• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanGy.nz

Banned
EcNZkt0.jpg

Yeah.
Do you get to keep the belt?

Dan and Erick Tay teaming up to take down Ebrietas, Daughter of Cosmos on Dan's stream was super tense and awesome

up to that point Dan's play was probably 70% brute force and 30% grace, and somehow at the height of his frustration he pulled off a level of poise that wasn't even hinted at in the previous 6 hours of streaming

I teamed up with alcohol to beat Eriebtas, and that worked pretty well.

Unfortunately, she betrayed me. Tonight, I tried to rekindle our partnership to finish the rest of the game, but it didn't turn out as expected. Instead, I bought a One Piece game that was part of the PSN flash sale, watched three episodes of Hunter x Hunter that I can barely remember, and sat on my bathroom floor for at least an hour listening to my shower run.

Poor purchasing decisions, anime, and pseudo-blackouts...it was a very Giant Bomb evening.

Lelcar

We need more fanart of the new-ish bearded looks for all of the guys. Puyo Puyo is kind of the only run of that, right? Except it doesn't have beard Brad.

Lelcar

Oh, nice! I didn't see that, that's great!

Also, I kinda agree with Dan about the new Genisys trailer. I am little more interested now.

Giant Bomb fighting game?! Please take 10,000 pictures.

Renpatsu

Oh, nice! I didn't see that, that's great!

Also, I kinda agree with Dan about the new Genisys trailer. I am little more interested now.
There's another new trailer out?

Edit: Okay, yeah, that's probably the best trailer they've released so far, but the bar wasn't so high to begin with.

I'm kinda with Brad on the bombcast a week or two ago in that I'll play a new souls game like nonstop at first and be completely absorbed by it for the first like 20 or 30 hours, then I just kinda fall off of it. Like I eventually get around to finishing them in little chunks of playtime but I just lose that feverish interest around 1/2 to 2/3 of the way in for whatever reason (not necessarily a major difficulty spike or anything).

Yeah I'm the same way. This time was especially bad as I was able to play regularly for the first week or so but then I did a bit of travelling and got sick and couldn't play for a week or so. I don't really have much motivation to go back, even though I liked what I'd played so far a lot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah I'm the same way. This time was especially bad as I was able to play regularly for the first week or so but then I did a bit of travelling and got sick and couldn't play for a week or so. I don't really have much motivation to go back, even though I liked what I'd played so far a lot.

I feel like that's me with every new release these days.

I feel like that's me with every new release these days.

Sort of, yeah. I feel like I can get through a game I like reliably if it's somewhere under 20 hours, but longer than that my success rate really drops down. Then again a lot of games' second half is basically the game going "Ok you've seen everything we have to offer, now do the same stuff for the rest of the game", so not much is lost by not finishing them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A lot of it is not wanting to relearn the mechanics, but yeah, there's only a few genres of games that I would want to realistically go back to and it's going to get worse as games get more complex. Not in how they control necessarily but in all that there is to do.

I'd love to get GTA V for a third time to see that world in 60 FPS on what sounds like an amazing port, but I think about having to make money and unlock cars and side quests and find specific outfits I liked that are spread all over the world, and it's like, 'fuck that.'

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I played a LOT of State of Emergency when it came out. Had a ton of fun. Reminded me of a 'next gen' Final Fight. No regrets.

Dares

So have they talked about the Big Live Live show lately? I thought it was going to happen soonish....

Also I guess Tested isn't doing the Octobercast in April like they were considering.

Man, State of Emergency is the most video gamey video game to ever exist. It's like it was designed to be the perfect game that Hollywood would to have their actors fake play while they mash their unplugged controllers and various Atari SFXs are blaring from their TVs.

The stilted animations, the weird cartoony proportions, the wacky random gameplay, the level of violence that would make a Fox News talking head faint. It's just perfectly designed to be the game you see in a episode of CSI or someshit.

Nero18

Have been watching the highlights from previous Mario Party Parties this morning, just now realizing what an evil person Brad is. Sinister.

Jintor

I just watched all of Mario Party Party 2 while playing GTAV and watched the finale while eating dinner

Brad falling on the table and attempting to destroy the cartridge was pretty amazing

jaina

Just got a new mac, opened up GB in Safari and I the video says it can't play as I need a browser with HTML5 or Flash, is this normal?

should work out of the box. I've been successfully watching HTML5 Giant Bomb in Safari 7.1.4 for months. Best playback experience right after downloading for me. Maybe after some OS/Safari updates?

hamchan

Watching Mario Party 1 highlights, Brad, Drew and Dan are pretty clean shaven.

4 Mario Parties later and they now have full beards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom