• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'on fire' part was the WM months when Alex left for NY. Rorie's talked about it before, but it was obvious at the time - dude was killing himself trying to keep the site ticking over with video content, written content, freelance management etc.

Ok yeah that's kind of on fire.

5il3nc3r

"This game is weird". The GB crew's favorite way to describe a game. I don't know if this is a recent thing but I'm noticing it a lot lately.

Anjin M

There is something to be said for weird.

Also, good job, Jimmy. Have a cookie or whatever cookie-equivalent is available in your part of the world.

Mr. F

Banned
Was stoked to hear on the Bombcast that there might be live streams planned for today and tomorrow, hope they come through.

"This game is weird". The GB crew's favorite way to describe a game. I don't know if this is a recent thing but I'm noticing it a lot lately.

Been that way for a while if not forever, it's gotten kind of tired.

Zaph

The most Dan tweet I've ever seen

doqUBtq.png

Was stoked to hear on the Bombcast that there might be live streams planned for today and tomorrow, hope they come through.

Did Brad say it? Because I wouldn't trust Brad with these things.

Mr. F

Banned
The most Dan tweet I've ever seen

doqUBtq.png

Did Brad say it? Because I wouldn't trust Brad with these things.

Brett/Jeff said it IIRC, closing remarks on this week's episode.

And that Dan tweet, I could just hear it; "Not like serious guy rap, I want regular guy rap"

I think it's their parlance for, it isn't what you expect it to be.

Haven't started Bloodborne yet...is there some password system that we're doing for us lot? That said, I forgot the Scotland game's on so I might not get much in today.

Myggen

He is looking for some recommendations.

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert 12m12 minutes ago
I need some rap recommendations. What should I look into if I like Biggie, Dre, Snoop, and Wu-Tang?

Assuming he's looking at this thread, and he wants more some fun hip hop I'd recommend artists like Pusha T, Action Bronson, Run the Jewels, Outkast, The Pharcyde, Rick Ross (especially Teflon Don, it's not art but it's good work out music), Schoolboy Q and stuff like that.

Also, I need Pillars of Eternity now.

Tucah

you speak so well
By the way, Jeff just confirmed on his Mixlr that they're going to try and get a live stream going this afternoon (didn't hint to what it is though)

Mr. F

Banned
Having not yet gotten that far in the game (just hit The End fight), is The Fury as difficult a time as Drew is having with it? Typically he's undone by his play style but it does seem like the windows for attack are pretty small in that fight, unless there's something he's missing completely.

Dan strikes me as someone who would really like MF Doom's work. Or Kool Keith. But dude freakin' works with Jeff, he should just turn around and ask a bro for some recommendations.

Maybe it's Vinny doing a live playthrough of Bloodbourne. People dig that live Bloodbourne stuff.

Edit: The chanter in Pillars of Eternity sounds like Muzzy. Yes that's elvish he's speaking. And no he's not an elf, he's a dwarf.

I bet the live stream is a 4 hour gauntlet for Drew to beat MGS3 with everyone watching over his back so they can continue playing bloodborne

whooooooo

Myggen

Dan strikes me as someone who would really like MF Doom's work. Or Kool Keith. But dude freakin' works with Jeff, he should just turn around and ask a bro for some recommendations.

Need to choose the right albums by Kool Keith, the man has made a lot of questionable shit throughout the years. But stuff like Dr. Octagon is fantastic.

Need to choose the right stuff by Kool Keith, the man has made a lot of questionable shit throughout the years.

unfortunately totally true. more people should listen to Black Elvis/Lost in Space though, it might arguably be his most consistently strong album, imo

Myggen

PoE is straight up Baldur's Gate 2 with different ruleset, isn't it? Holy crap did they just make one of those games (and that's awesome).

unfortunately totally true. more people should listen to Black Elvis/Lost in Space though, it might arguably be his most consistently strong album, imo

I prefer Dr. Octagon, but Black Elvis is probably his second best album, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom