• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched MPP 3 the day before 4. Brad was hilarious the whole way through. The arc that the guys are taking is worth the pain and suffering. You couldn't write it any better.

R4BPHNa.jpg

Tucah

you speak so well
I just saw that "I Am Bread" came up on the upcoming content site. I'm sure this is really a quick look for some game I've never heard of, but please let me maintain my illusion that this is really a day-long intervention to get Brad to accept his true form.

They've actually already done an unfinished on the game.

there is no brad in it

justjim89

They should do a video with the Giant Bomb Game Jam stuff. Seems a bit unfortunate after the work those folks put in that they don't get featured on the site proper.

Myggen

Watching them playing State of Emergency reminds me of how much I liked that game when it came out. One of my few "I love this game that everyone else hates" kind of games.

Lijik

State of Emergency looked pretty fun on UPF but I also like Id feel super burned if I bought it at full price back in the day.

I really like the idea of them destroying the Mario Party games after they play them. Like if they could somehow use a roller coaster to destroy 4, it would be perfect.

What are some of y'all's favorite UPF segments? The JFK game getting mentioned made me want to start going back to some of the older episodes.

Outside of the ones listed in the compilation post of course.

Myggen

I really like the idea of them destroying the Mario Party games after they play them. Like if they could somehow use a roller coaster to destroy 4, it would be perfect.

Something like what the RedLetterMedia guys does with their Best of the Worst series, if you're familiar with those guys.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, I haven't subbed in about 2-ish years for various reasons, and I've been catching up on the premium content I've missed...

And I'm getting close to July 2013.

Myggen

I know we've discussed premium numbers before, but going back to the 2012 BLLSL NeoGAF thread it seems like they said that they had 18 490 premium members at the start of that stream. Which, given that Jeff has said that the numbers have just gone up since then, probably puts today's number at well past 20k. Not bad.

Vic Tokai

Neo Member
Eh, a million a year isn't that much. Salaries for eight people living and working in the two most expensive metro areas in the U.S. could easily take up more than half that amount. A chunk of it would go toward infrastructure /server costs, and the remainder would go into CBSi's coffers.

Myggen

Eh, a million a year isn't that much. Salaries for eight people living and working in the two most expensive metro area in the U.S. could easily take up more than half that amount. A chunk of it would go toward infrastructure /server costs, and the remainder would go into CBSi's coffers.

Sure, but take into account ad revenue it goes a long way to explain why GB was allowed to run more or less unchanged after being bought by CBSi; it's a steady money flow from subscriptions, which is incredibly hard to get when running a website. I'm also assuming that they're well past 20k subs now (the service launched in September 2010, which puts the 2012 BLLSL two years after the launch), but you also have to take into account that a lot of people have bought their subs for $35.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom