gamecube games on a Wii, maybe we'll finally get Episode 2 of the Fortune Street Endurance Run.

while we're in pie-in-the-sky land and all.

Reedirect

That was the best MPP so far. Jeff's agonizing scream when they were forced to play Pair-a-sailing for like the sixth time had me in stitches.

Just wait until they get to the Wii Mario Party (7, I think?) when you bring MOTION CONTROL into the equation for minigames.

You want to talk garbage design...

I'm actually a bit bored with the Mario Party Party feature now. The first two were fun but I just feel like I'm watching the same thing now in each video. I'm not sure I'll even bother with the next one.

danm999

I think the most surprising thing about Mario Party is that they only made 2 for Wii after making 4 Gamecube games.

Yeah that's a good point. They really cranked these things out on the commercial failures but held back on their megahit.

Guess we'll see lots on the Wii U then..?

I think the most surprising thing about Mario Party is that they only made 2 for Wii after making 4 Gamecube games.

the first one on the wii is a real gem: it states that it has widescreen support.

what it actually does is render the game at 4:3 and then the sides of the screen have some bullshit there to fill the space.

fucking mario party is playing games with aspect ratios, too.

Man this Affordable Space Adventures QL is REALLY frustrating. The solutions are really, really obvious yet they keep doing the complete opposite thing.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That Battlefront thread is madness. Everything sounds good to me so far and I don't even care about Star Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom