• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #13 | good and faithful friends ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modern Formula 1 is garbage. Gimped cars running tiny engines through an endless parade of soulless Tilke circuits in countries with zero motorsport culture for an audience of no one. Burn it. Burn everything.

Megasoum

Banned
Modern Formula 1 is garbage. Gimped cars running tiny engines through an endless parade of soulless Tilke circuits in countries with zero motorsport culture for an audience of no one. Burn it. Burn everything.

We just need to wait a couple of years for the old man to kick the bucket and then we have a chance.

I find my joy as a newbie to F1 in Danny/Drew's accents, their podcast music, Crashtor Maldonado, rookies like Verstappen, the Formula E-J, and sweet crash gifs.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey so... I'm a huge Tom Clancy fan and I started reading "Patriot Games" again recently.

Now all the bad guys sound like Dany in my head... This is weird.

Suplexer

I took a second swing at Amelia in Bloodborne while listening to the Bombcast today, and beat her on my first try.

I am really loving this game, but man, it really just feels like "Walk backwards slowly until X enemy attacks, then dodge around the back and swing.". I've defeated every boss using this tactic, in around 2-3 attempts (I defeated Father G on my first try).

Have I just accidentally chose easy mode by picking the Axe and Cleaver? The Cleaver is fast enough that I can chain 700 damage in a combo, and the Axe has enough range on its charged R2 that I can walk backwards and then hit anyone with it as they approach and kill almost every time.

There are of course exceptions, but as someone who has never played a Souls game before, the difficulty (or maybe the depth, not the difficulty?) definitely does seem way overhyped as Jeff has said. I'm enjoying this game way more for the atmosphere in the same way I do Silent Hill, than the depth of the combat.

Sorry to turn this into Bloodborne talk but the OT is intimidating.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Amen. Not even a German GP this year.

I don't get F1 (and racing in general) and since I don't really watch it, even though I love Drew and Danny, nothing they say really means anything to me. Which is sad because I need more irishman in my ears.

I took a second swing at Amelia in Bloodborne while listening to the Bombcast today, and beat her on my first try.

I am really loving this game, but man, it really just feels like "Walk backwards slowly until X enemy attacks, then dodge around the back and swing.". I've defeated every boss using this tactic, in around 2-3 attempts (I defeated Father G on my first try).

Have I just accidentally chose easy mode by picking the Axe and Cleaver? The Cleaver is fast enough that I can chain 700 damage in a combo, and the Axe has enough range on its charged R2 that I can walk backwards and then hit anyone with it as they approach and kill almost every time.

There are of course exceptions, but as someone who has never played a Souls game before, the difficulty (or maybe the depth, not the difficulty?) definitely does seem way overhyped as Jeff has said. I'm enjoying this game way more for the atmosphere in the same way I do Silent Hill, than the depth of the combat.

Sorry to turn this into Bloodborne talk but the OT is intimidating.
So I'm not that far past Amelia, but it seems like in the new areas you're about to enter, they amp up the difficulty by making you handle a lot at once. Fighting a big burly dude isn't hard on its own but when you have to do it while being shot at by several marksmen and chased by a couple dogs at the same time, it gets harder to juggle.

I'm late to the party on this, but just finished up Mario Party Party 4 and the ending is classic for Brad's reactions alone. I burst out laughing myself. First his sheer joy at Dan's placement and then the bemusement at his own finish. The whole 4 hours totally pays off in the end.

danm999

I'm late to the party on this, but just finished up Mario Party Party 4 and the ending is classic for Brad's reactions alone. I burst out laughing myself. First his sheer joy at Dan's placement and then the bemusement at his own finish. The whole 4 hours totally pays off in the end.

It was great. Fingers crossed Jeff wins the next one.

Guys, I think the Rare game that parts of GAF are getting excited about is going to be a Mario Party clone with old Rare IP

I feel like GAF wont take this well if I am right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom