• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyscourse is an interesting concept, but the presentation really lets it down. The art is so damn ugly and I can't say I care for the simlish speech. Even Vinny and Alex have trouble keeping their attention on the actual game in this QL.

KingKong

Dyscourse is an interesting concept, but the presentation really lets it down. The art is so damn ugly and I can't say I care for the simlish speech. Even Vinny and Alex have trouble keeping their attention on the actual game in this QL.

I really don't understand why they keep QLing every crappy indie game that comes out on Steam. I don't want to complain about premium content because there's so much of it lately, but couldn't they spend some of that time having Vinny play Bloodborne or Cities Skylines or whatever?

It's not like a high profile game they have to look at, no one's going to mind if there isn't a quick look of Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries

I really don't understand why they keep QLing every crappy indie game that comes out on Steam. I don't want to complain about premium content because there's so much of it lately, but couldn't they spend some of that time having Vinny play Bloodborne or Cities Skylines or whatever?

It's not like a high profile game they have to look at, no one's going to mind if there isn't a quick look of Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries

I actually appreciated the smaller quick looks because some of these games i wouldn't have encountered on my own. Woolfe actually looked alright, and we sure as hell aren't going to get adventure game quick looks from GBwest so its nice to have vinny and alex check out stuff like unwritten tales 2 because now i know that i need to play it just to get some more troll action.

rather have them check out different games than just do more quick looks of stuff we've already seen.

Sure but if I threw a dart at the internet right now I would probably hit somebody talking about Bloodborne. Meanwhile, LISA is one of the most interesting games I've seen this year and I haven't seen anything about it outside of GBeast.

yeah seriously, of all their content, I think the minor release QLs have been some of my favorites over the last 6 months or so. Beast especially have either convinced me to buy games I've never heard of or amused me by making fun of them "making games is hard."

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Nah, let's have unique stuff instead of games that already have a gazillion number of sites covering it.

Literally gazillions.

KingKong

I guess I just miss Vinny fucking around with more open games then and it doesn't have to be the latest popular thing, it could be a random simulator. Most of these quick looks have been pretty boring and the games not even worth looking at in my opinion

I guess I just miss Vinny fucking around with more open games then and it doesn't have to be the latest popular thing, it could be a random simulator. Most of these quick looks have been pretty boring and the games not even worth looking at in my opinion

your "not worth looking at" is my "huh, i wonder what this game is all about. Well, time to sit back and see what's what."

Again, rather have them keep checking out games i haven't heard of versus games that are a known quantity.

Myggen

I'm not sure if it's an either/or situation. There's no reason Vinny couldn't fuck around in Cities or whatever in addition to the QLs they do. Brad mentioned on Twitter a short while ago that they were talking about doing some Bloodborne videos with Vinny, so I'm sure we'll get some of that.

daydream

Banned
beast's pc game coverage has been ace, big props to alex & vindawg

jeff mentioned a livestream on last week's bombcast that didn't really materialise, are we suspecting that to be mpp4?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The reason why gamespot lose their cred wasn't because of the gerstamann incident, but it's because of the hole left by Matthew Rorie leaving.

Zaph

Screened wasn't "on fire", per se, it was just sort of in limbo while Tested and Giant Bomb were being bought.

Man, Screened was so awesome.

The 'on fire' part was the WM months when Alex left for NY. Rorie's talked about it before, but it was obvious at the time - dude was killing himself trying to keep the site ticking over with video content, written content, freelance management etc.

That 404 guy telling Vinny that Nintendo should make a phone....

They have billions in the bank. If they spent that in R&D it would fix everything, Vinny!

Yeah, it was tough listening to fake Jeff's opinions. But I can't really blame him; Vinny seemed a lot more aware of how unrealistic such expectations were, whereas 404Jeff was in the position of an ex-fan with big moon-eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom