• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

BN5hyRg.png

Sakwoff

The beginning of MPP4 is probably one of the most American things I've ever seen.

Someone should have fired a gun in the background, then it would have been perfect.

Jothel

YO HOW MANY OF THESE 450ISHMB FILES DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD FOR MKX TO FINISH UPDATING?

This has taken quite a while, I want to play =(

Xater

Dan clearly doesn't know anymore what real food tastes like. I can't understand how else you could think Orios with nacho cheese taste good or are a good idea to begin with.

YO HOW MANY OF THESE 450ISHMB FILES DO I NEED TO DOWNLOAD FOR MKX TO FINISH UPDATING?

This has taken quite a while, I want to play =(

you can play right away and it'll keep downloading. The only issue i had is that the game kinda chugged when doing so.

but i guess it's better than nothing.

Dan clearly doesn't know anymore what real food tastes like. I can't understand how else you could think Orios with nacho cheese taste good or are a good idea to begin with.

he was drunk. I know i've eaten some random stuff when heavy drinking is involved

Jothel

you can play right away and it'll keep downloading. The only issue i had is that the game kinda chugged when doing so.

but i guess it's better than nothing.

Ah right, I'm gonna have to hit the hay soon so I'll just have to wait until tomorrow, it wouldn't be so bad but for some reason it's going at around 40kb/s

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's about as disgusting as chicken and waffles really.

And let me tell you motherfuckers that I will go to town on some chicken and waffles.

Chocolate and cheese go together well, Oreos and nacho cheese is just the most Dan combination of the two imaginable.

edit: Actually, that sprayed cheese would be more Dan.

if you want to do it right you stop fucking around with knockoffs and use Hydrox instead of oreos. That's the OG cookie, oreos is the knockoff here.

tainting cheese with that crap, shame on the GB crew.

Nacho cheese dip is basically a fast food cheaper version of cheese fondue.

now, y'all gonna keep talking shit about cheese fondue's cousin or you gonna hold that L?

I've totally played a 50 turn game of MPP4 with my friends, unless they straight up repeat minigames with the same graphics in the later ones. Getting some flashbacks here.

Xater

I've totally played a 50 turn game of MPP4 with my friends, unless they straight up repeat minigames with the same graphics in the later ones. Getting some flashbacks here.

25 turns should probably be the max and even that is too much. It's a garbage roll and move game which involves basically no decision making and lots of luck. So of course it sucks. It's like all those shitty Hasbro board games.

25 turns should probably be the max and even that is too much. It's a garbage roll and move game which involves basically no decision making and lots of luck. So of course it sucks. It's like all those shitty Hasbro board games.

We get together to play a bunch of Nintendo games every now and then, we usually get to Mario Party around 2-3 am. Perfect time to start a 50 turn game.

danm999

Wow Mario Party Party 4 was great. Probably up there with 2 as my favourite.

A few thoughts.

Nice to see Dan taken down a peg (sorry Dan!) for saying if he won the game was skill based and then come in dead last.

Called the Dan losing in MPP4 a few days ago given he was Apollo Creed, so I guess Brad is Ivan Drogo.

Nice to see Brad finally get a victory. Last game he was a bit too detached, and while I wouldn't necessarily want him super competitive like Dan, I kind of loved the Nero fiddling over Rome vibe this time.

DMX Goomba. Jason is a treasure.

The "general consensus" or whatever wisdom was handed down on the quality of these games seems to have no clue what it's talking about. This game seemed like the most bearable yet in terms of board mechanics and minigame design, but is held up as a the decline, whereas 2 and 3 look excruciating and are the golden era.

I suspect Jeff's assessment is right; this is the era where a large part of the audience simply wised up to how flawed these games were, but didn't realize the early ones had the same problems.

Xater

I suspect Jeff's assessment this is the era where a large part of the audience simply wised up to how flawed these games were is true.

He is probably mostly correct, although I do think the mini game quality in this did seem lower. The rest seemed oh so slightly better.

danm999

He is probably mostly correct, although I do think the mini game quality in this did seem lower. The rest seemed oh so slightly better.

It may be a personal preference thing, but I liked more of what I saw in this one. The Booksquirm game, and the one where the teams had to figure out the corridor of puzzles looked better than anything I'd seen so far.

Though there was some "who can mash A fastest" garbage.

Minigame collections were a novelty at the time. "hey, this game has like 50 games in it! how awesome is that!?!!?"

these days, when you can download a free minigame on your phone and get hours of entertainment out of it (crossy road is a great example), paying $50 to play a bunch of unfun bullshit sure seems like the stupidest thing ever.

But back then? people could overlook the nonsense because the only thing you were playing on your phone was a shitty version of Snake and there was nothing quite like it.

Xater

Minigame collections were a novelty at the time. "hey, this game has like 50 games in it! how awesome is that!?!!?"

these days, when you can download a free minigame on your phone and get hours of entertainment out of it (crossy road is a great example), paying $50 to play a bunch of unfun bullshit sure seems like the stupidest thing ever.

But back then? people could overlook the nonsense because the only thing you were playing on your phone was a shitty version of Snake and there was nothing quite like it.

I thought these games were garbage back when they came out. Didn't buy a single one of these myself. I hated it when friends wanted to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom